Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nothing.

Mlpfan185

That is MUCH cleaner. I don't think I can shift your voice into the role of Captain Jack, but I may have several other places. With a little coaching, you could be pretty good. I need to play with the parts, but I think you could certainly work for one of the characters coming to life in episode 2. They are also one of the mainstays of the show, so it is a lasting part.

Alright sweet. Do you have a Skype you want me to add?

Well, I never really take part in auditions so I guess here's mine. I did do this while on my 'Chuck' marathon so I kind've hyped so sorry for the cheesy lines and so on... heh

You are clipping like crazy, and you need a pop filter. That being said, how would you like to try out for Captain Jack?

Here are some lines. Be creative with the delivery.

Jack eventually falls off the Tardis (as denoted by sound effect) and lands in the Everfree, becoming impaled on a limb. There is an implied inability to breath, and constant coughing throughout this scene.

CJH: "DOCTOR! You're not getting away this time!"
^^ Fade Sound
^^ Loud Crash Through Trees and Grunt
^^ Birds Chirping / Forest Sounds / Light Grunts
^^ Deep Raspy Breath
CJH: "Wha... Whe..."
^^ Coughs Sound of branch twisting.
CJH: "Ughowwww!"
^^ Coughs
CJH: "I feel like I've been run thr... Woh that's a long way down."
^^ Coughs / Branch Twisting
CJH: "No use in hanging around here all day."
** CJH Attempts to roll of the branch he is perched on so that he may fall to the ground.
^^ Loud Branch Twisting Sound / Branch Snaps
^^ Loud Wet Thud
CJH: "UGHHHHHHH!"
^^ Ground Rustling Sounds
CJH: "Oh this is unbearable. Doctor, you're unbearable!"
CJH: "Sometimes I want to kiss him. But not today, today I want to kill him."
^^ Light, manticore roaring in the background.

I accidentally had the input gain a little higher than usual and yes I mean if you accidentally move it up a bit more, it makes a serious change. I'll try for the Jacky

for the first part, I was seeing if the cough would fit but imo, didn't work

Edited by Doctor Derpy

They are male, however, there are always parts for female VAs. Currently, Nurse Redheart is filled. However, you are certainly welcome to try out for Mane Goodall. She is a nurse at Poneyville General. Celestia is proving to be tricky (no suprise there), and I am sure that I will be forced to feature one or two of the main cast at some point. Also, I will not be able to avoid female background characters. So if you have an interest, please shoot us an audition.

I definitely will get to that. I can't now since it's late but I should be able to tomorrow. And if you happen to add Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy, I will definitely try out for those since people think I do their voices really good

So I tried one version of the voices I can make, And This is so far what I got, I can change my voice a Bit, A little lower or higher. This is actually a version of my singing voice... But I used it more as an example. We can work on it if it is not any good.

Actually I might retake this... That is if you want something more normal sounding.

Edited by TheSpawners

So I got a new headset, which worked fantastically for about a week. Then I forgot that I was wearing it when I was leaving my room and I accidentally yanked the wires from the jack... So, yeah. I really want to apply and be a part of this, but I have no way of recording my voice at this present moment.

Greetings,

I did a recording where I pretty much winged it from start to finish. 

No real preparations. And it's basically my normal voice, I am unsure if this is any better though, But at least it serves contrast if nothing else. 

Greetings,

I did a recording where I pretty much winged it from start to finish. 

No real preparations. And it's basically my normal voice, I am unsure if this is any better though, But at least it serves contrast if nothing else. 

Which program do you use to record?

Do you use the "noise removal" tool?  If not, record a moment of silence from 6-8 seconds.  go up to 'effect' and select noise removal.  Then, get noise profile, and use that to apply to anything you record during that moment.  If you're already doing that, I'm not sure what the hiss is.

Greetings, 

Program, I use Audacity as a software to record my audio.

And may I a Add you have a lovely voice.

Above is just a friendly tip if you're using audacity! It greatly helps both the clarity of your recordings and ease of mixing for the person putting together the voices.  If you're already doing this, great! If not, hope this helps!

And thank you for the complement :)

Above is just a friendly tip if you're using audacity! It greatly helps both the clarity of your recordings and ease of mixing for the person putting together the voices.  If you're already doing this, great! If not, hope this helps!

And thank you for the complement :)

Was there unclarity in the sound? I am asking honestly because I do not trust my hearing...

Was there unclarity in the sound? I am asking honestly because I do not trust my hearing...

Your largest problem was more than likely getting too close to the microphone, or it was picking up too much sound.  There was major clipping issues which made it hard to understand what you were saying.  This could be caused by having the microphone recording volume up too high.  In audacity, there should be a setting to adjust how loud your microphone is recording (usually in the top right corner) which can definitely help.  Also, the 'noise removal' tool is not as much for your own speaking quality (although it definitely helps) but rather for the noise in between the silences.  It GREATLY helps when you're putting together more than one recording from different people.  The noise removal isn't so much for you, but rather for the people who are making the project.

Your largest problem was more than likely getting too close to the microphone, or it was picking up too much sound.  There was major clipping issues which made it hard to understand what you were saying.  This could be caused by having the microphone recording volume up too high.  In audacity, there should be a setting to adjust how loud your microphone is recording (usually in the top right corner) which can definitely help.  Also, the 'noise removal' tool is not as much for your own speaking quality (although it definitely helps) but rather for the noise in between the silences.  It GREATLY helps when you're putting together more than one recording from different people.  The noise removal isn't so much for you, but rather for the people who are making the project.

I am almost certain that I did not have the recording volume up high, Because I experimented with it several times and it is actually kind of low right now. However, The problem might in that case be with my normalizing of the audio. I have not gotten accustomed to those settings yet. I wonder if I should try to use it better, or if I should just not tamper with the audio at all.

Also, after normalizing I did use Noice remover. Thank you for the advice, I shall refrain from Noice remover for the moment.

Is there any more information you could provide on the characters?  Some of the names are giveaways as to what sort of personality they might have (Bill Neigh is obviously a Bill Nye pony, Nurse Redheart is a nurse, etc.), but not all of them are obvious. Without knowing what your vision of the characters is and what you're looking for, it is more difficult to try and provide a voice that fits.

Also, is Night Light the same Night Light as Twilight Sparkle's dad? Thanks.