Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rinkitty

I noticed that I had yet to draw any of the Mane 6, so I thought I'd start with my personal favorite, Twilight.

Take a look~

post-20014-0-86693400-1386736030_thumb.jpg

I was messing around with different poses, trying to get better at drawing ponies at different angles, so if you see any problems with perspective or proportion or both, tell me straight up, m'kay? I think it turned out okay. It kinda looks like she's on a slanted surface, which was not what I was going for ' ~ '

Other than that, I'm fairly happy with the results.

Anyways, I'm not sure what else to say, so critique away! ^-^

Edited by Rinkitty
  • Brohoof 11

Jesus christ. I love the mane and the eyes. You pulled that off pretty no "extremely" well in my absorbing eyes xD

But I think the front hooves are kind of bent at a weird angle. The back ones look fine though ^-^

Other than that it is a pleasure to gaze upon :D

• Brohoof 1

Jesus christ. I love the mane and the eyes. You pulled that off pretty no "extremely" well in my absorbing eyes xD

But I think the front hooves are kind of bent at a weird angle. The back ones look fine though ^-^

Other than that it is a pleasure to gaze upon :D

Yeah, the front hooves were bothering me. I wasn't quite sure how to fix them, and I had already drawn over them with thicker strokes, so erasing them would be a pain > ^ <

I do also enjoy the eyes. She looks like she wants to play ^o^

Anyways, thanks for the reply~!!

• Brohoof 1

I noticed that I had yet to draw any of the Mane 6, so I thought I'd start with my personal favorite, Twilight.

Take a look~

attachicon.gifLounging Twilight.jpg

I was messing around with different poses, trying to get better at drawing ponies at different angles, so if you see any problems with perspective or proportion or both, tell me straight up, m'kay? I think it turned out okay. It kinda looks like she's on a slanted surface, which was not what I was going for ' ~ '

Other than that, I'm fairly happy with the results.

Anyways, I'm not sure what else to say, so critique away! ^-^

Really quite splended my friend! I love the mane, and the tail is just fantastic! I espeically like the look on her face.

The only thing I would change is the shape of her flank, it's alittle up there, and big in my opion. More of a smoothier butt next time.

9.9/10.Great job!

• Brohoof 1

Another very well done drawing, you're talented indeed. I like the somewhat seductive look and pose only critque i have is the legs look a lil disproportioned but otherwise very good <3

• Brohoof 1

Really quite splended my friend! I love the mane, and the tail is just fantastic! I espeically like the look on her face.

The only thing I would change is the shape of her flank, it's alittle up there, and big in my opion. More of a smoothier butt next time.

9.9/10.Great job!

I like her butt ' ~ '

Thanks for the feedback~! I may do something different with her captain's quarters next time, but no promises :derp:

• Brohoof 1

I like her butt ' ~ ' Thanks for the feedback~! I may do something different with her captain's quarters next time, but no promises :derp:

Hm...now that I think of it it's more of the angle she's drawn in. Leave the butt, the way that she's drawn (not straight more tilted) kind of confused me.  I like it though again!

Hm...now that I think of it it's more of the angle she's drawn in. Leave the butt, the way that she's drawn (not straight more tilted) kind of confused me.  I like it though again!

Yeah, it even confuses me too. She's meant to be lying slightly on her side. It's kinda hard to see that the way she's drawn.

Edited by Rinkitty
  • Brohoof 1

Dat expression... :3 I must admit, you did a great job on the butt. xD

Only thing I don't like is the front hooves as other people has mentioned... Other than that, it's a really great drawing! So many talented people here! :DD I hope to see more soon!

• Brohoof 1

Dat expression... :3 I must admit, you did a great job on the butt. xD

Only thing I don't like is the front hooves as other people has mentioned... Other than that, it's a really great drawing! So many talented people here! :DD I hope to see more soon!

Thank you~!

I'll definitely be drawing more ponies after this. Some that I can't post here x3 I already have an idea for a sexy AJ :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Shes my favorite because shes cute adorable and eggheady :3 can't go wrong with eggheady.....what if Twilight had cute glasses :3

She's my favorite for the same reasons, but also because she's a lunatic  :derp:

I think my next drawing of her, she'll be wearing glasses while studying ^-^

She's my favorite for the same reasons, but also because she's a lunatic  :derp:

I think my next drawing of her, she'll be wearing glasses while studying ^-^

xD Crazy Twilight is adorable she looks so cute with a messy mane :3

I completely forgot the second thing I was going to put here...

• Brohoof 1

Lovely, lovely, lovely.  :D

I'm not really capable at offering decent criticism of this stuff, so I'm just going to reiterate what's already been said: The pose is very odd. Might have something to do with the placement of the hind legs. But overall, she looks adorable.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.  :D

I'm not really capable at offering decent criticism of this stuff, so I'm just going to reiterate what's already been said: The pose is very odd. Might have something to do with the placement of the hind legs. But overall, she looks adorable.

I believe it's the front legs that are oddly placed. Perhaps it's both...

Anyways, that's for the feedback~ ^-^

Torso is nicely done, good job n the back detail, hindlegs a bit awkward, though this is pretty common with putting mlp anatomy in this pose.

-Eyes are slightly dered and highlights don't match

-frontlegs out of proportion (ellbow joints should sit about the heights of body underside)

-horn is off center

-tail is currently defying gravity

-upper edge of the bangs should be angular, bot rounded

Torso is nicely done, good job n the back detail, hindlegs a bit awkward, though this is pretty common with putting mlp anatomy in this pose.

-Eyes are slightly dered and highlights don't match

-frontlegs out of proportion (ellbow joints should sit about the heights of body underside)

-horn is off center

-tail is currently defying gravity

-upper edge of the bangs should be angular, bot rounded

I didn't notice that I messed up the eye highlights....

-As for the tail, she's holding it there. Y'know. Animals can move their tails...

-I'm aware the legs are a bit out of whack. There's nothing I can do now except try and do better next time.

-I fail to see the problem with the horn.

-The bangs are how chose to draw them, not how the MLP animators draw them.

I'm trying out new poses that I've never drawn before without looking at a reference. I know I made some mistakes, and I'll try not to make so many next time.

Thanks for the feedback~

-

Edited by Rinkitty

Well according to snout, eyes and ears Twilight is more or less facing us, yet the horn points off to the side.

True. I guess the horn should also be facing us too, but let's just say her head is at a slight angle.... :derp:

I'm going to re-draw this one day. I'll keep this stuff in mind

P.S. I've always been better with tree dimensional spaces. It's hard to get the perspective right when drawing in only 2 dimensions. Well, for me anyways.

Edited by Rinkitty