Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could be famous, would you?

Sunlight

Personally, no.

While maybe a bit of limelight might be a fun and enjoyable experience. People who become famous and end up with their lifestyle constantly requiring them to remain famous tend to have lives that end-up like a train wreck, sometimes not even though faults of their own but from others trying to become famous off of them.

While I would love to be rich and have a lot of money to spend on whatever I feel like, I don't think that being famous would be all that fun.

I would not wan't to deal with stalkers, the media, the paparazzi, being constantly thrust into the lime light and generally having no personal privacy whatsoever.

Plus with the amount of people who have gone crazy from that I really don't want that to happen to me.

It honestly depends.

If I end up famous out of pure chance, I'd hate it because I never did anything to deserve it (like if I inadvertently became a meme...that'd be humiliating >.<)

However, if I managed to achieve fame doing what I love (like if I became a singer, since I enjoy singing) I would be more than OK with that.

Although, the lack of privacy is something to consider. If I became too famous, I'd have a problem with that since I'd be swarmed by strangers if I were to go to Comic-Con or something like that.

If I were only a minor celebrity, I'd have no qualms with that :)

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't want to be famous for one minute. Fame can change people; usually negatively. I wouldn't want to be caught up in money and attention. That would make me go crazy.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, this is a really tough question. To be honest, I'd love to have my own little fan club, and to be known around the nation...or, the state, whatever. But like most of you said, I wouldn't like people sticking cameras in my face. Stalking me, watching me, having my information shared out among the people. Yeah, a lot of money is always nice. But like I said...I'd hate the spotlight.

Nope. This is because I don't want the fame, popularity, kids copying whatever I post, and paparazzi. The only thing I would want of being famous is the money. 

It depends I would be like Scott Cawthon, never reveals his face and no cameras everywhere I go. Personally celebs kinda need the drugs, think of this The celebrity's mind goes way faster than the average human and in order to relax they take drugs. 

Not saying its a good thing though.

If I say "yes," will the OP make me famous?

Short of committing murder, I can't think of anything that would realistically result in my becoming famous.  (No, I'm not contemplating murder.  This parenthetical bit will surely clear me should I later find myself on trial.)  I'm not quite stupid enough to warrant my own reality television series, and I don't desire that Honey Boo Boo or Jershey Shore brand of fame anyhow.  I don't expect my art or writing to lead to great success.  I don't know what the hell I'd DO as a famous person lol.  "Oh, there goes that Ziggy guy.  Remember how he...  I mean, remember when he was...  Why is he famous again?"

And the answer will of course be: He responded in the affirmative to a topic pertaining to fame on a pony forum.

Yes, of course! Getting myself out there more is something I've been working on. Heck, opening a YouTube is on the list when I've got the resources for it.

Well how? Just "famous?" People who are famous are usually in high profile professions, actors, musicians, writers, certain members of the scientific community, etc.

I wouldn't mind it, but people would quickly become bored with me when I didn't really do anything so they would move on and I wouldn't be famous anymore.

• 3 years later...

Fame often equals money and influence. Money and influence bring opportunities. Opportunities bring success and creative freedom. So yes, I would take the fame for a time. But I would shy away from it as soon as I had the things I truly wanted to achieve. I don't like fame for fame's sake; only the doors it opens. 

I mean am i famous with money? If so, sure i could go for being a celebrity. I can sleep all day without getting yelled at, then drop a hundred for munchies.

If im just famous, no money then it wouldnt be worth it.

As soon as you become famous your social status changes. No longer can you have an opinion about every day issues, cause famous people dont suffer the tribulations regular people do. Doesnt even matter if you suffered before becoming famous. You're also the target for potential memes and forget about doing something human in the eyes of camera wielding instagramers. Youre status of fame will go to infamy or disappear completely, then you'll be known as that one person who had 15 minutes of fame and a meme if youre lucky/cringy enough.

• 3 weeks later...