S04:E04 - Daring Don't  

425 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

A good and fun episode to watch.

I really like that RD's interests in the adventures of Daring Doo was not forgotten but build on instead. The name "A.K. Yearling" made me laugh. I was also very happy to see these typewriters again B) A lot of fun moments in here.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

I found it to be a very good episode. It just goes to show that RD is quite immature when it comes to other people's privacy and she let the hero worship go to her head, which is an accurate thing that happens for real. Daring Do is a good character, but I wish she wasn't just an RD recolor. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is the episode where Rainbow Dash learns not to stalk and harass your heroes. It's also where we learn that Daring Do is real, and that all her adventures are real. Kind of like if Indiana Jones was a real person. Feels kind of weird honestly, but I think it was the best they could've done to help Rainbow Dash learn things about herself. Our little Dashie does have kind of a hero complex, so getting to meet, and get dissed, by her own hero is a good way for her to learn that she matters. Interestingly, I think this episode could've also worked with Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, the same lesson would've been learned, but not by the same pony. The little adventure to get the idol back was fine, but mostly just a way for the plot to move forward.

7+0.5/10, bonus point for my favourite rainbow mare.

• 4 months later...