Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The best OC you've seen?

Inactive01

Something just popped in my head. There has been great criticism and backlash against the abundance of terrible OCs in the MLP world. That got me thinking. We need OCs to act as role-models for others so that they can make (at the very least) a decent OC in the future. It certainly gives them absolutely no excuse to make a terrible OC anymore. 

So yeah. Which OC has been the best you've ever witnessed? It could be a lot of depth in their plot, outstanding appearance, or even just closest to FiM canon. 

(I hope this thread doesn't become a thread of flattery though)

I really wish I could remember the name of the OC I'm thinking of. It belongs to a member of the site and whenever I hear OC an image of it always pops into my head. Not being able to remember is going to drive me crazy. It was in a league of it's own.

Do you remember what was really amazing about that OC in particular? 

Do you remember what was really amazing about that OC in particular? 

Saying "everything" would be a little lazy but it's true haha. What really made it stand out though was the highlights and shadows the artist used. It gave the character a really unique look but it still stayed true to the shows style. 

• Brohoof 1

Ah, I see you got this idea from the other thread. Okay, let's take a crack at it.

I'd have to say one of the best I've seen is Peach Palette. I mostly rate based on design though, as I don't really read too much into backstories or anything. But she's an excellent designer and has many more great OCs that I could easily mention, but don't want to as other people need credit where it is due as well. 

Another one of my favorites is Queen Amaterasu. I drew that, yes. But the design was not my own. It was by PuddingValkyrie and is one of the best renditions of Celestia/Luna's mothers I have ever seen. The colors are like candy to your eyes. Soft refreshing pastels, just like the show. They're warm and fit the motherly theme quite nicely.

Then there is JanAnimations, who has a tendency to create consistently excellent ones. I'll have to point to Button Mash's mother as my favorite of his. I know loads of others like her too. Just so simple, subtly colored, with a beautiful mane style. :3 I must say, I don't like her voice actress. But still. Great design.

• Brohoof 2

Ah, I see you got this idea from the other thread. Okay, let's take a crack at it.

I'd have to say one of the best I've seen is Peach Palette. I mostly rate based on design though, as I don't really read too much into backstories or anything. But she's an excellent designer and has many more great OCs that I could easily mention, but don't want to as other people need credit where it is due as well. 

Another one of my favorites is Queen Amaterasu. I drew that, yes. But the design was not my own. It was by PuddingValkyrie and is one of the best renditions of Celestia/Luna's mothers I have ever seen. The colors are like candy to your eyes. Soft refreshing pastels, just like the show. They're warm and fit the motherly theme quite nicely.

Then there is JanAnimations, who has a tendency to create consistently excellent ones. I'll have to point to <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131116213322/mlpfanart/images/9/96/Button_Mash" href="http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131116213322/mlpfanart/images/9/96/Button_Mash" s_mother.jpg"="">Button Mash's mother as my favorite of his. I know loads of others like her too. Just so simple, subtly colored, with a beautiful mane style. :3 I must say, I don't like her voice actress. But still. Great design.

I can see why you liked all those OCs... They look so mouth-watering!! Their appearance is already enough to give out a lot of room for an interesting backstory! *mouth begins to water* Also, Button's Mom... ahhh... I know how you feel. She's just... alluring. That's all I'll say  :lol: .

And yes I took the idea from the other thread. We need some role-models of excellence, not suckage! 

i really like the OC of a member of my first RP, Thunderdash.. i like how he looks and his ability... even if he is a pegasus he can use electricty to make stuff he wants appear

• Brohoof 1

Flufflepuff is one of my all time favorites. I love the sense of humor behind the character.

I also love Fluffle Puff. She's one of those silent characters who's just... cute. Makes me wonder where she's from.

• Brohoof 3

Sure, there are many unpleasing OC's out there, but there's also a good number of great looking OC's as well.

One of my personal favorites has to be from the main writer's of the show, Sabrina, who has an adorable OC! Sibsy!

img-2121417-1-wildfire__aka_sibsy__by_ha

I agree with you there, she is awesome. I don't really know if she counts as an oc anymore considering her having a speaking role in the show.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with you there, she is awesome. I don't really know if she counts as an oc anymore considering her having a speaking role in the show.

She still counts, any OC in the show or not counts as one.

Edited by DXSilverX