Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the internet didn't exist, what would you be doing right now?

jackleapp81

Sleeping. Video games. Consumed in fantasy and fiction. Or dead. One of those four.

Yeah, that last one is a bit dark. If it weren't for the internet, I might have, quite honestly, committed suicide by now. It's a possibility. Sorry to be the downer of this thread and all, but! You know, being a friendless recluse with no way of communicating with others, no way to get away from a horrid family that is useless for helping me with my mental problems, and little support system from some rather crippling depression and or mental issues... yeah. The internet really takes you out of that, it is a beautiful thing that lets you reach out to anyone, anywhere.

Of course, I might've gotten my therapist anyway and would be still alive, though likely my progress would be cut WAY back without internet, friends to make and lose, and all the lessons I've learned. My entire social life has basically been online up until recently (though most of it still is here). Making the best friends I've ever had there and having a big help/support system for my mental issues, finding love and bringing it to my real life... (my boyfriend) I simply would not be the same person at all. And I don't want to even begin to think about it.

Oh yeah, and I wouldn't have a job either. (I got mine through many random applications via online to many places) My parents wouldn't drive me very often to get job applications because they hate leaving the house two inches away from it. So I wouldn't be working, or at college. (Due to being too timid to figure out how to get to it and having generally unhelpful and essentially non-parental figures)

I know, it's pretty damn important to me. It's more than just browsing around and playing some silly internet games. Not in an obsessive manner, 'cause I know when it's time to put the computer down. I knew it back then too and my therapist never acknowledged my consistent computer usage as an addiction anyway. Just that, I mean, it feels like a place where I am truly at home. Much more than my family home.

So glad it does exist. I don't take a moment of it for granted, that's for sure.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I would be inventing the internet.

This ^

The world would be a much different place without the internet, and we wouldn't be nearly as connected to the goings on in the world as we are now. Sure there are downsides to it, but the sheer potential the internet has alone is worth its faults. I would absolutely be trying to help invent it if it hadn't already been made. 

I'd probably be doing something outside right about now, perhaps taking a walk or drawing still life. 

Or...more realistically, I'd be in the library with stacks of journals and books for my thesis since I wouldn't be able to do any online research. -_-

Edited by Quartzy

As of right now. I would be fast asleep since it is 1:00am haha. But I would be a whole different person in my opinion. Heck, I dont even know if I would even be a brony infact. It's the internet that showed me the show in the first place anyways. But mostly, I think I would be more of a happier person if the internet never came about tbh... I would be out a lot more rather parked in front of a screen. Not to say that I am all the time but hey, just saying I would be out a lot more.

Would probably sleep a lot more

Play a lot more games

Be outside a lot more

Probably have more friends, though I still have enough friends already

Probably would have a part time job

Be studying more (high school not college)

Be a little more healthy

But also never discover MLP so yeah

Lol but really I wouldn't live without internet!

I can't imagine, honestly. I'd probably work on inventing it :D

The internet is the biggest culmination of humanity's knowledge. Beyond the hours of entertainment it has provided, the sheer enlightenment i have gained web surfing is much greater than what i could attain from books, articles, etc. The quick, easy to use, detailed knowledge provided today through the web is much easier to absorb than sifting through outdated tomes looking for information.

Resume reading novels/stories that I have yet to finish for the time being.  In this case, The Witcher novel series by Andrzej Sapkowski.  Or hanging out with like, my one or two friends in person, I suppose. Haha.

Edited by AmarisNsane