Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you embarrassed to be seen with your parents?

jackleapp81

Not really. I don't go out enough to be embarrassed of them. Besides, both my folks are smart, charming, witty and sarcastic folk. They tend to liven situations up with the absurd and random conversations we all start. 

If we are at a store or restaurant, yes. One of my parents tends to be rude to waitstaff and cashiers, and it makes me want to apologize for my own parent's behavior to the poor person who has to deal with it.

I'm never around my parents, so no. But when I was with them it didn't bother me as long as they didn't attract attention to me or themselves. As long as I remain more or less invisible, I'm happy. 

Not at all, I'm actually very close with both my father and step mother. We all share a common interest, which is gaming, especially World of Warcraft. I remember when Legion came out, me and my father both played together blind. When we're in public they do nothing to get unwanted attention, so I have no reason to be embarrassed to be seen with them. Though my father does try to embarrass me if he meets one of my lady friends, but that's about it.

• 1 month later...

Yes, my mom will pick fights with random strangers because, she takes everything too seriously. She'll just randomly yell at a driver just because, she can't walk across the road within 5 seconds. I cringe and,i want to hide my face while pretending that i don't know who she is.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:06 PM, DuskSong said:

If we are at a store or restaurant, yes. One of my parents tends to be rude to waitstaff and cashiers, and it makes me want to apologize for my own parent's behavior to the poor person who has to deal with it.

I can relate.

Embarrassed for them, definitely. My life has gone nowhere, and now that we've lived in the area for enough time most people in the stores know them and hear how I'm house bound. The few times I go out they then see that I seem to be a pretty big guy and all I get are dirty looks and them ones of "he's fooling you".

It depends on the situation, location and also which parent aswell.

If I'm outside with my dad then I'm not embarassed because he understands me and I really think that he's cool, now, my mom, I'm normally avoiding to be in contact with her because of my personal problems, it's not that I don't like her but I love spending time with my dad more, so if I'm in the bar or somewhere else I'd feel less embarassed whilst being with my father than my mom.

Not really, when I was younger and it was more acceptable to be with my parents it didn't matter because it was acceptable, now that it's a bit weirder everyone I know has moved away for uni, including me. Even so when people see us together it's just a cute daughter parent day out type thing so I don't think anybody cares. That's why I'm not bothered.

I always loved spending time with my mom and my uncle! I just don't get embarrassed though....

So idk should have thought about that beforehand. Not saying it isn't possible but just saying I've done anything I consider embarrassing. 

Also I guess my mom and my uncle never really have done anything you see in the tv shows/movies about a parent being embarrassing. 

When I was a teenager, I felt a bit embarrassed when I was seen with my parents. Nowadays, their actions made in public do not bother me. They are who they are!

I've never been embarrassed to be seen with my parents. However, the same at times can't be said about my parents being seen around me. Let's just say that the way I do things doesn't make them feel impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't feel that embarrassed around my parents. They're family, and everyone's got parents. Spending time with them is just a way of showing that you care about them. :)That doesn't mean that I spend all of my time around them. Being an adult means that you need to stand up without needing your parents, but having them around isn't inherently a bad thing.

Nah. They can do some cringy shit at times as boomers are wont to do, but I've gotten past that point in my life where I give a damn what strangers think about me.

Also I live halfway across the country, so I only ever see them on the holidays anymore.

• 3 weeks later...