NavelColt

S04:E05 - Flight to the Finish  

338 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I don't usually care for CMC episodes, but this one was actually really good. 

I'm not one of those types that super analyze the show and point out every flaw and every detail. I watch the show to watch the damn show. :lol:

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. Didn't entirely care for the song but the overall episode was really good :)

I give it 9/10

Also it was nice to FINALLY see Rainbow Dash get a little more involved with Scootaloo. Like we've been waiting for for a long time! Especially since Sleepless in Ponyville lol

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~

This episode seemed shorter than usual to me for some reason. I didn't feel like too much happened.

Didn't care much for the song, but it was nice to see some more CMC and Harshwinny

Edited by Guest

Goddammit, attending these early morning premieres is the same thing as trying to go to a movie on opening night. Way too many people so it's crowded, and can be hard to enjoy the movie when there's so much commotion. Getting sleep and waiting for it to get on Youtube in the afternoon and watch it yourself is usually so much more appealing. But, Megan inadvertently promised me Scootalove this season, so attending Scoot episodes is mandatory.

As it turned out, there wasn't nearly as much Scootalove as I had originally predicted, but I imagine it's something waiting in the wings still, at this point. And knowing that Scootaloo's problem with flight would be tackled eventually, I find it somehow fitting that it's been summed up as 'maybe you will fly, maybe you won't, but you're you and you're awesome no matter what' is the approach that, in hindsight, is the most obvious one they'd end up going with. It was also nice to see Ms.Forever Unamused and the Equestria Games reappear. That felt like a concept that got very little attention for the amount of potential it had, back in Games Ponies Play.

Harshwinny was a bitch, this episode. The bags under her eyes and fact her eyes with half closed the entire time hint to the fact that she got no sleep, like me.

Also, there's an example of those great songs that Megan was referring to in S4 :3 Very cool. For some reason, it reminds me 'Make a Man Out of You' from Mulan, but I'm not sure why.

Aaaaand that's all I can manage, for now.

• Brohoof 3

That means... Theres a cutiemark episode... OMFG

How so?

That was literally the biggest troll in MLP history. When Scootaloo lifted up her wing, I thought a cutie mark was gonna be there.

VERY FUNNY MEGHAN!

I KNOW. I GOT ALL WEIRD WHEN THE CAMERA SLOWLY ZOOMED TO HER FLANK, AS IF A CUTIE MARK WAS ABOUT TO APPEAR!

• Brohoof 1

Well I must say that was certainly a delightful episode!  Surprising, but very pleasantly so, to see that the writers chose to (most likely) stay true to Lauren Faust's original vision concerning Scootaloo and her inability to fly.  Very sad that I won't be here for the premiere of next week's superhero-themed episode, seeing as my family and I will be traveling to Green Bay for the Packers game on Sunday, but I can't wait for when I do get to see it!  As for this episode, I'll be sure to have a full review written for it soon.  :D

REVIEW TIME!

I honestly loved this episode! Amazing moral, catchy song, great character development... Everything was amazing!

I officaly love Mrs.Harshwinny now

Rainbow Dash was great as always

Scootaloo was amazing

Apple bloom got on my nerves at some point, but I can let it go..

And Sweetie Belle was cool too  :lol:

Overall i give this episode a 4/5 (8/10)

By far the best episode of the season so far (2 parters are not included when i do these btw)

So yes, a round of applause to whoever wrote this episode :catface:

• Brohoof 2

As an episode I thought it was..........okay, but my roommate who has spinabifida (and is wheelchair bound) loved it. He said that most shows that deal with disabled characters are extremely patronizing, but this did it very well.

• Brohoof 2

That was awesome, I loved the episode. Though the song "we have hearts as strong as horses" was a bit weird.. Anyway, great episode and it just showed that Scootaloo is getting closer to discovering her talent and just taught a lesson that we should just be proud of what we have.

Scootaloo may not be able to fly, but it appears she's at least almost as fast as a train. An adorable episode overall, yet DT and SS need to be kicked. Could either of them of been bigger jerks throughout this episode.

• Brohoof 2

I don't have much to say about this episode. I'm really really glad Scootaloo didn't fly, so that there is a stronger episode and moral. :) The pacing was a little odd at parts, but other than that I loved everything about this episode. Rainbow Dash was great in this episode, and I'm glad to see Ms. Harshwhinny again. The song was okay, but I think I liked the visuals more. The good episode streak countines. :D

• Brohoof 2

Goddammit, attending these early morning premieres is the same thing as trying to go to a movie on opening night. Way too many people so it's crowded, and can be hard to enjoy the movie when there's so much commotion. Getting sleep and waiting for it to get on Youtube in the afternoon and watch it yourself is usually so much more appealing. But, Megan inadvertently promised me Scootalove this season, so attending Scoot episodes is mandatory.

As it turned out, there wasn't nearly as much Scootalove as I had originally predicted, but I imagine it's something waiting in the wings still, at this point. And knowing that Scootaloo's problem with flight would be tackled eventually, I find it somehow fitting that it's been summed up as 'maybe you will fly, maybe you won't, but you're you and you're awesome no matter what' is the approach that, in hindsight, is the most obvious one they'd end up going with. It was also nice to see Ms.Forever Unamused and the Equestria Games reappear. That felt like a concept that got very little attention for the amount of potential it had, back in Games Ponies Play.

Harshwinny was a bitch, this episode. The bags under her eyes and fact her eyes with half closed the entire time hint to the fact that she got no sleep, like me.

Also, there's an example of those great songs that Megan was referring to in S4 :3 Very cool. For some reason, it reminds me 'Make a Man Out of You' from Mulan, but I'm not sure why.

Aaaaand that's all I can manage, for now.

Interesting response.......

Seemed shorter than usual to me for some reason. I don't feel like too much happened this episode...

It's the only flaw with the episode. Not much happens.

Well that was kind of a troll at the end but other than that, THAT WAS SO ADORABLE, I CAN'T EVEN, ahem, sorry about that, also I liked the song.

Maintain that PROFESSIONALISM, Chickorita! :D

I'm glad Scootaloo can't fly yet, but someone really needs a cutie mark. Anyone else thinks she should've gotten her cutie mark here.

It's too early in the series for them to get their cutie-marks; they should search more yet, keeps it dramatic

I KNOW. I GOT ALL WEIRD WHEN THE CAMERA SLOWLY ZOOMED TO HER FLANK, AS IF A CUTIE MARK WAS ABOUT TO APPEAR!

YES THANK YOU! When that slow music came on and was going to Scootaloo's flank, I thought a freaking cutie mark was gonna be there. BUT NO!!

Very good troll Megan.

Slow_Clap_RE_ITS_A_GIF_PARTY-s420x315-14

• Brohoof 3

Wow. That was great. Some of the best conflict I've seen in aCMC episode. And I loved that it wasn't just Dashie being Dashie and that there was conflict in her part too.

The message of the story was great and fit in with the theme of their display.

And the song. Wow. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was refreshing. Didn't sound like anything they've done on the show so far.

This really is looking to be the best season of the series yet. Next week's episode looks like an early Christmas present!

• Brohoof 3

The pacing was a little odd at parts,

Yeah towards the end especially. This episode felt kind of short to me honestly. I don't know maybe there just was some parts that could be removed like DT and SS teasing so we could  have more Scoots and Dash moments.

• Brohoof 2

It's too early in the series for them to get their cutie-marks; they should search more yet, keeps it dramatic

Not entirely.....truth be told the have been searching for quite awhile and Show Stoppers pretty  much told us what they would be.

I'm simply saying at least one of them should get a cutie mark.

• Brohoof 1

... I really didn't like this episode. It was fun at first, but once the episode allowed Diamond Tiara and SIlver Spoon to speak, the curse of their existence really lead me to dislike it. I'm never able to bear it when those two are allowed to have a speaking role. Because they always suck.

Aside from that, though, that ending was RUSHED AS ALL TARTARUS. Like, the whole Magical Mystery Cure episode didn't even compare. It just ended.

Look, I don't hate the episode. It's certainly better than Ponyviille Confidential. But I'm disappointed in it. And I really hope next week's episode is better.

• Brohoof 5