Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many days can you go without sleep?

Tanner

My personal record is probably around 36 hours. I can pull all-nighters, but I have to be concentrating on something. 6-9 AM is where things are the most difficult - if I can get through this period I'm normally fine for the rest of the day. I don't think I could stay up for two full days however. I'm weak-willed when it comes to sleep.

I'm pretty bad about sleeping though. Only 3-4 hours a night, and I normally fall asleep when I get back home from school. Extremely unhealthy, but it's a habit.

(edited)

48 hours. It was a school week too. Sweet Celestia, I was drowsy. A conversation that day usually went something like this:

Random Friend: Hey Foxx! :D 

Me: Sup B)

Random friend: Got anything planned for the weekend? :)

Me: No, but I am going to have a massive bag of chips later today! :yay:

Random friend: What?? :huh:

Me: What? I like chips! :derp:

I need my sleep to function!

Loving those emoticons 

Edited by Foxx

45 Hours, that was due to emergency and I don't want to try one more time.

Worse for me situations whan you flying somewere, for example than I traveled from Russia to US it was day before plane, 10 hours in plane and I failed to sleep there, and after palne, in US, it was begining of same bucking day, that was awful.

Less than one :D

I usually stay up to about 2 a.m. and  wake up about 7:30. I'll sleep in certain classes when we're done with everything but that teacher doesn't let us have our phones.

If I went more than that time frame, I'd just die :D

Considering I have a mild yet undiagnosed case of insomnia, I have managed to go without sleep for four days at one point in time...

... after which, I just collapsed.

I can go days without sleep. I suffer from Chronic Insomnia.

I nap everyday during the day.

I love to sleep, so I would be very crabby without sleep because I'm so used to sleeping all the time during the day.

Edited by Samurott77

About 3-4 days.

I don't really care for sleep or the lack of it.

I'd say I don't have a problem with reaching 4 if I am outdoors.

Indoors I'd probably feel sick after loosing 3 nights of sleep.

Edited by A CrayZ Cat

1 and a half.

I tested myself many years ago to see how far I could go.

Needless to say, and the 1 and a half point, I fell asleep at my desk and woke up with keyboard keys imprinted onto my face.

During my senior year of high school I had crippling insomnia and there was a week where I hadn't gotten even a minute of sleep for a grand total of five days. In college, I think the most I've gone is one sleepless night with lots of nights that I only sleep for about 2 hours a piece. But high school was definitely my longest go without sleep...it was horrible...definitely do not recommend. 

2 days and 1 night. I had to do this due to my procrastination of my last year of finals before I got married. It was not good....Hope to never have to do that again....

I've gone a day and a half, all I was aware of was going to work, I have no idea what went down that night but I'm still employed there so the world must not have ended. I came home the next morning and crashed hard. 

Honestly I'd like to try to stay up longer but I'd require someone else to do it with me even if just online so I didn't get bored and decide I have nothing to do but fall asleep, or for someone to yell at me if I started to ;)

The longest single time I've ever stayed awake for, was 100 hours(give or take an hour or so). It was regarding a bet against another person.
I'm quite good at going without sleep. I absolutely love sleeping, but with enough stimulation, I do love being awake, and still often feel slightly down that I need to get to bed to wake up later for an event(such as work). It's not uncommon for me to go on a 30+ hour run, just doing stuff. I just sorta got used to it over the years, having always preferred nighttime over day(hence why I'm typing this at 2:30am), and my video game enthusiasm naturally fed my desire to stay awake for length periods of time.
Let me tell you now, though; past the 50-60 hour mark can quickly become a bad idea, especially if you lose things to keep your mind occupied(or lose your mind itself). I'm always in a state of tiredness, but that level stops becoming normal and fun.

I had an occasion where I was without sleep about 60 hours, but normally 36 hours is the point at which I absolutely cannot keep my eyes open any more.  As I get older, it's getting harder and harder to stay awake for long stretches... it's also getting more difficult to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time.

Way more often than I'd like, I lie awake in bed knowing that I *should* be sleeping.  I recently went on a trip where I traveled via Amtrak. I was up for about 20 hours, slept 2 right before I left and then really didn't sleep again for about 37 hours.  Then I woke up where I was staying and had a little freak-out because I was still in that half-asleep state so I wasn't sure if I was dreaming and the place I was seemed vaguely familiar (my Mom's house, where I'd been once before).

I am not at all a morning person, though, so I keep really weird hours if left to my own schedule.

• 4 years later...

I never attempted to find it out and I also don't want it. It can happen that I have a bad night with less sleep, but I was never awake more than one day in row. And this is good so.

I can go a couple of days, but afterwards I needed to go to sleep early the next time around or it becomes a problem. My anxiety sometimes causes this to happen, but it also doesn't help when there's a TV on when I'm trying to sleep blaring Phineas and Ferb through the early hours of the morning... :dry: