Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could be famous, would you?

Sunlight

To be honest, I don't want to be famous...but I want my music to be well known!

I prefer to speak through my music rather than speak in person.

Music itself is a lot more unbiased when there isn't a full on face connected to it.

It may be more personal sometimes, but I often feel that faces influence people for the wrong reason sometimes.

Take Justin Bieber for example...like him or not, a lot of people are into him for his "appeal/looks" rather than his

music...or if they are into his music, it takes 2nd place to his looks/marketing.

That's what I don't want...

I'm not incredibly good looking, I'm a normal guy really. But even that is in itself a label.

I'd rather just let my music do the talking for me, and keep my personal life/appearance separate from

my music life.

So in short? No fame for me...but I do want to be heard.

Edited by BrilliantVenture
  • Brohoof 1

No thanks, I hate fame. I prefer being a normal mainly because I wouldn't be able to handle all that attention, and quite frankly I don't want it. Being famous has more downsides than upsides in my opinion. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I'd love to be adored by millions. People loving and supporting my work in whatever I'm doing. Being interviewed on shows and in magazines. Being looked up to, being a source of inspiration for people. That would be great. Plus I'd love all the attention.

As awesome, great, and one of a kind it is to be famous, I would reject.

I like my privacy, and having fans, fanboy/girls, and paparazzi's following you and asking you everywhere you go will get annoying in less than a day for the rest of your life.....

Also, it depends on what am I famous for, if it's something that I would be okay with, then I wouldn't mind too much, but even then, I prefer not to be famous and let that stuff get into my head where I end up being like most celebrities I hate.

469967__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+da

Pony please, I'm already famous.

Seriously though, heck no. Never ever, ew. On the internet, sure. In real life? EW NO. I want my privacy and I like to be alone sometimes. I wouldn't be able to handle it, people watching everything I do... I would not be able to be myself :o

Edited by Jokuc

Nope I could not handle the pressure of being famous, I also hate socializing with people IRL being famous just put shit in your head and makes you become rude and crazy plus people will always twist anything you say into something evil

However Famous on the internet, maybe since I wouldn't have to socialize with alot of people IRL

Edited by ~SadisticCakebandit~

The problem with fame is that it becomes an invasion of your personal life. Which I've never really understood and has become a bit of a peeve of mine. I understand the idea of context and how knowing certain things about people colors their works, but at the same time, why do we need to know things like what they choose to do in their free time? I'm really against this idolization of famous people. They're people with occupations. Does it matter that their work reaches millions more than most? Do you take a deep, personal interest in the guy who flips your burgers or the guy who does your taxes? Because I really don't get how that's different.

Anyway, it's my goal to make some sort of impact on the world. I'd like to be famous for actually doing something, not just being famous. I'd like to make a work so great that I'd be remembered beyond my death. However, I wouldn't want people trying to pry into my personal life well beyond a point I'm comfortable with.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what you mean by famous

If I was a famous scientist: Hell yes!!!

If I was a famous actor/musician: Hell no!!! I mean famous people basically sacrifice their right to privacy,  I would not want the world watching and criticizing my every single action.  

I wouldn't mind being famous to some extent, but not to the point of loosing all my privacy and having to wear disguises and sneak around whenever I go out if I wanna be left alone.  I also imagine it's pretty tough having every low moment and mistake in your life discussed by millions and posted in magazines.

It would be nice to be known in certain fields and occasionally have someone recognize you from something you did. That's probably the extent of fame I'd want.

If someone gave you the opportunity to become famous overnight, would you take it? Personally, I wouldn't. A lot of people who do become famous end up with depression and take drugs and a bunch of other awful things. Despite having a lot of money, the fame isn't worth it.

Discuss. :)

Yes.  It would be fun.

HOWEVER...

I would take great pains to separate the "famous" life from real life.  Obviously, this is more practical for some types of fame (rock star) than others (politician).  An entertainer can -- with great effort -- present a name and image that is so different from their normal self, that millions of people can be intimately familiar with their work, but not recognize them on the street.  Slipknot is a good example of this working out fairly well, and allowing the individual to "disconnect" from the fame when they want.

Depends.

If I were to become famous because I cured all known diseases to mankind, then sure. At least then I would have accomplished something that's worthy being famous for.

• 1 year later...

Considering the kind of life I have and how little I have to offer, I'm not sure whether I should think me becoming famous is a good sign or not. x3 Either way, I wouldn't have any interest in being famous... I prefer living in the shadows and being ignored, and all the attention- be it love or, inevitably, hate- would leave me always on edge. And it'd be a painful feeling to disappoint your fans, and I can tell that with me, it'd happen sooner or later...  -_-