Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many days can you go without sleep?

Tanner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I can get to the cusp of 48 hours, but that is the absolute limit. And I am practically incapable of interaction towards the end. Any communication attempted will result in either crabbiness or gibberish.

After 8-12 hours without sleep I get dizzy, can't concentrate or come up with elaborate ideas, natural fatigue, can do more but wish I don't have to

Between 12 and 16h it's fine, I tend to get a bit paranoid and conspiratory, usually don't make a lot of sense to others when im talking

16-18h is again more diziness, I get irritated a bit also, always "en guarde" and alert

20-30h is again a bit of relief, I tend to look forward to being on the ground or any flat surface really to lie a bit, I fool myself that I won't sleep, usually will read a book or listen to a podcast and will sleep on it.

35+ zzzzzz... :scoots:

Best I did is almost 3 days so 60+ hours but I was starting to get really excited and weird and constantly had to talk to people not to fall asleep.

• 6 months later...

Longest I've gone without sleep is a day and a half, only did that once in order to complete a piece of work before a deadline but will never do it again. Succeeded in getting my work finished but felt like I fell of the edge a cliff with tiredness after that, could barely function at all and took days to get back my sleep back to normal and to feeling ok again.

First time I went overseas it  took around 33 hours in all to get there and I didn’t sleep a wink the entire time, and plus another 5 hours after we landed before our hotel room was ready.  So that long I know for sure. 

There was a time i had a string of calls late at night for work for three days, and only got an hour sleep each night for those three days.  That sucked. 

(edited)

I've stayed up for two days and one night, around 40 hours before. Couldn't do more and don't want to.

So many people are always bragging about how little they sleep. I think it's so annoying and I don't believe them anyway. 

Edited by Fluttershutter