Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many days can you go without sleep?

Tanner

• 3 months later...

Zero. I have to get a normal amount of sleep or I could get really hurt. I'm an epileptic. A person with a seizure disorder. I have three triggers.

1: lack of normal amount of sleep

2: Flashing lights( strobe lights)

3: failure to eat properly.

I grew up with this disorder. After a few years with no episodes, my family thought I outgrew them. Unfortunately I had two during school and one at Walmart in the book section. I was reading a tattoo magazine I believe.

For those unfamiliar with this disorder, they strike with little warning and if unprepared can be frightening. I remember nothing from the beginning of the episode until I wake up. The only thing working on me is my sense of smell.

Due to my resilient nature, I bounce back almost immediately.

3 days, That's when the hallucinations started effecting me, I remember seeing loads of circle shaped patterns when I closed my eyes, I also remember listening to the song "No Sleep Blues" repeatedly because it's about insomnia, How fitting. :P 

The latest I've stayed up is 2 days. Christmas when I was a kid... I remember being so excited I couldn't get to sleep. I pulled out my gameboy advance SP and played mario & luigi superstar saga the entire night. I managed to take down the boss of Chateau de Chucklehuck by dealing two damage / turn to it. It took a long time, but that really didn't matter since I couldn't sleep anyway! :P

Now though... Probably a day and a half, then I'd crash. Hard.

• Brohoof 1

63 hours is my max so far. My will to do anything other than watch tv dwindles at about 30 hours...... 45 hours and I'm suddenly energetic again, and by 55 hours I'm talking to myself and every no living thing around me...... Very torturous

I stayed awake for a little over three days last time I was in the hospital. I was allowed to sleep but I couldn't, hospitals make me too anxious. I hope to never do that again. I ended up finally falling asleep, and when I woke up I started hallucinating fish people, and ripped the IV out of my arm. I then came to in the bathroom, my arm covered in blood, pretty scary stuff.

I think the key is using a means of capping interest in something if you are bored you just will get tired no matter how long it is you stay up, nothing like getting up and finding out your day is dull then going back to bed after 1 hour.

You know I have seriously tried to stay up and such... The only I can muster is maybe a little over a day. I have only once stayed up two days. But I really don't see how other people do it must not be healthy at all though. 

• Brohoof 1

Around two days, maybe more if I tried hard enough. I know I stayed up that time because it was my birthday and my friends were over and then my parents and I went to get something to drink and buy some things later that night. Kind of forgot about sleep. Gotta love Birthdays and Sleepovers. 

I just stayed up a day and a half and I was tired and ready to bite someones head off after that, so...yea, sleep may be for the weak, but it is also good as well!