Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Broken World: Equestria

Firestorm

http://mlpforums.com/topic/8310-summer-sunrise/page__pid__184729#entry184729

^Disregard the backstory, that backstory was for a "regular" rp, and not a postapocalyptic one.

Skills-

Strength: 4

Endurance: 4

Intelligence: 7(+3)

Agility: 6

Charisma: 9(+4)

Dexterity: 9(+3)

Luck: 4

Skills

Alchemy: 22(+7)

Armor: 15

Barter: 15

Chemical Weapon: 15

Crafting: 23(+8)

Demolitions: 15

Electronics: 15

Energy Weapon: 15

Explosive Weapon: 15

Flight: 20(+5)

Kinetic Weapon: 15

Mechanical: 15

Medicine: 25 (+10)

Melee Weapon: 15

Pilot: 15

Repair: 15

Security: 15

Sneak: 15

Spot: 15

Speech: 15

Throwing: 15

Unarmed: 15

Oh I almost forgot. My character's backstory in the description is also not suited to post appocolyptic. so for all intensive purpose he's got a "mysterious" past.

(edited)

Righto.

Alrighty, here is the list of abilities that players will get once they level every two times. Note: this isn't complete yet. More will be added along the way.

Abilities

Purity First: +25 damage against augmented enemies

Anti-Bot: +25 damage against robotic enemies

Myth Buster: +25 damage against mythical enemies

Mutant Hunter: +25 damage against mutants and alicorns

The Imperialist: +25 damage against raiders, mercenaries and non-pony enemies

Pony Inquisition: +25 damage to cultists

Resistance Fighter: +25 damage to Hierarchy, Brotherhood, Legions and NCG

Too Much Blood: +100 Max HP

Twenty Percent Cooler: Wearing fancy clothes give you a 20% increase in Charisma

Sorcerer's Apprentice: +2 to all magic schools (Restoration, Destruction, Alteration, Illusion, Enchanting, Necromancy)

Steady Aim: Ranged weapons are 35% more accurate

Improved Critical: Critical hits do 2x damage

Marked For Death: Players have 50% chance of scoring a critical hit on targets they mark

Backstabber: Hitting enemies in the back deals 3x damage

Light Hoof: Moving slowly will not trigger proximity weapons and mines

Quick Learner: Players gain 10% more EXP

Sleight of Hoof: Players have +25% chance of a successful pickpocket attempt

Buck You: Bucking enemies deal +30 damage and 10% chance for a knockback

Battle Couple: You and your special somepony will gain +2 Strength and Endurance when together (encouraging shipping)

Rallying Cry: Companions gain +3 Strength and Endurance during combat (does not stack if more than one Rallying Cry is in effect)

Cannibalism: Eat dead bodies to restore health (may cause others to go hostile against you if you do it in public)

Patient Hunter: Players gain +10 Spot when standing still

Internal Purifier: M-Rad levels in the body will slowly decrease overtime

Edited by Firestorm

Yeah, it's meant to be funny.

Ok, I seriously am confused with the dice system. I'm still not getting the hang of it and I'm no D&D player before.

Is there a better way to take skills, stats and abilities into account and use it in the game? rules of combat?

As requested by FireStorm, I'm drawing up the battle rules. Feel free to make changes.

Battles start with initiative, to see who goes first. Characters who are surprised lose their first turn. For example, in a party of five, if one character wanders from the group and is ambushed, he would be surprised and lose his first turn. If the other four were not expecting it either, they'd also be surprised. But if one of them noticed what was going on, he'd keep the initiative and roll with the ambushers to determine who would go first. Highest rolls go first in terms of turns, and that order is kept until the end of the battle.

The battle phase is separated into two actual phases. Move phase and Action phase. You can give up your action phase to move twice, but NOT the other way around. No acting twice. Both phases have five "points" that replenish every turn. Certain actions require more points than others (charging at a foe requires more than dodging to one side), and if you exhaust your points, that part of your turn is over. Once you've exhausted both phases, your turn is over. Action covers anything that is not movement, including attacks. Some ponies may have more points than others for the battle, if they have modifiers. For example, a paralyzed pony would suffer severe reduction in both move and action points.

Battles themselves are calculated by rolling a dice for the attacker and defender. Armor boosts the defender's chance of blocking, but does NOT reduce damage. If the defender's roll (plus modifiers) beats the attacker's roll (plus modifiers), the defenderblocks/dodges/whatever succesfully. If the attacker's roll is higher, he has scored a hit. Hit damage is then rolled, damage dependent on the weapon the attacker is using.

If a character is reduced to zero hitpoints, he is knocked out. A character reduced to -10 is KILLED. Please keep an eye on your teammates to make sure they don't die! For the sake of fairness, monsters will not attack a fainted character unless there is a strong reason to-they will opt for still-standing members instead.

Battle effects, such as a sapping wound that does 1 damage every turn, are applied before the start of each full turn.

• Brohoof 1

I'm guessing Nidal probably is stuck until Eldar does something? Either gives her the gun or refuses. Or can I take it when I see that he's not using it even when fighting is going on?

(edited)

Ok, so what is it that you wanted to clarify about the stats, Linguz? Any other question that needs clarifications, ask away.

Edited by Firestorm

Uhh, the biggest question I have is what Nidal saw. She's up in the air right now, looking around. She's been there since the scorpions died.

Oh, and how does weapon skill attribute to the rolls? I saw that in the magic one, it was multiplied in after adding 1 to it (66*1.25=82.5) but during all the other ones, there was no multiplier.

^I derped on that one. Meant to do it for all magic rolls, since according to the thingy the magic skill influences attack. Strong Hooves did a melee attack, and I should have added a +0.15 bonus for unarmed to that. My bad guys >.< but it still doesn't change any of the rolls, thankfully.

And yes, it does mean chars get an advantage over monsters in terms of accuracy. Other "humanoids", or in this case "Ponyaniods", will have modifiers as well, though.

( guys. I am very sad to say this, but I need to now pull out of every RP I am in... You will not be seeing me anymore as my parents are forcing me to delete my profile. I will be making a post in Everfree forest tomorrow with more details. But as of now this is the official goodbye to all of my RP friends that's I have come to make on here. I am proud to have been a member on this forum, and I hope that someday in the future I will once again be able to come back... Goodbye everypony, I will miss you all)

( guys. I am very sad to say this, but I need to now pull out of every RP I am in... You will not be seeing me anymore as my parents are forcing me to delete my profile. I will be making a post in Everfree forest tomorrow with more details. But as of now this is the official goodbye to all of my RP friends that's I have come to make on here. I am proud to have been a member on this forum, and I hope that someday in the future I will once again be able to come back... Goodbye everypony, I will miss you all)

(Holy crap, what the ef? Explain!!! We'll miss you! :()

((Aw, and we were having so much fun :(. Nevertheless, I will continue looking forward to your return. Farewell (for now), my friend.))

Don't think I have to say much on this - no exclusively OOC posts in the RP thread. Moved.

How do I sign up and get a character?

You make your character in the character creation forum. Finish that thread and post it, then copy the link and paste it here. If Firestorm says it's okay, he'll approve it. (Hint: Don't use alicorns)

You can take a look at the other characters in the forum to see the template structure you should use.