Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the internet didn't exist, what would you be doing right now?

jackleapp81

Well if I were back in Houston I'd be reading books like I always do and visit the library frequently. 

Now since I'm in El Salvador right now and all my books got left behind AND THERE IS NO LIBRARY if the internet didn't exist I'D DIE!!

I don't have any friends here since school is out and here kids have winter vacation, my mom doesn't let me go outside except with her so I'm stuck in the house 24/7. To be honest, the internet is my only social life :( So if it didn't exist I don't know how I would be right now -_-

^That sounds really rough Misty Pie. :(

As for me, if the internet didn't exist, I'm pretty sure I would be a lot more depressed, as well as extremely anti-social. I'd probably spend a lot more time reading and studying for school. I'd probably just endlessly read, study, and excel academically to the point where it would literally make up all that I am. Through it all, I'd be really empty inside, and everything just wouldn't feel right.

My life has already been troubling enough... and in a way, discovering this site and this whole fandom saved me. :)

And what's really depressing is that without the internet I would have never been able to meet you Misty Pie. I would have never had the wonderful experience of being in this beautiful relationship with you. :(

Well I'd never have met my boyfriend... So that would be pretty depressing... I would probably have never found out about MLP... Or be able to watch shows I miss on TV... Lots of things would be different... I would probably manage... Since if I didn't have Internet in the first place I wouldn't know what it's like to live with it...

^I would probably feel the same way, as depressing as the whole scenario sounds, if the internet never existed, how would I even know the feeling of being without it?

^That sounds really rough Misty Pie. :(

As for me, if the internet didn't exist, I'm pretty sure I would be a lot more depressed, as well as extremely anti-social. I'd probably spend a lot more time reading and studying for school. I'd probably just endlessly read, study, and excel academically to the point where it would literally make up all that I am. Through it all, I'd be really empty inside, and everything just wouldn't feel right.

My life has already been troubling enough... and in a way, discovering this site and this whole fandom saved me. :)

And what's really depressing is that without the internet I would have never been able to meet you Misty Pie. I would have never had the wonderful experience of being in this beautiful relationship with you. :(

^I would probably feel the same way, as depressing as the whole scenario sounds, if the internet never existed, how would I even know the feeling of being without it?

I'd be the same. I'd just have my friends at school but then be locked up in my anti social life during the summer :( I found this site during the summer and it saved me from immense boredom and gave me something to look forward to each day.

It also gave me the best boyfriend ever. I never would have met you without the internet Sanderspie ;)

• Brohoof 1

RAGEQUIT

... Implying the internet NEVER existed, though, I'd probably still be a self-centered jerk who plays video games all day. Thanks, but I think I'll stay the somewhat-self-centered goodie-two-shoes who plays vudeo games all day and actually has friends~

I'd be ok with it. I'd still be playing classic consoles and my friends would have to go out with me to get stuff instead of being hermits.

I'd miss having online friends but theres always good'ol fashioned mail.

I'm so old, I can remember what life was like before the Internet.  :lol: If it didn't exist, I'd probably just resume doing what I did back then. I'd read some books, listen to cassettes, watch something I recorded on VHS, play games on my Commodore 64, and call a friend on my old fashioned wired telephone with a dial. :D

When I really got bored, I'd probably draw some fanart http://switchpoint.deviantart.com/art/Chipmunks-Comic-Page-6-23846529 of a popular cartoon: Too bad Deviantart didn't exist back then. At the time, I had no way to know how many more people were making that kind of stuff.  :P

Sorry, are you suggesting that we have today's technology except for the Internet or are we back in the '80s? :huh:

Lift weights and have sex.

Both sounds pretty good to me especially the second one, just how often are you getting laid that you can say that so casually? 

I guess what I would do if the internet didn't exist would be video games, TV and reading which are things I tend to do already except I would do them a bit more with the extra time. I have made a decision recently at work that will give me a better schedule if all works out and a weight lifting program is of course one of the things I plan on doing with that time and once things fall a bit more into place maybe start dating which is something for a long list of reasons just haven't had much of a chance to do so I might be DOING the second thing as well. Joking aside though I need to lose this gut I have and weight lifting along with some cardio is a great way to do that and getting laid is just one of many things I am looking for in a relationship.

• Brohoof 1

Life would certainly be different for me without the Internet. My life practically revolves around it, and I'm not just talking about using it for fun. I also use the Internet for business both at home and at work. So if there was no Internet, many things would be a lot less convenient like they are now which includes searching for information on a multitude of subjects. Sure, I could probably go to a library to obtain this information, but as I said— convenience and efficiency of obtaining information. My job would be different, as it does require the usage of the Internet in a variety of ways. It would probably still be there, but it wouldn't be nearly as convenient to complete certain tasks.

As far as casual activities are concerned, I'd probably be more "addicted" to TV than the Internet instead. Just a different type of media really. Before I even had a computer, which would be over 15 years ago now, TV was the thing I was hooked on. TV, movies, video games, and going outside (gasp!) to play (I still do that today, I call it mountain biking ;) ).

So as for this moment I'd probably just be sitting in front of a different screen— TV instead of a computer. I must unwind after working somehow, and I choose the Internet. Without it, TV would come in second for me.

I'd probably also have a very different view of the world, in both a good way and a bad. The Internet provides valuable insight into other cultures and people, but as all of us avid Internet users know, it also shows the dark side of many people. Many things that I wouldn't have probably even imagined with only encountering people in real-life. Hooray for Internet? :P

Both sounds pretty good to me especially the second one, just how often are you getting laid that you can say that so casually? 

I guess what I would do if the internet didn't exist would be video games, TV and reading which are things I tend to do already except I would do them a bit more with the extra time. I have made a decision recently at work that will give me a better schedule if all works out and a weight lifting program is of course one of the things I plan on doing with that time and once things fall a bit more into place maybe start dating which is something for a long list of reasons just haven't had much of a chance to do so I might be DOING the second thing as well. Joking aside though I need to lose this gut I have and weight lifting along with some cardio is a great way to do that and getting laid is just one of many things I am looking for in a relationship.

Because of Internet I don't get laid, I could I just don't do it. Same actually goes for weightlifting, don't do it all that much. Which means without the Internet I would be better built and therefore more confident and confidence means you get laid, well most of the time. So that's why I would probably spend my time on getting laid. Also, mostly just because I thought it was funny to begin my post with it, most teenagers spend their time lifting and getting laid, I'm not really like that.

By Celestia...I'd have a life!!

tumblr_m1f6sdZgsh1rripibo1_500.gif

But while what I said above is perfectly true, even more true, is that my life would actually consist of how it used to be when I was younger. I never really knew of the Internet until I got an IPad for my own personal use to spend hours on end on. Course I had been on the Internet before that, but did I like the Internet at the time? Not really. The first site that I joined was on my device. The first youtube channel I got addicted to was on my device. The first time I talked to someone via online was on this device. The first time for everything was quite literally on this device. So, if the Internet didn't exist, well it wouldn't have changed much. What changed me was this device. Really if I had never gotten this device I wouldn't have been on the Internet ever, so I wouldn't have changed. But, to get to the point, I'd obviously be more social. I probably wouldn't have come out of my severe shyness for girls. I would feel lonely (or lonelier). I wouldn't have ever found out about a fandom for a video game, TV Show, etc. and gotten to be apart of them. Basically everything that has made me who I am today would be gone. The only thing that would be the same about me is my heart. The kind and respecting person I am.

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 1

Books would honestly become the dominant force in my life, though it is worth mentioning that I already hold a high regard for them, and I would probably shy away from art a lot more and turn to writing to fill the time.  I spend a lot of my time on the internet as I work on my digital art, so without the internet I can't imagine thinking of digital art as an acceptable medium.  Would network connections still exist because if not I can't imagine digital art surviving.

But yeah, I am a storyteller first and foremost so writing would become my medium of expression.  

This is a really good question and one I probably don't ask myself enough.

It is kind of disturbing how I open up my laptop when I get home from doing whatever it is I was doing, like muscle memory. I don't even stop and think what else I could be doing.

I suppose I am an addict, has anyone had any luck logging their internet usage daily or weekly so they can potentially cut back?

As per the OP question, right now its 3:00 am so hopefully sleeping. Maybe I will ask myself again tomorrow at a normal hour.

1. Scouring a dark, obscure corner of the library marked "Forbidden Section", where a professor's permission is required to check out any book...and subsequently checking out an entire stack.

2. Running. Over the mountains. And through the forests.

3. Your mom.