338 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Title: Flight to the Finish
Air Date: December 14th, 2013
Synopsis: While trying to win the prestigious duty of carrying the Ponyville flag at the upcoming Equestria Games, the Cutie Mark Crusaders find themselves at odds with Scootaloo, who thinks that flying is the most impressive way to show their Ponyville pride.

The Equestria Games have returned :3 To likely get a far bigger role in the story than last time.

Alternative summary:

"Rainbow Dash is over the moon to be coaching the young ponies in Scootaloo’s class for their competition to carry the flag at the upcoming Equestria Games. Just as the Cutie Mark Crusaders find their rhythm, Diamond Tiara‘s taunting becomes too much to handle and Scootaloo begins to doubt herself and her team."

Methinks it's about time for the best fandom-concept-turned-canon-concept to have some official continuation, everypony :wub:

post-4006-0-12599500-1386993130.jpg

• Brohoof 17

Less than 2 hours remaining! I hope this episode sort of wraps up Scootaloo's flying problem. As much as I'd like to see her be able to fly I think I'd be happier with a bitter-sweet conclusion like permanently being grounded but accepting that that's who she is and sort of owning it. For me personally I think that would give Scootaloo that extra bit of character depth she deserves. I would bet against myself though and say that she eventually does though haha. 

Was anyone else's stream really choppy at the start? I Was bucking around for the first 15 minutes or so trying to find a decent stream until I decided to reset my net. So I missed out of the first song... Which means I'm staying up until it's on Youtube. 

What I actually thought about the episode? Even after seeing the episode I'm still glad she didn't fly, otherwise there wouldn't have been a lesson learned. Heck, If Scoots started flying at the end I'd even go as far to say that it was done simply as fan-service. As for the other parts of the episode I enjoyed the Hearts like Horses song, particularly the animation that went with it. The sunset scene with the CMC running along the road, I think, is one of the best looking scenes the show's had to offer. The whole Scoots breaking down the CMC was great too, every group has it's fallouts and I'm glad the writer addressed this in fact I really hope that Ed Valentine gets to write for more episodes, going by Flight to the Finish it seems as though he doesn't give in to writing the easy way out which is very respectable. Also, who else thought Scoots was going to get a cutie mark when the camera zoomed in on her flank? God knows I did (but I'm glad she didn't).

post-8423-0-94061800-1387084047_thumb.png

One of my favourite scenes in the whole series.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 14

Many months ago, not long after Sleepless in Ponyville aired, I wrote some of my thoughts about Scootalove in ~Chaotic Discord~'s topic here. I wrote that while the concept is cute and has potential, I still have some reservations, mostly because Rainbow Dash's and Scootaloo's relationship is underdeveloped in the show and I still have questions about how their relationship would work. Hopefully this episode will do something to answer some of those questions, so that I (and maybe others) can more fully join in the Scootalove train.

Aside from knowing that this is clearly going to be a Scootaloo episode, I honestly don't know what else to expect from this one, so kudos to DHX for playing things pretty close to the chest on this one.  Will we see the return of Scootalove?  Maybe, there's a definite possibility, but there's just as good a chance that this'll largely be an episode devoted to the CMC alone (though I hope not, seeing as Scootalove was my #1 favorite canon development in Season 3).  Will Scootaloo finally learn to fly?  At this point, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance it goes either way.  All we really know right now is that Scootaloo's flying problem is going to be addressed in this episode, so guess we'll have to just wait and see where things go from there, but again, major props to DHX for not revealing too much about this one; I'm sure they knew that this was one we were especially going to be looking out for, and I feel like the secrecy surrounding the exact events of the episode itself up until today bode well for the episode's quality.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 4

It would be interesting if Luna makes another appearance in this episode to feel more like a potential follow-up to Sleepless in Ponyville

• Brohoof 2

Aghhghgh...I'm going to miss the live streaming of this one, I've got to go to the store. X_X 

OMG Eris!!! I freaking love her so much!

In any case I'm on the brony tv stream right now. Only t minus 4 minuets and my dad is like siting right behind me unaware I'm watching ponies.

It's scary really!

And here we have another Scootaloo episode! I'll be honest, Sleepless in Ponyville did not do much for me- we didn't get much development for her there beyond her being an actual chicken and Rainbow Dash hugs, nothing I wanted to see anyway. However, it seems this episode will tackle her flying issue which I am very excited to see. Just that promise is enough, but I can only hope that we'll learn at least a little more about her here, like maybe see her parents or her home, ie things that I do want to see, but I guess the flying thing would be enough if it's handled well... yeah so in short, I'll be watching this one very eagerly... :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Anyone else like Snips and Snails slightly more after that opening sequence?

anyone got a link to a livestream or something? Please!

Haxmega's is a good one.
Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 9

Oh, neato, the return of Ms. Harshwhinny, very cool, very cool indeed, always love seeing supporting characters return.  :)

Also, Rainbow Dash always has to make an entrance, doesn't she?  ;)

Oh, neato, the return of Ms. Harshwhinny, very cool, very cool indeed, always love seeing supporting characters return. 

I like returning characters better new new ones to be honest. Much better attention to the characters they make. 

• Brohoof 1