Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of MLP before you were a Brony?

Harmony And Rarity

Well at first before I knew about the show I thought it was gay. Like alot of people, My heart was as cold as a rock. But now that I know how AMAZING the show is I think that everyone should watch it. So that they could learn not to have such a cold heart. To sum it up in 2 sentences....

At first I was like:

puFH1hj.jpg

Then I was like:

ByWug1N.jpg

What About You Guys?

• Brohoof 1

Oh dear god, what is with this? why are my friends interested in a show that sucks (because I only knew of the original series, not fim). Afterwards, it took me a little while, but now I'm a massive brony.

When I first knew about the show, I didn't have much of an opinion on it honestly. I knew one of my friends were into it but I didn't pay no mind. I didn't assume it was amazing or awful until I gave it a chance for myself. 

• Brohoof 1

At first in 2012 I had no clue what bronies were or that mlp had gotten popular let alone for guys!!! 

Well when my friend had given me a run down on bronies due to a shirt I saw at the mall... 

I was pretty freaking creeped out at first, mind you I was a very close minded person back then... 

So it wasn't until i checked out the whole hoopla for myself and watched an episode when I was like.

:blink:  :o  This show is like the most awesome show ever! 

• Brohoof 1

Cute little girls show that I and some friends jabbed at each other with occasionally with in good fun.

Didn't know about bronies till I was one...

I actually got into the show without knowing there was a fandom. I had heard the term brony before, but never found out what it meant. I would watch it in secret, and was really ashamed of myself for it. I wasn't aware of the fandom until my roommate's girlfriend came over one day and tthrew an MLP coloringbook at me and told me to start coloring. She noticed I was coloring everything corectly, and asked how I knew. I was terrified until she told me about the fandom.

Edited by DoomOtter

A lot of the members on a forum site I visit often had pony avatars back in the summer of 2011, and I was like "What is this? People like this show because it's...dark? ...a parody of My Little Pony? ...so bad it's good?".

...Yeah, I don't think I need to continue the story from there. You know what happened. Everything changed, for the better that is.

I didn't really know anything about MLP at all until my friend told me about it. I watched the first couple episodes and got hooked immediately. So I guess I was a brony before I knew there were bronies if that makes sense.

Well, my little brother would watch 'Baby Cakes' over and over AND OVER... and that left a bad impression on me.

Before I ever watched the show on my own time, I was always allured by the site of Fluttershy. Something about her just made me feel... calm. At peace. It was a beautiful feeling, and it sparked the initial interest in the show for me.

Well at first I was all like 

maxresdefault.jpg

(of course the only exposure I ever had to MLP at this time was seeing commercials for play sets during G3 so I would say I was a little biased)

After watching the show for the first time I thought it was amazing, and then I ended up here.   

I don't think I really thought anything of it. Basically I was just, "okay, it's a girls cartoon, whatever." But when some people I respected started to say they really enjoyed the show, I figured there must be something to that and gave it a shot.

Didn't really think anything of it. I'm an open minded person.So I'm used to the strange and unusual. I first started seeing art of it on a furry site "Furaffinity" So I looked on youtube for the shows...and was instantly hooked on it. Been a brony since the first half of Season 1

I wasn't really sure what to think about it, on the one hand it seemed like just another "girls show" to me but on the other hand my friend just telling me about Discord and Discord really didn't sound like a character you would expect to see in a show like that. I wanted to know Discord was really that awesome and once I found out that he indeed is that awesome I thought that maybe the show had something to it after all watched the rest of the episodes available at the time and soon got hooked. I never really hated bronies because I myself have had some rather odd interests in the past and thought of it as a bit strange but harmless.

• Brohoof 1

All I knew about the show was the insanely annoying theme song that would play in their old toy commercials that would get stuck in my head periodically, so I wasn't exactly a fan.  It had been chiseled into my mind that MLP was the very definition of something that is in the 'girls only' territory, perhaps even moreso than Barbie.  As for what I thought of FiM, it was mostly confusion (and irritation, because that accursed theme song was bound to return with it), and then I ignored it for months.  I did think that the drawing style for the ponies was cute though.

• Brohoof 1

At first I was unaware of Friendship is Magic's existence (I knew what MLP was, though.)

And then my best friend told me that there was group of fans outside of the originally intended demographic called 'Bronies' and that he was one of them.

I had no strong feelings about it one way or the other since I still enjoyed old Disney films (The Lion King), but he insisted that I checked it out since he had the entire first Season on his laptop.

I saw the pilot and 'Ticket Master' before skipping to 'Griffon the Brush-Off' (because mythology) and I became a fan of the show because of Dash's Loyalty which is something only ONE of my friends has ever had (the one that got me into the show) and I played catch-up for a while until midway through Season 3 and here I am.

At first I thought it was the original 1980's cartoon, I thought the same for "Pound Puppies", I did not realized those two TV shows were reboots, although I began to see pony art on Deviantart, in addition see pony references on YouTube, it was my first encounter will the brony fandom, and didn't think much of it, yet slowly but surely I began to see the rise in bronies. I figured it was just another girly show, or juvenile condescension show, I was tired of coming across those mediums so I put off MLP forever, it wasn't until I saw an article on military bronies did I come to realize, just how diverse and large the brony community was, I finally gave in and watched my first episode of MLP-FiM, next I found more videos on YouTube so thus began my involvement with bronies. 

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 1

I'm gonna be lazy and copy/paste from my profile :D

I'd heard about Bronies, and I was intrigued, but just slightly, and I was largely apathetic to the Brony community. I didn't like y'all, I didn't hate y'all, whatever. Just there, something I'd have to check out eventually, but wasn't high on my priority list. 

Now, of course, Bronyism = Life :D

I was confused after I've heard of MLP:FIM in December 2011. I tried to fight with myself and hated the show for some time...But I tried to hide the fact that I wanted to become Twilight Sparkle. Only then I noticed that I love the show and I was so much like her. Altrough the past two years were full of tears and pain, I've accepted who I am and that I don't have to be shy because I want to be a purple unicorn. And altrough for a long time after 31.12.2011 I haven't watched any episodes - just images, memes, fanfics and poni/derpibooru, I decided to finally start watching the show. It was a bumpy ride, but 2014 is looking good. I see my reflection in Twilight and when anyone compares me to her I feel so good.