Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My very first pony animation!

sunne

Hello everypony, I am Mint Drop and earlier today I finished my very first animation! It was essentially a test to figure some things out, but I'm still very proud of the result, and myself for doing it. 
Anyhow, without further ado, here it is:
post-14040-0-73012000-1386899271.gif
The legs are a little weird, I know, but seeing as this is my first animation ever, it should be fairly obvious that I'm very new at this. 
Please leave feedback and if you have complaints about it, please go easy on me :c as I said, I'm very new at this.

• Brohoof 15

@@Silverwisp the Bard
Eh, those are issues with the puppet itself, which I didn't make. I simply moved the body parts and animated the wings and eyes.

@
Yes, I am fully aware of the awful leg animation. I haven't quite figured out how to animate them, but it looked better than just keeping them there.

You know for a start this ain't bad at all. The legs do need some work, but personally I'd also add some anticipation and reaction to her moving her head and neck along with maybe having her mane and tail flow a little more like hair. It sounds stupid as who the hell looks at the hair but trust me on this one when you do it properly it looks beautiful.

I think the front right leg is a bit weird. It changes in size or shape or something toward the end of the animation. I think I see what you were trying to do. I think you were trying to make it look more like it belonged on the ground? Which is good, but it's too sudden. If you're going to do that, you'd need to change the shape gradually, frame by frame. It looks a little choppy, particularly the part where the legs spread. but I think that's possibly due to a lack of frames and may possibly be fixed by adding more transition frames.

Those were the only things I really noticed. It's really good, especially for a first attempt. The animation on the wings is nice. Keep it up! I think you have a knack for this :)

@@Lord Bababa
I agree, and thanks for the feedback. I'm still new at this, so I'm still figuring out how to animate. And for the record, I did attempt to animate the hair, but looked awful and I felt even worse due to being sick and didn't have the patience to fix it, so I just made it move with the head.
@@Clover Heart,
Thank you for the feedback, I will work on that in the future ^.^

@@Mitchfizz05,
Thank you :3
As for how long it took, it took around 4 hours 9 i didn't actually time it - I was in a car for about 4 hours with nothing else to do -  to get most of it. Then I found out that they actually had included the far wing, and went trhough the process of animating that, which took some time. I'd say between 4 and 5 hours.
EDIT: I also think you mean ma'am or something, 'cause I'm a girl xD

Edited by Mint Drop

@@Mint Drop, Well since you're new I'll give you this one tip that even I have a hard time grasping because aaagh: like good art, good animation takes time.

You know those old Disney films that were 2d animated? Those were so good because they'd spend like 10 hours A FRAME on things. That's a looottaaa time. Granted you can improve animation wise by doing more of it like really any art out there but yeah.

Uuuhh ffjpffdasdfjkfasdj do you know any techniques or animation theory? I can link you up to some stuff that'd help out a lot.

Edited by Lord Bababa

@@Lord Bababa
That's true. I never did say "Ermahgerd, this took me soooooo long!,"though. I was simply telling Mitchfizz how much time it took because he asked.
No, I don't know any techniques or animation theories. If you could link me to a few that would be great, thank you.