Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Male Ponies used for slave labor?

jish55

30 users have voted

1. 1. Are the Male Ponies in Equestria nothing more then slave labor?

• Yes
    • No

As the question asks, do you all believe the male ponies in Equestria are used for slave labor? I'd really like to know because my friends and I are sort of mixed on this.

They're lucky. Some of the previous generations they weren't even allowed to live in town. (G1 My Little Pony 'n Friends: stallions only appeared in two episodes. One was a foreign pony, and the other the stallions were on their *yearly* visit. G3, no stallions appeared in any of the shows at all.) :)

Edited by Fhaolan
  • Brohoof 2

Shinning Armour is captain of the guard....
Not to mention ponies like Hoity Toity....

Just as in normal society, men are used more for physical labour because our muscle mass is generally higher then that of women. Just in general though.

• Brohoof 1

If I were a stallion, I'd totally punch and bite to make sure I got to be a slave in the Carousel Boutique.

Rawrr. :D

Nahh, that's kinda far-fetched. I mean, Big Mac is a workhorse who's quite strong and seems to enjoy hard work. 

He's really the only one that'd make sense as for the slave labor thing, but I don't think he's a slave at all, and I think most people would think the same. :D

So, nahh. I don't think that's the case :D

Ok, again, this is a question mainly do to how we tend to see them is all, normally used to pull chariots so on and so forth and normally used for manual labor. This is why I bring it up, not trying to offend anyone, just a question my friends and I keep wondering about, and so I was curious what you all thought.

Ok, again, this is a question mainly do to how we tend to see them is all, normally used to pull chariots so on and so forth and normally used for manual labor. This is why I bring it up, not trying to offend anyone, just a question my friends and I keep wondering about, and so I was curious what you all thought.

Well don't forget, I doubt a mare could carry a chariot.  Plus, there's Big Mac who works on a farm, Shining Armor who's captain of the guard, Stallions working at stores, etc.

Well don't forget, I doubt a mare could carry a chariot.

Really? You don't think Applejack or Rainbow Dash could pull a chariot? Heck, in Feeling Pinkie Keen, Fluttershy is pulling a wooden single-pony chariot full of frogs, and actually holds it in a hovering position mid-air for several minutes despite what must be astonishing torque on the harness. :)

• Brohoof 2

That's absurd. But still given how the ponies seem to regard cows, sheep and other sentient livestock as well as mixed breeds like mules, I wouldn't entirely discredit such notions as impossible in Equestria.

I mean if 1 unicorn was capable of this:

The_Crystal_Ponies_in_despair_S3E01.png

I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility.

• Brohoof 1

No, unless you count when the mares go into heat but that is an entirely different kind of slavery. Seriously though I just chalk it up to the fact that it is a "girls show" and you are therefore going to see far more female characters than male ones. If Equestria actually existed I think the the gender ration would probably be a lot more balanced, but the stallions do tend to do more physical labor than the mares (especially earth pony stallions) but that is true on earth as well because males tend to have more muscle mass thanks to elevated testosterone levels.

Ponyville is a farming community so most of the stallions probably do labour intensive work but they do it for the bits and food they need for their familles, no slavery involved at all. Ofc there are mares too that also work the fields too such as Applejack.

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

i think anthony c made the crack on one of those mas pod casts "Oh wow all the males are subjected. fascinating."

and than clover keen was like "So your into that huh?"

I'd ship em (lol back on topic)

there not slaves.

it's "separate but equal."

^ ~.

I voted yes (for the heck of it.)

And if they are not... they should be... good for nothing stallions.... lazy bums, all of um... especially that big red one.... doesn't work nearly hard enough.... always making his most wonderful sister do all the work

;)

• Brohoof 1

I voted yes (for the heck of it.)

And if they are not... they should be... good for nothing stallions.... lazy bums, all of um... especially that big red one.... doesn't work nearly hard enough.... always making his most wonderful sister do all the work

;)

OP if Argumedies is the one yes vote (so far) did you even vote in your own poll? I say no but I'd be Princess Twilight'a slave if I lived there. :D Edited by Nature's Spell

What? That's nonsense, this show is about friendship, good morals, and other goody goody stuff, and Equestria will naturally reflect that, so nobody is going to be oppressed or discriminated against. Just because it's a show for little girls with lot's of good female rolemodels doesn't mean it's portraying a society where the other gender is getting the short end of the stick.

Edited by Vixor