Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

6 year old boy suspended from school for sexual harassment.

Mywas

true but where to start lol?

It is not so much that that concerns me, I have watched plenty of things with graphic sex or violence and I am fine but do think that parents need to be slapped for letting their young kids see that stuff. Entertainment has seriously gone down the toilet though, it is either full of propaganda, dumbed down to the point where it appeals to the lowest common denominator like "reality shows" for example or just uses sex and violence for its own sake without even bothering to try to tell a compelling and interesting story.

It is not so much that that concerns me, I have watched plenty of things with graphic sex or violence and I am fine but do think that parents need to be slapped for letting their young kids see that stuff. Entertainment has seriously gone down the toilet though, it is either full of propaganda, dumbed down to the point where it appeals to the lowest common denominator like "reality shows" for example or just uses sex and violence for its own sake without even bothering to try to tell a compelling and interesting story.

Well short of making internet use below a certain age illegal and efforcing a watershed on TV with almost nazi-levels of enforcement. I got nothing.

Note: I found the beginning of Hack sign interesting in that, in that world the Internet was shutdown for 6 years. How the hell would you do that? also, if you see the news ingame, the law actually tries to stop the internet becoming what it was with severe sex laws

Edited by Malinter

I've had many odd experiences at school. I brought a dead rat in a plastic bag, brought a toy sword, got bored in the bathroom so I talked to kids in the next stall over, had a little squirt gun on my key chain, and for all of this I got called to the office and never got in trouble. Just a quick phone call to my mom, left my stuff in the office(except the dead rat) and went about my normal first and second grade days. But this kid gets suspended for that. A kiss on the hand and cheek are nothing

• Brohoof 1

The school has defiently overreacted in this situation. Now if the girl's parents were angered about it, that's one thing, but there's been no say that the girl's parents were upset with the boy and his parents, so whats the big deal? It was a peck on the hand and a little on the cheek a bit before?

Big whoop people come on! Ok sure its always good to explain to your kids "properly at that age" the importance of knowing your boundaries and what's good and what's right about little pecks of kisses, but this kid obviously was respecting this girl, he wasn't going for lip or grabbing booty.

Now I have seen a 6yr old do this, where he pushed a girl his age up against the wall and tried to make her kiss him, he grabbed their hair, or their bottoms, even their chests (at that age thers nothing there to grab but its still wrong) and would scare these girls at my day care. The incident happened more then once, we've spoken with the mother before too, even then we hadn't kicked the boy out due to that we are a daycare and rather then "punish" the boy, we wanted to work with him, explain to him that his behavior towards his girl classmates, wasn't right, it was scary and we don't like scary things in our class room. Sadly though he continued to repeat the behavior, the parents refused to work with us. As a result on the last meeting, our owner got involved with the mother saying that CPS would be pulled in for suspicion of child endangerment at the house, because this is behavior he was witnessing at home, whether that be from his parents or television. Point being this WAS abuse on a child level.

Pecks on the hand, or on the cheek, it's ok, we've had that happen at our daycare before. Of course we'd pull the child aside and say "its nice to kiss your mommy and daddy, but it might not be ok to do that to your friends, their mommy and daddy may not like that". It's hard to explain to a child at that age though. Point being on a personal level though I dont' find this hurtful in the slightest.

• Brohoof 1

Now I have seen a 6yr old do this, where he pushed a girl his age up against the wall and tried to make her kiss him, he grabbed their hair, or their bottoms, even their chests (at that age thers nothing there to grab but its still wrong) and would scare these girls at my day care.

Now THAT actually would warrant a suspension, If I was the father of the young girl who was kissed in the news story this thread is about it wouldn't really bother me at all but if I was the father of the girl who was forced up against a wall and groped than I would really be pissed. Parents do need to explain to their children about these sorts of things but unfortunetely many of them don't.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

mlfw2143-131314502054.jpg

Seriously, I had to double check to make sure I hadn't misread it. I'm currently questioning whether or not whoever made that decision should still be working in that school. I'm sure that the guy who thought that a six-year old giving a girl of a similar age a peck on the hand could be thought of as sexual harassment is more than a few screws loose in the head.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only sexual harassment if the person in question doesn't want the "attention" they're getting? Building further upon that point, neither the girl nor her parents have said anything negative about this and neither have they demanded punishment for the boy's actions. So why has any action been taken at all?

• Brohoof 2

That moment, when a 6 year old boy has a better love life than you.

LOL that literally made me laugh so hard xD 

So funny, but so sad, since it's true for me too ^_^ 

• Brohoof 1

... This has really nullified the meaning of 'sexual harassment'. A peck on the hand between two six year olds. Are you freaking kidding me? I'm worried what will be considered sexual harassment in 20 years or so... People are getting so sensitive.

• Brohoof 4

Seriously, they think a peck on the hand is sexual harassment? -_-

The system of the US schools just really baffle me because, they focus on trivial matters that don't even make a huge effect on anybody but treat it like a big deal and that it's the most important thing. I'm pretty sure sexual harassment is, when your forcefully harassing the person in exchange for sexual favors inappropriately.

It's pretty sad that they suspended the kid, that's just sad.

They could be being overdramatic but who knows really, the article said he had been in trouble for other issues before, maybe he wasn't suspended for kissing her hand but other stuff as well as that. We really don't know and I honestly don't trust news stories always since they are usually more focused on "interesting stories" than fact checking.

They could be being overdramatic

I don't know you think? We continue to  go down this route and 10 years from now some poor kid could have his pecker cut off instead of just being suspended.

for kissing her hand but other stuff as well as that. 

If that is the case than why risk it and make that a factor in addition to whatever else he may or may not be in trouble with or may have been in the past? Is this kid is really that much of a trouble maker than they can surely find other things that are more worth of suspension than that. The whole mention of "he got in trouble for other stuff too" probably shouldn't have even been put in that article in the first place both because it is irrelevant and because it just sounds like they are making excuses for the schools actions. 

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

I read this article and I think about the time I got suspended for three days in second grade for allegedly threatening to kill someone with a stick. (I really didn't, but their word over mine, W/E) I was 7.

Also, a kiss on the hand? Bei Gott, this little boy is the most gentlemanly I've seen in a long while.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know you think? We continue to  go down this route and 10 years from now some poor kid could have his pecker cut off instead of just being suspended.

If that is the case than why risk it and make that a factor in addition to whatever else he may or may not be in trouble with or may have been in the past? Is this kid is really that much of a trouble maker than they can surely find other things that are more worth of suspension than that. The whole mention of "he got in trouble for other stuff too" probably shouldn't have even been put in that article in the first place both because it is irrelevant and because it just sounds like they are making excuses for the schools actions. 

Don't be ridiculous no one is going to have any body part removed at school. The school system is hardly getting worse in terms of punishment in america, back then physical abuse from teachers was allowed. Just because one school does some questionable action doesn't mean *all* schools are following down that path.

Not that public education is great, kids get punished for really stupid things all the time. I have witness firsthand the school system doing questionable things and punishment. Not saying he deserved punishment but just that I am not going to assume anything based on a news snippet thats hardly informative. I was just stating there could be more to the story than what was stated and listed a posibility, thats all.

Edited by RainbowGlitter

At my high school, I occasionally see a boyfriend and girlfriend. The first time was when I was waiting to go home, and they were kissing. They weren't suspended, though. Maybe for little kids, it's different?

Edited by NagisaBebeDemon
  • Brohoof 1

True a kid shouldn't ask that stuff but seriously AWW. That's a gentleman. I mean if it were really sexual harrassment, he would have groped her or kissed her full on the lips. But kissing her on the hand is something a gentleman does. That's something men rarely do these days with women they like :D

• Brohoof 6

Quick question to everyone at exactly what point do we stop saying these are just isolated incidents are start accepting the fact that something else is going on here? This sort of stuff never happened 20 years ago, but we keep getting more and more of it so what is the cause of it if it is not a simple case of corruption?

What the hell did the kid do?

You'd think the school system would be more worried about dealing with bullies at school, but apparently a peck on the hand from a six year old is more deserving of punishment.

Exactly. We punish the innocent and let the wrongdoers get away.

• Brohoof 1

So, let me get this straight. We have a little boy here who's being punished for the crime of doing...exactly what little boys...tend to do. And it was welcomed by the little girl.

...M'kay, just checking.

• Brohoof 6

Give that boy credit, that's the most respectful gesture I've seen since what, the 90?

It seems we have reached an era where anything can be considered sexual harrasment for the wrong reasons, but it seems also that love at a young age is forbidden unfortunately. 

• Brohoof 5

but it seems also that love at a young age is forbidden unfortunately.

Haha... this brings back damn memories.

Christ I feel old.

Anyway, yeah, this is BS. You know how many men I've seen do that. None.

I mean I'm not one for being 'back in my day' but from what I've seen the 60s were awesome. Don't quote me though.[

Edited by Applesack