Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of MLP before you were a Brony?

Harmony And Rarity

Well for me it was the usual: It's a show for little girls and grown men shouldn't watch it. But after being introduced to it my self (as in actually watching a episode) In October 2011 when my friends came over to celebrate my birthday. After a while of them trying to get me to watch it I gave in and while I watched the only thing they said was skip the intro since that's what was most likely to put me off watching it at all. After finishing it they suggested I watch another and while I did I had no idea that a week later I would have watched every episode released to that point. And here I am 2 years later massively enjoying the show and its fandomness.

Actually, before I became a brony, I had no idea of the existence of this show, I only watched some toys commercials and I was like "meh"  >_>

Even when I discovered it was a tv show, I wasn't very surprised, it looked so childish, you know?

But now, I believe it's one of the best things I could find  :yay:

I thought it was a load of rubbish, but then I saw some pictures and I liked it because a lot of it was pink (favorite colour) and after I helped my friend out i watched it, first episode i laughed my head off. But then after that I thought it was amazing.

My first exposure to My Little Pony actually was upon seeing elements of the show as examples on TV Tropes, which I discovered just shortly before I even knew the show existed.

Upon learning about bits and pieces about the show (which I saw ALOT of on TV tropes), I thought to myself 'really? they made a show about that toyline? that's just weird'

a week or so later, I decided to watch the first two episodes on Youtube to see what the all fuss is about.

The rest is history.

Before: Colorful, super-cute, probably pretty stupid.

After: Colorful, super-cute, actually rather clever.

I never really was very close-minded to such things and it was that famous at the time I started to watch, it was just that the history taught me most of the cartoons are rather dull / annoying / obnoxious even if they look fun. Turned out only thing dull / annoying / obnoxious about this one was Spike. Just joking, don't release the hounds.  ^_^ 

Edited by Jessper

I Found This Video And This Was My Reaction (I Can Still Remember It)

Hey This Looks Like A New Video... "Pop Culture [PMV]" What Could That Be About? What's That White Thing With Purple Glasses And A Music Note Tattoo? Hmmm Ok, My Little Collabs? Huh..  I'm Guessing These Are Ponys? OH MY GOD A FLYING WAINBO PONY! :D

Great Animation Why Wuold Someone Do This For A Bunch Of Ponies?

Then I Saw The Suggestions Box... Then It Was 5AM

i never really hated brony's ii was more curios but never wanted to watch it.

i had a few friends on xbox i would play games with and two of them were bronies i asked them what that was they said its a large group of people that watch mlp i was a bit weirded out but i started seeing more and more of it all around me and thought one day lets see what all this is about. 

and that was the best day of my life, without mlp id be dead its helped me out of so many depressions :D

so yea i was 

hmm okay

but now im

i love this

When I figured out what they were, I thought bronies were just weeeeeeeird.

But then I looked at some analytical stuff involving the show and it had a huge following. The episodes on YouTube had over a million hits. It didn't seem right to me that the show could be weird or stupid but have such a huge following. Yeah, you could say I was pretty skeptical. But I went in with an open mind. I just wanted to see what all the hubbub was about.

Next thing I knew, pretty much 75% of my internet activity involved ponies. So yeah. I used to think bronies were just freaking weird people who were begging to be different. But as I started to get enthusiastic about the show, the idea of liking ponies became less foreign to me. I love this fandom :)

• 7 years later...

Thought it was alright. Cute like really cute character designs(save for g3.5/newborn cuties but we don’t talk about that those designs were uh unappealing to say the least). In fact the cuteness of g4 kind of drew me into watching fim tbh. 

I had not opinion about it before I became a brony to be honest. I knew there were many adults who liked it, but not much more. I'm not a judging person besides I always loved animation. But I also didn't seeked it out so it took some special circumstances for me to fall in love with it.,

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I barely even paid attention to it, as it was just another lame show to me that I had no care towards. I always thought it was for girls and not enjoyable for boys.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Believe it or not, My exposure to bronies was from playing Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 back in late 2012.

Back then you couldn't go a single lobby without at least one player having a custom Pony emblem. 

Most of the time it was either Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy. I remember thinking why it was so common? 

at 15 years old at the time I thought it was weird watching a show targeted for little girls heh

Edited by Whirlwind

2012, actually did not know about the show until flipping through channels one day when I was home alone.

Little me at first thought it was boring (It was the episode where Trixie is introduced) and kept flipping.

However, it was not until I saw the now infamous YTPs of that era appear in my recommended that my fate was sealed forever...

Now I cannot imagine my life without ponies