Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the internet didn't exist, what would you be doing right now?

jackleapp81

I'd probably read a lot more books. Maybe spend some more time with my family. I would also play and watch a lot more crappy videogames and movies without the existence of professional review websites. 

What about you guys? If the internet didn't exist, what do you think you'd be doing right now? Do you think your view of the world might be significantly different if the internet never existed at all?

Edited by jackleapp81

Lift weights and have sex.

Or play video games and I would probably read a bit, you know to be honest I can live without the internet. Only thing I would miss is the ability to speak to most of you. Also, I would probably just be having fun with cars and just drive around town. There are plenty of activities that don't need the internet.

• Brohoof 1

I would probably be reading....or doing crossword puzzles....It's extremely boring at work without the internet....

Otherwise, I'd do what I'd normally do throughout the day....I don't have internet at home, so I'd be fairly content if it never existed.........wait...

but then I'd never know about this show!!!!

shocked_fluttershy_by_sirspikensons-d4ve

• Brohoof 5

probably going out of my house, having a life. 

also, i would be working a whole lot more. and probably studied waaaay more.

actually, i would be going to the gym more then the 1 time a week i do now, and i would probably live a lot healthier.

man, my life looks so wonderfull without internet XD

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 4

hmm a world with no internet? sounds aweful but then again Equestria doesn't seem to have internet, Honestly if there was no internet in this world I would probably be sitting in a library right now reading a book like I used to

• Brohoof 1

Well if I were back in Houston I'd be reading books like I always do and visit the library frequently. 

Now since I'm in El Salvador right now and all my books got left behind AND THERE IS NO LIBRARY if the internet didn't exist I'D DIE!!

I don't have any friends here since school is out and here kids have winter vacation, my mom doesn't let me go outside except with her so I'm stuck in the house 24/7. To be honest, the internet is my only social life :( So if it didn't exist I don't know how I would be right now -_-

• Brohoof 1

my friend post-1052-0-26228600-1366066675.gif

idk I suppose I would watch a lot of more movies?

And hang out with friends more...cause I'm not really doing that a lot now xD

Edited by Jokuc

Video Games, lots of video games, working on models, books, movies, rooting through the shit-ton of blank tapes I filled up with random TV as a kid. 

I'm thankful for the net though, since I'm a bit introverted in real life it's my main form of socializing. I only have a couple friends in real life and I only really see one of them regularly. 

Spontaneously I would say, I would read more and watch more movies and play more games. But there would be tons of games I wouldn' even know. I wouldn't know about many movies and many books. So I think I'd end up watching, reading and playing those things I'd know of and then.. it would be boring. And I'd watch TV the whole day. Or go to partys, because I wouldn't have anything better to do and just.. yea... go with my 'friends' without having fun. :/

To be honest you could say, what would I do, if I hadn't met my best friend. Because she was the one tossing me into the internet stuff and through her I met my REAL friends.

Well I'd never have met my boyfriend... So that would be pretty depressing... I would probably have never found out about MLP... Or be able to watch shows I miss on TV... Lots of things would be different... I would probably manage... Since if I didn't have Internet in the first place I wouldn't know what it's like to live with it... Also I'd probably take a lot less pictures...

• Brohoof 1

I'd be studying for finals... >_>

Oh well, I already know all of the stuff that's going to be all the tests. The key to me not failing is me not failing.

Other than that, I'd be erm...I have no idea. Writing or something. I'd also be 10x more lonely. My closest relationship is one of my Skype contacts.

I'd probably be putting more attention on schoolwork. Information of interest would be much harder to find so I most likely wouldn't be nearly as savvy as I am now. Pretty sure I'd be much more lonely since social withdrawal is pretty much my first response to the douchebaggery around me.

Well, i'd be playing video games without fear of stupid microtransactions ruining everything. And not having to ruin about random patches rendering games unplayable until I download them.

I'd be reading and writing with pen and paper.

I probably wouldn't be taking medication for depression thanks to my cow of an ex, since I met her over the internet.

I'd still be playing footy and tag outside (Assuming my other mates would do the same too) and be a lot healthier like I was back in the day. I'd probably be lonelier once everyone pops in for tea, but that's no nevermind to me.

I'd be going downtown a lot more, which means i'd probably be skint. I might have had a job by now.

I wouldn't waste hours by getting lost inside TVTropes. I went in once and almost didn't come out alive.

I'd be inventing the Internet  :fiery:

But seriously: Internet is just a library on steroids, but with lots of funny cat photos and weird things.

So I'd probably sit in a library, with a cat on my laps, and something weird on my desk ;)

There are days when my Internet connection goes down, and you know what? I noticed that these are my most productive moments in my life. Because I can then focus on doing things which could be done only without checking the Internet all the time, and solely on my own special talents. I need to focus on what I know, and what I can do myself.

Edit: A joke from Polish counterpart of bash.org :

<chaos> In North Korea they earn about 2900 PLN per year.
<chaos> Nice option: to live in there and to work in Poland.
<chaos> But it would be quite hard to commute.

<hudziel> But there are no Internet and human rights.
<hudziel> What a nightmare...
<hudziel> How to live without the Internet?

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

If you can't live without the internet, then you might have problems. No offense.

But in that case, just try to find something else to do, like playing video games, watching T.V., sleeping, or just about anything else you like to do when your bored.

Luckily, I now know how to live without the internet, so I'd be pretty relaxed and cool about it.