Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many days can you go without sleep?

Tanner

Probably around 30 hours?

Unfortunately, I pull 24 hours quite frequently. I did it every Monday last fall, because I worked Sunday nights and went straight to school on Mondays. Usually I'd wake up around 4 pm on Sunday afternoons, and then go to work, and then go to school, not getting home until 6 - 8 PM (that is the day after I woke up at 4PM, if I needed to clarify).

It was dreadful... I do not operate well on low sleep. Nor did I have the most wonderful feeling in the world having to head for the bus only thirty minutes after getting off of work. It was mostly a day schedule. On Sunday mornings I'd crash right after work because I stayed up all day Saturday without sleep, so my body would be telling me that I need to crash on Monday morning as well, but instead I go to school and stay up 12 more hours. D:

I can only go one day without sleep. I tried going for two days once, it didn't last long. Didn't even last halfway through the second night. I just fell on top of my bed and slept. Never tried doing that again since. Don't want to hurt myself. :)

Back when I was young and had to work multiple jobs to help pay the rent I would get up on Friday morning and go to sleep on Monday night, unless nothing interesting was happening with my Monday classes then I went to sleep Monday afternoon. That was a long time ago, now if I stay up till 3am its unusual for me. 

It's nothing good at all and I'm not proud of it but probably almost 5 days if I tried (not going to though).

The longest I have ever been awake is 98 hours (which is a little bit more than 4 days) (I was going for 100) and I've told the story a thousand times but I suddenly could not feel my arms and I couldn't move them, they were just hanging there and it scared me a lot so I had to sleep.

Edited by Jokuc

I've only stayed up through a night once in my life.

That's because I had to score 98% on a final exam or I would make a C in this class and I wanted a B. It was highly improbable (I can't stress how much the odds were against me), but I studied for about 40 hours, give or take a few and I aced it. The professor thought I cheated for a moment because I had been making C's and D's and I even made like a 46% on the previous exam. Until I explained to her that I had spent nearly every hour in that weekend getting ready for her test. I can't say I blamed her for that, though. If someone is making C's, D's, and F's all semester on the exams, how would they possibly get a perfect score on the final exam? But I think that's one of those things I'm only gonna be able to pull off once in a lifetime. I don't think I'll ever be able to do it again :lol:

So yeah. I should have made a D or C in that class. By the skin of my teeth, I made a B. I think my final average was an 80.06%. I had never been happier to earn a B in my life :D

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~
  • Brohoof 1

1 day, maybe I could resist more but since I like to play videogames a lot I like to sleep a lot so my eyes won't hurt during the day when I play xD

I'm not going to lie when I say this, but I have a serious insomnia problem, and I managed to go, get this, a whole week without sleeping!

Crazy I know, it was the worst week nights I ever had....

Wow, I think I'll never surpass your record! xD But it's horrible when you want to sleep and you're REALLY tired and you just can't! :(

I've only stayed up through a night once in my life.

That's because I had to score 98% on a final exam or I would make a C in this class and I wanted a B. It was highly improbable (I can't stress how much the odds were against me), but I studied for about 40 hours, give or take a few and I aced it. The professor thought I cheated for a moment because I had been making C's and D's and I even made like a 46% on the previous exam. Until I explained to her that I had spent nearly every hour in that weekend getting ready for her test. I can't say I blamed her for that, though. If someone is making C's, D's, and F's all semester on the exams, how would they possibly get a perfect score on the final exam? But I think that's one of those things I'm only gonna be able to pull off once in a lifetime. I don't think I'll ever be able to do it again :lol:

So yeah. I should have made a D or C in that class. By the skin of my teeth, I made a B. I think my final average was an 80.06%. I had never been happier to earn a B in my life :D

Congrats con that B! :D Last week I had a similar situation, I studied about 12 hours for math final exam... I was veeery tired but I kept going........ I got an A+ on that exam but I got sick next day, it's not healthy to study that much, but sometimes it's necesary ;)

Edited by Bojo
  • Brohoof 2

1 day when I had a bout of insomnia. But I could pull 2 or possibly 3 all nighters if I tried. I don't require a lot of sleep. I actually have a bed time, though, so that ruins that happening in the next 2 years...

Edited by Twilight Sniper

48 hours. Though I should note that my brain has been trained to function just fine on a sleep-every-other-night cycle and that even prior to that, my sleep cycle has always been fairly erratic.

Barely just one day and full night.

It was during summer break one year, i had gotten so bad about going to bed at like 4-6 in the morning that, with school looming in a few days, I decided to try to reverse my sleep patterns by staying up a full day and sleep at a more proper time. Didn't work, i fell asleep at like lunch time, lol.

Edited by crazitaco