Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.

pleasedontcomeback

This is something about the movie I can't understand, they were obviously trying to avoid racial issues, but seriously? In this day and age? If other shows aren't afraid to have characters of human races, why should they have? I've heard some people say it was to not mess with anyone's head canon, but that's a really stupid reason, because who cares about what somebody's head-canon is?

So in the end, they looked like a bunch of freaks. It works with the ponies in the show because they look so unfamiliar to anything in real life (even the horses which they're meant to resemble) so it doesn't look odd to see them in unrealistic colors. But the humans in the movie looked too human, so the odd skin colors just looked bizarre. Some were okay, others just looked wrong.

Although, Big Mac in the movie had caucassian skin color, which is really odd. I believe he was the only one with human skin color. Why only him I don't know.

To me, I feel it would have been better to show realistic skin colors/body types on the characters. With the message of friendship in the show, it can reinforce a lesson that anyone can be friends with anyone, regardless of differences. 

With Big Mac, I don't know why either. I guess that maybe if they chose the color pink since its a lighter shade of red they thought it would look odd to their younger audience. If that's the case they could have gone with a lighter shade of red-orange, maybe an orangish-salmon color?

Edited by IHasTwi
  • Brohoof 1

To me, I feel it would have been better to show realistic skin colors/body types on the characters. With the message of friendship in the show, it can reinforce a lesson that anyone can be friends with anyone, regardless of differences. 

With Big Mac, I don't know why either. I guess that maybe if they chose the color pink since its a lighter shade of red they thought it would look odd to their younger audience. If that's the case they could have gone with a lighter shade of red-orange, maybe an orangish-salmon color?

most of them had different colored skin, so i don't know, but whats the big deal? The color of our skin is a regular color too, they probably radomly generated colors for it, and that color worked. It's like freaking out about seeing a real life horse black with a blond mane, its uncommon, not insane

I liked this movie, but not in the same way other might.   I will admit it was Poorly writen (after she went thru the mirror) and I really really did not like the Human design.  It was too similar to Monster High, Like it was made Specificly to compete with that Show.

I liked the call outs to the Show and Fandom in the movie and while the story was meh  it could of been better.   

Some of the "plot holes"  of this film I probly could explain "thereorize" .  Maybe I should do a post rationalizing the problems many people have with the film. lol.  Not that it would make the movie any better,  just be somethng fun to think about.

I think, most simply put, this just about explains everything:

I loved Equestria Girls! But that above, and simply the concept of it, I could see how it would get the hate. I wasn't too fond of it myself until I watched it.

• Brohoof 4

This has been said time and time again, and Tommy Oliver did a 4 part series on why he doesn't like equestria girls. The issue is that they took relatively mature and though out characters, took two demi-gods who control the sun and the moon, took a princess, who had just ascended to demi-god hood, and down graded them all to highschool tropes and cliches, made demi-gods high school princesses, made no since by the logic established by the FIM series itself, stepped all over its own cannon, and was basically the attack of the clones of the MLP universe. 

Well, the reasons I hate it is:

-As people have stated before, the cliché high school setting

-Bad dialogue

-People have HUGE feet

-Spike being a PURPLE AND GREEN talking dog.

-Songs...    :eww:

And that's it, really.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, why all the hate?

IMHO, I believe the hate steams from modern television and internet based entertainment that hits hard, and deep. Creating a fanbase that belove and worship it, only to die a few years (or months) later. This is known as the "fast food show". Many MLP fans first heard of EQgirls and thought that this would spell the end and doom the mane (see what i did there) series to a quick death.

Thankfully many of the neigh sayers (oh snap twice!) have come around as the third and fourth and now fifth season has locked the show to live on. In fact most of the "haters" of the Film back in May of last year have come around so hard they now laugh at the sillyness of it and eye roll at such HOOOOORRRRRRIBLE elements like Flash Sentry, or Demonshimmer. We have come full circle and relaxed our fears of it hurting our oh so precious and special show.

Today you will find few true haters and instead those that are now needle picking the film apart. Do enjoy there reviews, they are a great laugh, but dont take them to far to heart. Else you will start picking apart the main series episodes as well, and then your doomed to just being another internet jerk who is lonely.

BRING ON EQGIRLS 2!!

• 3 months later...
(edited)

well I know a lot of the fandom is hating on this film and its upcoming sequel but what is so bad about the show, I enjoyed it, but that is probably just me but this show was not so bad, the characters still had there personality and still the same animation. the story was not the best but it was a decent movie.

Edited by Lankman
  • Brohoof 3

I can understand why - there's a lot of flaws in it. 

I enjoyed the movie because I thought it was fun and I found it entertaining, which, is all that matters - I can understand the criticisms it gets, though. Hopefully Rainbow Rocks will be written better :D

• Brohoof 7

My major complaints of the film follow the placement of Flash Sentry, who was a utterly useless plot device, and Sunset Shimmer's anticlimactic resolve. Everything else was fine......ish.  

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well, there's nothing majorly wrong with it to me. It's just boring.

The high school setting is one I've never liked, it always makes me feel very agitated. The character of Flash Sentry lacks any kind of personality or depth. Most of the songs I didn't like very much. The designs of the characters don't appeal to me that much, then again humanized ponies never do.

The only things I really liked were some of the jokes and references, and Sunset Shimmer. I actually liked the character but I thought she would have been better if this didn't take place in a school, and she wasn't redeemed so damn quickly.

Edited by BasementPony
  • Brohoof 5

The only things I actually liked was the song, and the character of Sunset Shimmer. The idea of a former student of Celestia who got too ambitious and became evil is nice, but the way she was defeated and redeemed so fast was bad. I like it better when the villain just gets his/her butt kicked. If you want to redeem a villain, do it the same way as Discord - gradually and over multiple episodes, with a few steps back, and make it a big surprise when it really does happen. That was much much better.

I didn't like the way the Mane 6 were all wearing skirts (even Applejack and Rainbow Dash? Are you bucking kidding me?), or their weird, Barbie-like proportions, or the high school setting either, especially since they are all working adults back in Equestria.

Plus, there were lots of small unrealistic things, like nobody questioning the sudden appearance of human Twilight, Twilight not going to a single class, and the fact that Sunset most likely murdered the human Sunset who must have already been there, considering every pony has a human counterpart (which means there must have been another human Twilight too...).

• Brohoof 4

Well, I really liked it.  

There were a ton of plot holes holes, though.  TONS.  Like Twilight could have just said that the crown was hers in the beginning and left instead of risking losing it trying to win a competition.

At the end when Sunset threatened to smash the portal, that weapon would have gone right through that portal and Twilight should have been smart enough to know that.

And people didn't seem to like the love interest thrown in.  Which I understand, that's not what MLP is supposed to be about.  But Rarity has been given a few love interests, so it's not like it's too out of character for the show.  It was just an innocent crush anyways, it's not like they were actually getting together.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Personally, I thought the movie itself was alright. But I think a lot of people (including me) were biased against humanizing the ponies, in addition to the high school setting. I know I would rather have a pony movie instead of Rainbow Rocks.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1

It was fun, but I can't deny it has it flaws, like the ex-boyfriend subplot (it wasn't important to the main plot, and came out of nowhere), Flash and Sunny, were quite bland and unexplored, etc, but it was quite enjoyable. At least they introduced a new world to make more plots with out favorite ponies counterparts, and hopefully, it'll improve the world of Equestria Girls with Rainbow Rocks and Equestria Academy 

• Brohoof 1

I don't like the sterotypical highschool setting, and I prefer the ponies to be...ponies...and not humans.

The idea of a former student of Celestia who got too ambitious and became evil is nice...

I agree completely with this.

• Brohoof 2