Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did the writers just give us the first "Rainbow Dash likes girls" implication?

Jammo

That expression wasn't made at Daring but what she said to Ahuizotl. So I doubt that it was supposed to carry feelings toward Daring and serve as more of a reaction. I'm not even sure what I'd associate that expression with though but it's pretty awesome. I guess It's sort of a "Lets see how you handle that?"

Well, it wouldnt be the first time a cartoon (not anime) had an openly gay character. Batman the animated series (the original of this title, from the mid to late 90s) had Detective Montoya, who was a openly gay character. But she was a minor character. The writers of the show also went on record to say they had large implications that Poison Ivy and Harley where a off again and on again couple depending on what way HQ was swaying that week for Mr.J.

But this is rather old news, coverd by comics, online threads, and the writers themselves. It isnt really new, and to top that fact, the 90s was the hush hush age of gay..well...anything. This really broke the mold for later shows and "allowed" more fem/slash style animes to go mainstream in America.

Today is 2013, honestly, sexuality choice, racist behavior, and just plain old fashion forms of hate are dieing...quickly. Oh sure if you catch some guy call Obama the N-word you might get a few titles on a paper..for a few days. Or if a famous actress leaves her husband for another women you MIGHT raise an eye brow, but honestly people just..do not care.

If MLP was to take on a full time Lesbian OR Gay character, I really do not think many parents would burn the studio down over it. If anything the show would be praised for taken yet another leap into dark waters by not only the fans but the general public.

In the end the show will not have a gay or lesbian character just for the same reason one of the mane 6 get hitched up in a straight love affair...there is no room for those 6 girls to find love. Mr and Mrs Cakes, sure, its ok for them to be in love and married, why because they are c-tier. Big Mac and Cherry mama dating, sure, they are again lower on the reference guide. Twilight blushing over whats his name (i know it, but god what a chump) from EQgirls is just a story builder, a feeler, from the writers when the fans flat out rejected him the writers said "well so much for romance, lets just do subtle things and let the bronies work there little brains over it!"

And there you have it Shippers, if anything this could be counted as a cute little nod to us saying "gentlemen get your fics ready!!"

Romance is fine, but it KILLS cartoons...fast. Sadly.

This is a "Rainbow Dash likes girls" implication:

img-2097755-1-bhG0eN.gif

This is not:

img-2097755-2-Wu7yJIJ.png

Why cite an ambiguous facial expression when you can cite a two-mare snuggle that goes on for several seconds? :)

*cough*orfangirling*cough*
  • Brohoof 1