NavelColt

S04:E04 - Daring Don't  

425 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

OK, something smells... off about this twist.  This is either legitimate (in which case it'd be AWESOME! :wub:), or... they just stumbled onto the set of the Daring Do film (which would be HILARIOUS!  :lol:).  I just don't know which is which.

Also, who other than me thinks that Twilight, with her new princess authority and everything, must've used Equestria's equivalent of the NSA to find A.K. Yearling's (hehe, dat J.K. Rowling reference  B)) address?  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 5

LMAO that fan filly fueled argument between Twilight and Rainbow Dash has to be the nerdiest argument I have heard about anything in quite a while.

• Brohoof 8

'Hey Daring Do, I've fought evil before and have been training in the Wonderbolts, maybe I can help?'

You couldn't get out of your fangirlism for a moment to tell her that huh Dash? :huh:

Oh well, the episode isn't over just yet but still.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, apparently Daring Do's got the social skills of Batman.  Actually, scratch that, even Batman works with others when he has to.

Also, Dashie and Twilight are being adorable in this episode, but I'm getting seriously ticked off by the brain fart all of the Mane 6 (especially Dash) seem to have had.  I mean, have they completely forgotten that they, oh I don't know, HAVE SAVED EQUESTRIA COUNTLESS TIMES?!?  Get your act together guys and save the day, you're heroes all the time just like Daring Do!  I do expect the Mane 6 to show up with a plan put together, but still, RD's been a bit of a dunce here.  That's not to say it's not an awesome episode so far, it is, but that's been bugging me.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of this episode. It's OK but I don't like the characterizations and I'm not a fan of Daring Do.

Edit- So it's over and I guess it was OK for a slice is life episode.

Edited by Nature's Spell

Well...I missed it. :( So I'll give my opinion on it after I check HaxMega's logs and go back to when the episode started. So at least I won't be THAT far behind...

I loved the episode, especially that her name was AK Yearling, obvious reference to JK Rowling. Also, many great faces that Rainbow Dash made, I loved seeing her around Daring Doo. The hug in the end was awesome and very cute, I loved the duck face Rainbow Dash made when she saw Daring Doo.

It was a good episode, I liked it.

• Brohoof 2

A good episode, I knew AK Yearling (obvious expy of JK Rowling) was daring do the moment I saw her on screen, which begs the question, why is she still a complete pallette swap of Dash? You would think that she would at least vary somewhat because I always thought she was a pallette swap due to Dash projecting on to the main character. Oh well. Good episode, not the best, but a good one.

• Brohoof 3

This...was...AWESOME! I seriously LOVED this episode from start to finish. The concept was fantastic and it was perfectly executed. It was great to see Rainbow Dash go complete fangirl and how it affected how she "helped". So far this season rivals season 2! The first four episodes were THAT amazing! Hell, I'm a guy and I'M going fangirl right now!

• Brohoof 2

This was so far the worst Season 4 episode in my opinion. However it was still pretty decent. However this whole scenario seemed a little fishy, why would these girls just look at DD fighting these bad guys and not do anything? Also how the author is DD and she goes on an Adventure with RD along seemed a little weird. But I guess this episode would've been over after 5 minutes if they would've helped so I guess it's okay.

Also I think this was the first villain to ever try to really kill a pony if I'm not mistaken? Sombra went for slavery but not killing itself.

I really think season 4 has gotten a little darker compared to the previous seasons but I really like it.

I'd give this episode a rating of 7/10. Good episode but the story was a little off like the characters (in my opinion at least)

• Brohoof 2

Well, I can't say that I loved this episode, and its my least favorite so far of the season so far, but I'd still say that the good episode streak continues. I can't really call it a bad episode, but its definitely below the par of the other episodes so far this season in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Ack! Completely missed it while caught up in something else. *twiddles fingers waiting for Youtube upload*

I'm already glad that an apparently one-shot character is returning for a second time. Seeing as they didn't do it with King Sombra.  >_>

Make sure you guys check out http://ponyship.tk to get the 1080p download once it's hosted there.

• Brohoof 1

Gut Feeling, Get the Hell out of here! *banishes to the moon*

Well, well, well. That had quite a few unexpected turn of events.

I honestly can't think of any better way to do this review other than giving away some spoilers, so I'll use the tag, because I'm nice like that...

AK YEARLING IS DARING DO?!? EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE BOOKS ARE REAL? Didn't see that one coming. If this was a tribute to JK Rowling at all then....

HARRY POTTER IS REAL!

or...maybe not...hehe

Anyways, I loved this episode. My only complaint is the pacing was messed up. They spent too much time setting the problem up, so they were forced to speed up the end a little too fast for my tastes. And IDK about you guys, but I don't see how would removing a ring from a spire would cause a whole temple-like structure to collapse...

And now we wait for all the Auizhotal (or however you spell it) fanmade stuff...in exactly 3...2...1....*watches dA blow up*

Anyways, for those of you that didn't read the contents of that^ Loved the episode. Great Job on this one Hasbro, or DHX...or whoever wrote it. >_>

Edited by MLP Heatwave