Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you more attracted to modest girls?

Sweet Dreams

I greatly prefer a girl who doesn't go through a huge effort to try and look good. I don't mind if she likes to wear make-up here and there but I find it so unattractive when girls spend hours putting on make-up, changing clothes, doing hair and all that annoying stuff. It just gives me the impression that they're so wrapped up in themselves. I guess you could compare the type of girls like like to characters like Fluttershy and Applejack.

Honestly, yeah. I can't stand girls who try to "show off the goods." Come on, at least leave something to the imagination.

It's honestly a moral thing. Strange, because I have few morals, but I don't like trashy girls who want to show their bodies off. I know we're all naturally beautiful, but when people do it just to show everyone that they want sex, I'm really turned off.

• Brohoof 2

I greatly prefer a girl who doesn't go through a huge effort to try and look good.

Most women don't even need to go to that kind of effort anyway, a woman who is not afraid to get her hands dirty is actually one of my biggest turn on's which is probably one of main reasons why I have a crush on Applejack.

Truthfully, yes.

Modesty makes me think level headedness, a part of the personality traits I'm looking for. Seeing someone wearing revealing clothing or piles of makeup just makes me feel dirty. She has the right to wear that stuff, don't get me wrong, but it isnt what I'm looking for or comfortable with.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to have to agree with everything said before me.  I find modesty to ultimately be much more attractive.  (In all honesty, I'm a HUGE fan of women in jeans, don't ask me why.)  I mean, you're free to go around wearing whatever you want, but that's not what I'm looking for personally.  Now that's not to say that I won't be looking at you, because saying that would be a blatant lie, but I guess it's like looking at a tiger: they're beautiful creatures to look at from a safe distance.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related, but I've found that the more 'sexy' a woman tries to be, the less attractive I find her.  I find that this mostly happens with the facial expression; I've never found the stereotypical 'sexy face' to be very attractive at all.  It's just... so unnatural.  Why not just smile?  I find that a smile (or any more natural facial expression) is much more beautiful than whatever sort of facial contortion that 'sexy face' is.

I don't really care what people wear. (Not that anyone cares about what I say)

But people should not dress like they belong to a "club" all the time. xD

(Espacially the ones at the age 13 and above)

Though it is fun asking them "where they have been now" ..... XD

(Only when someone goes waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far.)

Edited by CrayZ

I like a girl who respects herself. What I mean by that is someone who doesn't need to make herself look great to others. She knows that she is and doesn't have to try. Women like that are cool. Deep down inside, they know that they are worth something and don't need to lower themselves to anyone's standards. :)

• Brohoof 2

Just because a girl dresses a certain way, showing cleavage or short shorts doesn't make them any more prone to cheat. Some girl with no makeup and a t-shirt and jeans could do just the same. Assumptions are just as bad as how "the way she's dresses" I guess people will be attacted to different things. But actions speak louder than anything else. Don't judge based on style, rather than how she's acting around people and you.

Me, being bi, I don't think it matters as long as she acts like a decent person. She may just be more confident than other girls with her body. Nothing wrong with that.

Um...well I kind of like short shorts and makeup and dresses and stuff ._.

Although it really doesn't matter that much, as long as I find her cute or whatever xP

Edited by Champion RD92

Honestly, I far prefer more modest girls over slutty looking girls - I couldn't care less about appearance, I care about the persons personality, BUT modest girls tend to have far nicer personalities.

Well my crush is very modest. She's got that innocence about her as she interacts with me. That's much of what got me attracted and attached to her in our conversations. I let her speak about her life, but at the same time, her modesty lets her show her heart-felt interest in what I have to say. That's something I value a lot not only in friendship, but also in marriage.

I only find myself attracted to girls who dress modestly. I don't have anything against girls who dress otherwise (I think people should be allowed to express themselves however they want), but like when it comes to who I'll get a crush on, or who I'll notice in a crowd, it's always the ones who are modest. I also often like girls who dress in a boyish way; androgyny is really cool imo.

I am absolutely more attracted to modest girls, for several reason. First, they have enough faith in themselves to know that they don't have to show off their body. Also, if I were interested in dating a girl, would I want to date one that would be the focus of lustful thoughts for every male in visual range? I think not.

Additionally, my tastes are for modesty anyway.

As a female myself, I can still state my own opinion. I mean, I slide both ways, so yeah.

I like a good balance between the two. Not too much modesty that you look like a bag, but no cleavage slipping and sliding out everywhere. It isn't a bad thing to show off your body a little, to show off its shape and such. There's just a limit on both sides. Though I'll admit I myself veer towards modesty moreso. Don't really like navels or bellies showing. It isn't attractive to me. Short skirts are okay though. So are dresses and the like. 

i would have to say the types of girls i like are ones that aren't so like attention seeking than anything else if you were to ask what kind of personality I'm attracted to it would have to be Fluttershy's having a quiet and gentle personality is kinda what i look for in a girl

It's basically of little issue to me how woman dresses as long as she has a great personality. Then again, I'm kind of an oddball who finds revealing outfits attractive, yet generally finds makeup unappealing, so...do with that what you will.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a very shy sweet person. Likewise I would want a girl that is just as nice and spreads kindness the same. Their clothes and looks? Well, for one I don't like makeup. Mainly because, girls wear it because they believe it makes them more beautiful and excepted. I find that so wrong. I've seen many girls that would look so beautiful if they just took off their makeup. Their natural beauty is covered up with a mask of color and it bothers me so much. Natural is always better. They shouldn't cover up their looks, they really shouldn't. It's like a statement when girls wear these things. A statement that they don't like their looks or themselves in general, which isn't good.

But as far as clothing goes, I do appreciate at least some class. You have to understand; girls can't really hide their body. If they're wearing something and it seems like stuff is showing off well they can't always help it. It's just there you know? It's not like guys. Covering our troubles up is easy if you just wear a simple pair of well fit jeans. I mean really. But if a girl purposely shows herself off then that does bother me a little bit because it suggests she's very flirtatious which I don't like. (I'll give some credit here though and at least say that girls should be free to express themselves as well as guys, but taking it so far to the point where it gets you involved into jerky and sexual relationships is bad. Then you're just asking to be taken advantage of.)

But all in all, personality is what I look for. Looks are one thing, but I don't care about them too much. In fact it bothers me that that's most of everyone's priority. It's a natural instinctive to look at food that's all chunky and strange and instantly think the taste that lies inside sucks. Like food, guys and girls look at each other seeing either an ugly outside with the assumption that their personality is just as bad or a handsome/pretty outside that suggests a good personality. It's unfortunate that most function this way but such is life. I care about the inside, not the outside. Once again, when thinking about food, one does not always taste what they expected too based on its looks. Looks tell you nothing about that person.

Anyway, to sum that mumbo jumbo up, I love girls for their personalities. I really like the ones that are kind, caring, loving, and sweet to anyone around them. Gentle. They don't hide their looks with makeup and don't change their hair with stylish colors or ponytails (that only bothers me because they want to fit in and they'll say that "pink stripes" are the thing when it comes to hairstyles. We're all born different for a reason guys. Don't fit in, be unique; be you) and they have an appreciative class in what they wear. Though as I said, the clothing is the absolute least of my worries. Only when they purposely present themselves sexually does it bother me.

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 1

Since I'm not attracted to other females I can't really answer the question myself. 

BUT the other day in my hall some of the Navy ROTC guys and their friends were talking about a girl in the hall who always walks around in very little clothing. They said they didn't like it and they found it annoying. They also mentioned that they wouldn't want to date someone like that because everyone in the hall pretty much knows what she looks like and nothing was left to the imagination. 

It gave me some hope because these are some of the most attractive, dateable guys I've met. This only confirmed that because I want to date someone that likes me for my personality, not because he thinks I'm easy and hot. 

• Brohoof 2

I do find modesty to be sexy. Not only does it leave more to the imagination, but it also diverts the center of attention to the lady's lovely face. To me, it's far more appealing for a cute girl to dress in jeans and a sweater, than it would be for that same girl to wear a short skirt and low-cut top.

And a bit more subjectively, modest girls tend to be a bit shy, and I'm personally very attracted to shy women. I'm not entirely sure why, perhaps it's just the fact that innocence is cute.

• Brohoof 2