Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"You are NOT Special"

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

This guy reminds me a lot of myself, sure I graduated from high school but ultimately, so what?

It doesn't make me more important than anyone else, I still don't feel as if my life has any actual value, and getting a diploma doesn't automatically guarantee you a job.

We're born, and we die-usually without our lives ever having had real meaning.

• Brohoof 2

Unique =/= special. I agree wholeheartedly with this speech. Unless you truly are contributing to humanity in monumental ways, as in, you're on the far right side of the normal distribution curve, you're not special. Unique? Yes. But Unique isn't a good thing always. Some people just need to get that through their heads and get off their self-aggrandized soap boxes and pedestals. 

• Brohoof 2

We are all special, but in different ways and to different people.

For example I'm special to my wife but the cashier at the gas station couldn't give a rat's turd about me.

Another example is I'm above average at troubleshooting technology. Put me in a room of techno-incompetents and I look darn special.

I am special to my boss at work cause I'm one of the few non-slacker employees.

Does that make me special in the scheme of the universe? Maybe not, but like Kyoshi said...I'm ok with that.

This guy reminds me a lot of myself, sure I graduated from high school but ultimately, so what?

It doesn't make me more important than anyone else, I still don't feel as if my life has any actual value, and getting a diploma doesn't automatically guarantee you a job.

We're born, and we die-usually without our lives ever having had real meaning.

I often feel the same way. So what I do is I live to make my 4 year old daughter's life better and less horrible. So I continue to go to work so I can pay bills and buy her pony stuff. And I wake up everyday so I can make her giggle. Doesn't always work but that's most of the time how I get passed this problem.

this man is special with his specialty of specifying your lack of specialty. However he is special as you(the reader) are special which you are not making you and him special in a way that makes the both of you not special in the most special wave. by not being special we are special in the sense that none of us are in fact special. what did all of that mean? I haven't the slightest clue but that guy makes one hell of a speech.

(edited)

Come to think of it, this is actually a more mainstream version of Dethklok's 'Go Forth and Die' speech Nathan delivered and made the exact same nihilistic points about how nobody and nothing matters because we're all going to die someday and have our corpses devoured by maggots (even though, I'm pretty sure coffins are airtight these days and some people get cremated.)

And that episode of Metalocalypse came out three or four years BEFORE this guy did his speech.

Edited by TimeLordRainbowDash

(edited)

Well this is a depressing reality -_-

Yep, that's kinda how it is. HOWEVER, we can still enjoy this reality, we can enjoy it our own way. Most of us are not special at all, I know I am not, but I don't need to be special to enjoy the things I like. Sure, I have difficulty enjoying these things right now but that is because of a lot of other problems with my mind and whatnot. Me not being special doesn't mean anything really. It shouldn't for anyone.

Life is very depressing, but that doesn't mean happiness isn't there either. They are both there, sometimes one more than the other, sometimes permanently so. It all depends on circumstance.

I personally think that life as a whole is completely and utterly pointless, but that depressing reality doesn't stop me from trying to enjoy it.

Edited by Flipturn

(edited)

i changed page before punching the screen.. i may have an ego bigger than a Carrier... but jesus,.. this gets me on the nerve to much, i hate mocking persons like that, and i hate his way to do a speech! just repeat the same things, people laught ah ah but they don't realize how much this person is trying to reduce each's ego and will to fight to reach their objective, really.. i don't like this guy.. i am of the idea that an homeless man, can still be an awesome person and become someone if he has the right opportunity, call me a retard positivistm optimistic guy,  i don't care, everyone is made to shine for we are humans

btw u need a way to do a positive speech and give (false) hopes and look like an hero? I follow this way of speaking.. always work, just give pauses on the right moments, and make each word heavy, each wotd must contain the info of an hole sentence, short, hard, a dot after each work, i usually talk like this when i want to argue with someone irl... and it works! (ps i am not a fascist and i don't support those bullshits, just bringing an idea of a way of making a speech that i like)

Edited by Doc. Volt
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly wish the majority of the people in the world understood that. Life isn't about patting yourself on the back or patronising yourself, it is about leaving a mark. We spoon feed almost everyone in our society, but you know what? Most of our society hasn't left it's mark. People may find comfort in telling themselves their special, and that they'll do great things, but that won't make those things happen, if anything it will stop that person from ever achieving those great things. So yes I agree, we are all unique, to some degree, but we are not all special.