Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What is your favorite 8-16 bit music/tracks. And what game is it from?

Techite Sparkle

What it your favorite 8 or 16 bit soundtrack?

Well I have played all the classics

Mario,Zelda,Mega man, ect.

About a year ago... (Nvm 3-4 years xD) I completely 100% Finished the Final Fantasy III DS remake. And the Crystal Tower theme still deemed to be my favorite.

At the time I didn't know the game was based off a NES remake. So I played through (the english translated) and I got to the NES crystal tower. For a NES I still think it is the most peaceful and meaningful NES theme to this day.

So. What's yours?

^-^

Edit: I guess I should add a reference... xD...

Edited by Techite Sparkle
  • Brohoof 3

I dunno. I found the final boss music from both Double Dragon II & III, the title screen music from Friday the 13th, and the ending theme from Castlevania II: Simon's Quest to be pretty rad. And speaking of Final Fantasy, I also loved the remastered track of I & II on the GBA. Original NES theme for the overworld in II was awesome as well.

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 2

I have two:

The first is the Jungle Infiltration Theme from Snake's Revenge. You know, the MGS game that no one talks about? All if the music in that game is great but this one in particular is really awesome. It starts at 01:09 in the video:

The other one is the Stage 1 Theme from Rush'n Attack. It's really simple but catchy.

• Brohoof 4

Ninja Gaiden (NES) act 4-2. It's just too bad the stage is so short!

Wow. My brain really wasn't functioning right. Just how the heck did I forget about the moon theme from Ducktales? It's one of my all time favourites, even when compared to some more modern tracks

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 5

Still get the original zelda game music stuck in my head quite often

Yeah, gotta go with that one, the overworld theme is just legendary.

@DaReaperSame considering I have played completely through it over 20 times probably. I liked the labyrinth music alot. Even though its a crapload of loopage.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMssCMqMHuk

I don't even have to click that link to hear it. :o

Dodododedodododedodododedododode

Dum-dumdumdumdum-dum

• Brohoof 2

Oh man, there are so many I like. From Duck Tales' Moon theme to Battletoads' pause music. Other than the really crappy Movie-Game adaptations, I like almost all NES songs.  A game just isn't a game without some music B)

• Brohoof 1

Thanks guys for reminding me of Ninja Gaiden and Metal Gear. These songs play in my head all the time. :P

Silver Surfer is another one I just remembered. Say what you will about the game itself (I actually like it a lot), but you can't deny that the soundtrack owned.

Honorable mention goes out to Mega Man…the ENTIRE series, both the original 6 games and the retroactive 9 and 10. There are so many phenomenal tracks to choose from, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Anyway, I've been growing more and more enamored with the Dragon Warrior soundtracks. A mere handful of my favorite tracks:

• Brohoof 2

The Moon Theme from the NES Ducktales theme.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KF32DRg9opA&app=m

It makes me feel like I'm having a real space adventure every time I hear it. Definitely one of a kind.

Here are some more tunes.

The palace theme from Zelda 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7Sh82Mzdc

Dammit! I was gonna post The Moon Theme from DuckTales and the Palace Theme from Zelda II but you guys already beat me to the punch! :lol: Anyway, those were the songs I was gonna post! Two extremely awesome classic 8 bit tunes right here! :)

Hey @@Techite Sparkle, how about including original Game Boy/Game Boy Color music here? Game Boy and Game Boy Color music is definitely 8 bit and there are plenty of tunes on those two systems that are a force to be reckoned with! :squee:

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~
  • Brohoof 1