Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How competitive are you?

fimdash

How competitive are you when it comes to something you care about? It can be a game that you enjoy playing, trying to be the best in your class, pretty much anything competitive. 

Hmm I'd say I'm pretty competitive, but I'm not as hardcore about winning as much as some people I know. If I tried my best and put up a good fight but lost in the end, that's not too bad. I mainly hate losing at something when I know I could've won if I hadn't made some stupid mistake. So what about you guys?

• Brohoof 5

It depends on the event, that I'm participating in. If it is a tournament that isn't team oriented, I'm usually pretty competitive and on some other occasions I can not be competitive in team events.

• Brohoof 2

I'm competitive a lot, and I know it.  You know, I'll feel bad when we do weightlifting in sports class and someone next to me lifts something heavier than me.  I'll try to lift something as big, just to show them, and then my muscles hurt for days :\

I'm pretty competitive but I learned to hide it for the most part. I'm competitive when it comes to school grades and video games...that's about it. Sports, I could care less about, really. I tend to not care who wins what for the most part, nowadays...it's just some stupid game. 

The only person I am really competitive with is myself, winning is not all consuming or important for me so long as I am having fun but when it comes to things like self improvement and setting personal goals I can be fairly competitive. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm about as competitive as this guy.

Shikamaru-Nara-shikamaru-18617299-444-33

I don't care about winning a friendly competition with others at all. I will admit though, I do get really frustrated when I lose in things that are part of my own personal hobbies, like really difficult video games for example.

• Brohoof 1

When I get into whatever I'm competing in, I'll give it my all and not hold back! I won't be satisfied with anything less. And if I lose, as long as I know that I did my best, i don't get upset.

When it comes to video games, there are times in which I know I could have done better, but it's not that big of a deal. The only time that I do get really upset, is during a multiplayer game where my team looses with the score being something like:

Me: 20-3-16

Other Players: 2-21-4

Where I know that I did the best that I could, and yet no one else seems to be able to pull their weight.

When it comes to sports, I've been known as the moral booster for my team. During Soccer games, I was given the nick name "Steel Toe" due to my ability to blast a soccer ball from our def line to their goalie. And if I got intense, I would unleash a blood curdling scream as I pelt the ball. Track used to be that I could catch someone 80 yards in front of me if I put my mind to it. Baseball I was the sub runner for the pitcher and any time I got on base, I made it to home plate. with 2 in field home runs and a 3 min pickle run before.

So all in all, I'm set like a rhino, put an obstacle in my way and I'll plow through it if I set my mind on my goal.

Sports-wise, not really. I've never really been into sports that much, and I find it kinda stupid how people get so caught up in it.

Video games however.... It's... Its a battlefield in there. :P

I used to be pretty competitive when I played in Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments, determined to find broken combos, and perfect my "burn" deck.  A few years into college later and I found playing MtG with my friends that I hated being essentially a jerk, which I feel comes with being involved in a tournament level of competition.  Strategies to make your opponents make mistakes is just not the way to be with friends or potential friends.

So now I play games to simply have fun.  I'm not saying being competitive is wrong, and of course I try to win every game I play, but now I won't sacrifice the person on the other side of the table for the game.  That even goes for when I play FNM (Friday Night Magic) and prizes are on the line.

• Brohoof 1

I'm very competitive when it comes to running against others. I don't like it if they pass me, so I always use all of my energy to try and beat them. I'm also a bit competitive with just other sports in general, and getting good grades in my classes. But those are the only things.

Yeah I'm really competitive. If I care about something I give my current 200%, if I can I try to expect the same from my teammates and I work with them and myself to elevate to the highest possible level of our skill. But I really more demanding towards myself rather than others. I something didn't go right I know it's my fault and it can always be better.

I'm respectful towards others during competition, I acknowledge their skill and determination, and try not to underestimate them. Even if I compete really hard, I always try to maintain a friendly atmosphere.

So Yeah I'm really competitive but I don't let for it to be corrupted, it has to be pure :)

I don't get mad either when I lose, I mean sometimes it's bitter, but mostly I try to get a positive experience from that, and learn from my mistakes

Edited by ShadowSong
  • Brohoof 1

I've grown out of being competitive. Or at least in music I have been. Back in high school and before, I was all about being better than everybody else... Being first chair. But once college hit, I realized it wasn't about that. I just set my own goals for my level of playing, and didn't care if I wasn't first chair/part.

However, it may be because of the change of instrument and ensembles. In high school and before I was a trumpet player, and also was in a very competitive environment. This is not so much true for any of the ensembles I've been in since, and it would be somewhat less on my current instrument either way.

Edited by Envy

I like challenges and tournaments to compete whenever possible, but I'm cool with it.

Basically, I am a very calm person who doesn't mind the outcome, even if there's a commemoration or prize for winning.

But if it's something that I do like or I'm really good at, that's when I put my Triple AAA rank to the challenge. ;)