Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the most important thing in life?

Sig Hoovestrong

My mind might change on this in time, but for now, I think what matters immensely is to get as much happy fulfilment out of life as one can, without negatively interfering with other's quests to do the same. Kindness and love matters a ton too, of course, but I feel like a harmless, fun life kept to oneself still has value and meaning to it :)

Edited by Blue cheese

The Purpose to Life isn't any one thing. It's not happiness specifically, because if you depend too hard on others, on real, physical things that can be taken from you in an instant in some unforseen twist of fate, that only leads you to a higher crash. It's not what you have that's important. I suppose the question that leads to answer that question is: What is Real?  What do you still have once the object is taken away?

Sure, your friends, family, fame, fortune, attributes & accomplishments are things that can make you happy, but once time takes its toll and you forget or move on, what do you still have?

Your feelings. Your emotions are what weigh you down or push you forward. They are what makes a memory last even longer through hatred or from joy. It isn't just happiness that you should be pursuing. That which has pushed you down or cut you has only given you more experiences & life to cope with. Pain is life's way of reminding you that you're still alive. If we lived in a world without shadows, how could we appreciate the Light? How you Feel is eternal.

Our experiences are what gives us life, what changes us for better or for ill and enables us to go out there and experience more which only changes us further. Those we loved who have died on us or simply left us will always remain in our spirit as memories, as a part of us.

It's not how one lives life, its how one accepts their life. I wouldn't ever give up my scars, its what's holding me together.

I feel that the only thing worse than Death (and death is by no means either an escape or an end.) is for any being to be deprived of the capacity to Feel.

• Brohoof 1

Didn't Monty Python make a movie about this?

Anyway, I think the most important thing in life is life's moments. Regardless if they're precious or not-so-much so, they happen. We all have to sit back and appreciate everything life has to offer in those moments. We only get one life to live. Don't waste life's moments.

-Life is one of them

-Having the ones that are close to you

-Having respect towards others and yourself

-Having care for the ones close to you and yourself.

-Lastly being able to eat and drink (I don't drink or smoke. Just wanted to point that out.)

Minion:.....

What! Just get back to your position. *sigh* 

Since I last posted here 3 years ago, I've had a decent amount of life experience (trust me, the last 3 years have seen a lot go to pass...)

What's really the most important in life are fulfillment as well as happiness, by whatever method.

• Brohoof 1

Perseverance, I think. You go out and build the relationships you want, you work for the job you want, you hustle for the lifestyle of your dreams, and if by chance you're one of those people who seriously consider ending it all, a mindset of perseverance gives you the chance to see what's wrong and make it better.

It worked for me.

• Brohoof 1

Love and family (which go hand in hand), money ( I know that sounds awful, but it comes in handy), time (there never seems to be enough of it) and art in any form (humanity needs it more than  most people seem to realize).  

• Brohoof 1

I have a couple things that are very important to me .biggest one being My relationship with God/Jesus, My family, friends, but also staying true to yourself and never losing the sight on what is important to you!

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna try to encapsulate all of the above into "Ambition", or "hope".

What's most important is different to each person, but if you lack the ambition or audacity to achieve what you hope for or hold on to it, then what do you have, really?

disregarding the obvious things required to actually stay alive
i'd have to say companionship is the most important thing for me, constant healthy communication is paramount to keep me in a happy state of mind ^D^

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

It's almost a draw between family and friendship. I think having supportive people around you is key to success. When life takes a nosedive, it's always great to have someone there to lift you up and give some motivation. 

• 1 year later...