Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How competitive are you?

fimdash

Depends on what it is. Even if it's a game, it depends on what kind of game it is. Sometimes I am very competitive and sometimes I don't care. But if I play games I know I am good at, I am very competitive, when I play cod for example, I play to win and I quit if I lose.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

I can be rather competitive in video games. Anyways, I like playing a good game regardless of whether my team won or not. Battlefield 3 is a good example. I've had really fun matches before, even though my team still lost. I always try my best, and I don't care if we lost as long as we had fun/tried.

I can get REALLY competitive when it comes to gaming...i'll try to out do anyone, or when a battle. If I loose, I will come after you. Either way, you may be screwed, so yes, i'm that bad. Lol

Extremely competitive. Any time anyone does something better than me or is moving along better at life, I feel the need to do better or down right jealous. My entire life is a competition and I always struggle to "win" a non-existent game. I know it's bad, and it's something I struggle to control constantly. Mostly by trying to give the appearance of good sportsmanship and being happy for people who do better than I do. I've been getting a bit better about it lately... but I'm still pretty much that way. Even if I'm on a team with someone, I still view them as competition. (Like my boyfriend... I still kinda am all competitive about doing better than him in some ways though he doesn't really care about that sort of thing.)

Ironically not really competitive in video games or things like that. I give up the moment it begins because there's always some crazy person with more time to dedicate to the game, and I can never win against all those much crazier more invested people. The thing is too, I don't care enough about most video games to try any harder. Therefore, I always stay casual and play for fun.

I'm a little competitive, as I want to win, but I don't play to win...

In band competitions, all I care about is doing good. Individually, I don't care a lot about chair placement, though. Whole bandwise, Competition will always be in the air.

Unless I'm playing Battlefield, Team Fortress 2, or other FPSes, then Im gonna do my best to whoop your @$$, but not competitive to the point of actually disliking the players.

Edited by Twilight Sniper

I'm extremely competitive when it comes to sports involving teamwork, and running races.

As for everything else, I normally just tend to try enjoy myself as much as possible.  :lol:

I'm very competitive when it comes to the Yu-Gi-Oh tcg. And I absolutely hate it when my bro beats me in a fighting game. Seriously, he always has to decimate me and never give me a chance. Well we'll see who's laughing if we ever play Smash Bros. again.

For me it depends on what I'm doing. If it's sports or a school subject I find boring or useless then I'm not competitive, I usually don't even try.

If I'm on a game, then the only time I'm competitive is if someone's running their mouth off about how "pro"  they are. If that's the case then I'll put them through competition after competition until they've either proven to be as good as they say or until they rage.

I'm generally too indifferent to what's happening to care about competitions or any of the sort.

Edited by British Brony Mk.II
  • Brohoof 1

Not sporty person, but when it comes other things (knowledge, studies, position in class, my friends, dog shows, anything else I've put my mind to)...

Yeah, I'm pretty competitive, and I'll agree with RD:

"I hate losing."

No. I despise losing.

I always have my mind set on being best, and that's probably what's killing me, especially when I can't really accomplish it. But, nah. That's the life. :P

It highly depends on the context. If, for example, I'm playing competitive games with my friends, I can be quite competitive. I won't say my friends and I haven't had our share of bickering and squabbling due to "being cheap" or whatever, but in the end we all know it's just in good fun.

In the context of strangers, I'd prefer to stay away from competing altogether. I'm all for being a (good-natured) dickhead to my friends, but that's only because we're so close. With strangers, I'm never quite sure how to act, plus there's always the danger of running into those types who take things way too damn seriously. I just don't have fun competing against people I know nothing about, for some reason.

But whether we're talking about friends or strangers, I still overall prefer cooperation to competition. As I mentioned before, even competing amongst friends can lead to a lot of unnecessary bickering, so whenever possible I'll just opt for cooperative games. I find that working with others towards a common goal - whether they be friends or strangers - always makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

Edited by Lord Thrashicane
  • Brohoof 2

depends on who i'm against and what it is.

usually i'm very competitive because i like bragging about winning lol

When it comes to things I care about, i.e. debates, trivia contests, artistic endeavors, video games, I am fiercely competitive. Sometimes in sports as well, whenever I get around to playing them. My playing style is aggressive and enthusiastic. Also, I'm not simply fighting to achieve victory. I'm also fighting against you. I make things personal.

When it comes to things I don't care about, I have no desire to compete.

Edited by NomDeSpite

• 2 years later...

I'm usually a really good sport when it comes to competition. But I'll admit, in areas where I have a special interest or expertise, I want to shine to the fullest of my abilities. If I don't, I get self-critical and grumpy.

With stuff like video games, I get mad when the controls aren't intuitive and don't feel enough like real life (where I never have to press three buttons simultaneously to do the simplest of actions) and it frustrates me because the outcome of my resulting playing does not reflect my true abilities. When I get beaten by twelve-year-olds who have no such difficulty I let my own inner twelve year old out to do some wholesale pouting (when no one's looking of course). 

I am a competitive Smash player and I play a wifi tournament every day of the week. I want to learn everything PAC-MAN can do and use it to help me win. The thing PAC-MAN really struggles with is killing the opponent and I must get better at it.

I'm generally pretty laid back, I think.  

I'm only really ever competitive when it comes to video games, for one, and even in that I'm not always so competitive.  I think that I become competitive when it's something that I feel I play well.  I often don't like the idea of someone else playing better than I am in a game that I already feel accomplished in, and immediately feel challenged if they show more 'skill' in a sense of speaking.  If I'm not so great, perhaps decent at best in a certain game, I'll often play casually.  I don't feel challenged as I'm already aware that I'm not great in it.  I subconsciously choose my battles, I guess.  The better I am at something, the more competitive I become.

And finally, I'd hate to admit it but I become competitive (if only passively so) when it comes to my partner.  I can be quite jealous, and I'd prefer to think that I'm always number one to him in every regard outside of his family.  If someone does something that impresses him, and/or performs something better than I would, I would feel threatened.  Call me self-conscious but it's sadly how I get.  I want to be the one that impresses him the most, and I want to be the best in every way to him.  The best that I can be, or better.  So I often strive for greatness in this regard as I often crave his constant favor.

Other than these two scenarios however, I'm not very competitive in much else.