Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pink Skin: Possible Permanent Option?

Queen Cassie

I'm curious to see how many others would like to see the pink that has been placed on the forum skin today stick around as an option for forum users in the future. Personally I REALLY love the change of color and would like to set my display for the forum to this color permanently.

Devin McCourty is the one who prompted me to make this thread. So what do you all think? Good idea, or no? Also, Feld0, would this be a reasonable thing to do?

• Brohoof 8

An option to change the skin would be nice... It's hard enough to lurk at this forum without attracting weird glances from my friends. And now everything is pink Posted Image

If that's okay, sorry

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If it's not too difficult, I too wouldn't mind seeing the current theme as an optional pink theme in the future. If it's not too difficult.

Edited by King K. Roop LXI

I'm pretty confident that Feld0 could easily add this as an option within the "Change Theme" button, located at the bottom left of the forums. And since I'm the nice guy that I am, I will add a quick pic to show you the button I am talking about:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I could really go either way here...

Personally I prefer the old color, but the Pink is awesome.

And I'd hate to make Feld0 have tons of extra work making it an optional theme...

Decision: keep it pink as long as you want Feld0. Change it to something else when you want to. Then you can change it back to pink when you want to. Just do whatever.

Edited by Fghik

(edited)

I love the pink theme.

Why not go back to normal but keep the pink theme in "change theme" ? Pleeeease? :3

By the way, here's some random thing I made

Posted Image

Edited it a bit (Wanted to use the same font but I couldn't find it..)

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

I personally quite enjoy the pink theme here on MLP Forums at the moment and would love to see an option added for it under the 'Change Themes' section at the bottom.

I love the pink theme.

Why not go back to normal but keep the pink theme in "change theme" ? Pleeeease? :3

By the way, here's some random thing I made

Posted Image

Edited it a bit (Wanted to use the same font but I couldn't find it..)

I really like the idea of changing the green 'active' button to Purple, but I would personally like to see the 'wooden' replies banner as opposed to the bright pink one. I just find that it looks better that way. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm curious to see how many others would like to see the pink that has been placed on the forum skin today stick around as an option for forum users in the future. Personally I REALLY love the change of color and would like to set my display for the forum to this color permanently.

Devin McCourty is the one who prompted me to make this thread. So what do you all think? Good idea, or no? Also, Feld0, would this be a reasonable thing to do?

I prompted Kyronea to make a thread about one of my ideas? I feel special... :lol:

I'd love the option to select your own color scheme. Makes your profile a lot more unique, you know?

• Brohoof 3

Wow, I never expected you guys to love the pink so much. ~asdf~ reminded me that Pink Shirt Day was yesterday and suggested that I turn the forums pink for the day. I said yes, but I was in the middle of a late-night physics study session. The next day, I recoloured the forums in about 20 minutes during my lunch break... for a rush job, I'm surprised so many of you like it.

I could very easily add this as a separate skin - it's just a few extra lines of CSS code. But like the changes I made to the skin on Halloween, I like to keep "special editions" of the skin limited to the days that I actually made them for. I could leave the forums pink for the rest of the week if you like it this way so much, but this is supposed to be "MLP Forums - Pink Shirt Day Edition", not "MLP Forums - Pink Edition".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I could very easily add this as a separate skin - it's just a few extra lines of CSS code. But like the changes I made to the skin on Halloween, I like to keep "special editions" of the skin limited to the days that I actually made them for. I could leave the forums pink for the rest of the week if you like it this way so much, but this is supposed to be "MLP Forums - Pink Shirt Day Edition", not "MLP Forums - Pink Edition".

D:

"This is supposed to be "MLP Forums - Pink Shirt Day Edition", not "MLP Forums - Pink Edition"."

This makes me think about a lonely little site which was SUPPOSED to be a dating site.

Now it's the world's largest video sharing website. Yes, it's YouTube I talk about.

Feld0, everything doesn't need to become what it was supposed to. Just sayin' ...

If everypony almost everypony loves "MLP Forums - Pink Edition" then why not?

damn I feel rude for posting this.. :blush:

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

Wow, I never expected you guys to love the pink so much. ~asdf~ reminded me that Pink Shirt Day was yesterday and suggested that I turn the forums pink for the day. I said yes, but I was in the middle of a late-night physics study session. The next day, I recoloured the forums in about 20 minutes during my lunch break... for a rush job, I'm surprised so many of you like it.

As Jokuc points out, the popularity of the pink skin seems to be quite high, which argues in favor of it being kept on as a permanent option.

It is your decision, of course, and if you decide it's to be kept for a special day, then it's for a special day.

• Brohoof 1

Not to be the one not on the bandwagon D: but I'm not overly keen on -keeping- it.

It's nice having it as a one day thing. :3

Though to be fair, maybe having a set amount of themes to choose from [just basic colour changes like this one maybe?] to suit people's personal tastes? x3

Isopreferbluebuteveryonelikespinksoi'llshutupnow

• Brohoof 1

Keep it optional, Its fine, just a bit weird. We should be seasonal and change the color and themes with each coming season.