Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did the writers just give us the first "Rainbow Dash likes girls" implication?

Jammo

Chill out, man. Haven't you noticed the blinking eye emoticons? I'm tripping ya, this was a joke ;)

I take the whole idea of shipping RD with anypony or making her a lesbian with the grain of salt, an interesting joke and nothing more. An example of what bizarre ideas could the fans have sometimes. For me it's quite amusing to see, and comes out better in comparison with such horrible things as "Cupcakes".

P.S. Greetings for Serbian snipers ;)

Don't you dare mention RD & S&M in the same sentence or you will get a Serbian bullet in the head (jk)

The LesbianDash thing is too overrated. I hate when people say that, it makes me want to punch people in the balls

I can't see Rainbow Dash being lesbian. Maaaaybe Fluttershy, but only maybe. Twilight just goes 'buck love', AJ I really can't tell, Pinkie Pie is, well... Pinkie Pie. Rarity might be lesbian too, though probably not. Appledash? Just... no. I don't see AJ lesbian, though she also has the least amount of proof for anything else. I just can't imagine any of the Mane Six together. It just... I don't know. It doesn't feel right[note], like putting Bart with Marge, or Courier Six with Caesar/Oliver, or like Master Chief with Cortana (Don't even). It just isn't a good pair.

Note: I mean the pairs. I'm fine with homosexuality if you took that line wrong.

@@FNGRpony,
Rainbow isn't dumb, and what makes you even think that Daring would do something like that just because RD helped her out? It took a long time for Daring to even start to trust RD, it would take much, much longer for her to get to that level. 
And, nopony else here even mentioned.... pony sex... here. (it's so weird to say). It wasn't even part of the discussion. There was no need to bring it up.

@@FNGRpony,

Rainbow isn't dumb, and what makes you even think that Daring would do something like that just because RD helped her out? It took a long time for Daring to even start to trust RD, it would take much, much longer for her to get to that level. 

And, nopony else here even mentioned.... pony sex... here. (it's so weird to say). It wasn't even part of the discussion. There was no need to bring it up.

That's just the kind of posts he makes.

Don't take it too seriously.

But I gotta say, Rainbow was pretty freaking stupid for the majority of this episode.

Fan freakouts WILL make you dumb though, so it's not exactly unexpected.

• Brohoof 1

Don't you dare mention RD & S&M in the same sentence or you will get a Serbian bullet in the head (jk)

i *would* make a 'WW1 explained, kids!' joke, but I realized only I'd understand Edited by Applesack

i *would* make a 'WW1 explained, kids!' joke, but I realized only I'd understand...

Oh don't give me that BS about Serbia causing WW1, it was caused by Austria annexing Bosnia, then a part of Serbia. Gavrilo Princip was a member of a party called Young Bosnia. He shot the archduke in protest.

Oh don't give me that BS about Serbia causing WW1, it was caused by Austria annexing Bosnia, then a part of Serbia. Gavrilo Princip was a member of a party called Young Bosnia. He shot the archduke in protest.

*puts on tinfoil hat* moar plz

And this would matter because?.......

Most parents are completely against something like same sex relationships in a show their little girls watch. There are a few exceptions, of course, but there would be a massive drop in views from the actual target audience.

• Brohoof 1

I KNEW THAT FACE WAS GOING TO GET ATTENTION! XD

That aside, no, fans will do anything to interpret their own thoughts of what they think is cannon, and as usual, we have another face that will be well known along the fandom....  :lol:

Aj odjebi ljakse. Pozdravi kevu

'Aj fuck ljakse greeting kevu'

Seems legit

edit, used Serbian; A(J?)j ljakse fuck off. say hi to mom.

ljakse- peasant, derogatory, idiot

Butthurt much bro? It was a joke.

Edited by Applesack

@ & @: dudes, please, calm down. We don't want another WW1 here, do we? Remember that whenever two sides fight, there's always some third side which benefits from that. And such was probably the case with WW1, too. We can't know for sure, especially from Wikipedia, which for me is another propaganda medium, not much more reliable than the history books they quote. History is often written by the victors, not the victims, which could have another view on it. But this thread is not about the history, right? So let's get back to the subject.

Don't know why, but Dash's expression from this episode reminds me of this expression of Pinkie Pie:

PinkieWeirdExpression.jpg

It's from a fanmade animation called "Requiem For a Cider". I paste RD's expression again for comparison:

img-2091029-1-Dash_Mah_Gurl.jpg

I know they're not exactly the same, but... well... something makes me feel them quite similar. I don't know what it is.

Edited by SasQ

I think they will either make all six be stright or never mention relationships EVER.. imagine the backlash! It would just become a politcial battleground and MLP will be cancelled

Actually the only 'relationship' ever touched on was Twilight and Flash Sentry.. but not much else is known lol

I don't think so. But how cool would it be if a kids show actually had an openly gay character in it. Id choose someone a little more subtle though, the rainbow mane isn't exactly subtle.

I  vote Rarity for lesbian! Nothing says "you don't have be butch to like girls" and vice versa like making the show's most feminine character gay.

• Brohoof 2

I was speechless at first when I read your opening statement, and my initial offering as a rebuddle was this: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad:

The way I interpret it (and the way I believe it's meant to be interpreted), Rainbow Dash's reaction had to do how Daring Do made a joke (and a touche one at that) as to say that she wasn't going to give up the ring easily. It's hard for me to put that sort of reaction into words (although Rainbow Dash’s reaction may have meant to mean the same thing as if someone reacted to something similar by saying “touche”), but I didn't have a single hint that her reaction was meant to signify that she developed "serious" feelings for Daring Do (nor that she had become more likely to develop such feelings for any other mare).

Edited by Sholem Itzhak