Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My First Sig Asking for Ways for Improvement

lighting flash

This is the first Sig I've ever made. I was just goofing around and made this on gimp. Any ways I can improve this or make it better for next time.

attachicon.gifsig.png

It is good :) I like the vectors you chose and background, but yeah just make the word a tad smaller and use a different font. Something elegant would go great with Tavi :)

• Brohoof 1

It's a good theme, and I agree above about the font choice, and you might want to do something to make it more easily readable, perhaps  shrinking the size and blurring the background beneath it?

Additionally, I think the images look a little skewed, like you changed the dimensions to fit a square image inside a rectanglular box. Maybe it's just how I'm looking at it though.

• Brohoof 1

My advice would be to position the text and images in a more complimenting manner.

Try not to obscure the images too much with the text. But if you really have to, try your best not to cover any eyes or faces.

That's just my two bits.

• Brohoof 1

Except for the text, I think that this is pretty good. Personally I would have it be slightly smaller and lower, and a tiny bit translucent, but all artistic decisions are ultimately yours. The font suits Octavia well, and the various versions of her in the back ground look pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1

It looks a bit too busy, maybe add a little less pics to make it look a bit cleaner.

Also the font choice, much like everyone else said, maybe make it a little more unique

That's all I got, good job btw ;)

• Brohoof 1

Let me just say that is an excellent start at making sigs. 

This site here is an *excellent* place to practice they have loads of tutorials I think you might love. 

http://www.sigtutorials.com/

Also just keep on experimenting that is the best way to learn to make sigs and avatars. 

Also if you wanted to try Photoshop check this video out as well. 

http://youtu.be/DpS_G23RYZE

I use Photoshop personally but I also use Gimp from time to time both amazing programs.

Btw the video above has a download link for Photoshop cs5 I think it is actually adobe white rabbit.

Edited by Ticking Timebomb
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I took some of you guys advice and there is less pics and a better text choice. I don't have photoshop so I might download this. I just doing this for fun. Thank you all for your help and tell what I should change on this one.

post-17498-0-90986300-1386461467.png

:) I just noticed it looks like @Ticking Timebomb Sig.

Edited by lighting flash
  • Brohoof 2