Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Oh wow... where are all these votes coming from... One day I only get 60 votes in a single matchday, and all of a sudden, I reach that goal in less than 12 hours. I hope you guys vote this aggressively at the World Cup.

Oh wow... where are all these votes coming from... One day I only get 60 votes in a single matchday, and all of a sudden, I reach that goal in less than 12 hours. I hope you guys vote this aggressively at the World Cup.

I've just been remembering to come back to this thread lately, forgot it changes daily.  :lol:

(edited)

Well at this rate, Lightning Dust will be eliminated from contention... We will begin Matchday 7 in 2 hours... the home stretch... the final matchday... Two key matchups will begin in earnest...

Group A

In this group, you guys are going to decide who goes to the World Cup with Applejack to close Group A. It is a choice between one of the most famous mothers in MLP and a certain controversial pet. Both characters have made it far throughout the stages, gathering key wins along the way while standing their ground as underdogs. Can Mrs. Cake get the win she needs to jump past Angel to get 16 points, or will Angel hold off the relentless mother with a draw or a win?

Group B:

Another nail-biter will bring Group B to a close. In this group, you guys will decide who gets to sit with Big Macintosh on Flight MLPF to the World Cup. Two characters are tied at 15 points. One is the most well-loved nanny in Ponyville, having been among the group to found the beloved town. The other is a fan-favourite, a video gamer of the highest quality. A draw or better would see Granny Smith through, while Button Mash is pressured with a must-win... Can Granny Smith smash the Mash Button on him, or will Button Mash successfully buck Granny Smith out of the farm with the B button?

Groups A and B... next.

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 3

I hope Granny Smith wins over a character with one second of screen time. Also, I hope Angel Bunny is finally crushed this time with Ms. Cake. She's so sweet and she better not lose to that rotten bunny. Button Mash (and Bunny), you're court marshaled!

Granny_Smith_inspecting_jars_2_S2E12.png

Mrs._Cake_panicking_near_CMC_S02E17.png

Edited by broniesvote4Twiley
  • Brohoof 3

OK guys, I'm just gonna say it because it seriously needs to be said, Granny Smith better come out on top of Button Mash in this one.  Button's cool and all, but when you get down to it we've got an OC from some amazing fan animations vs. one of the best supporting characters on the show, the matriarch of the Apple Family, the only parental figure left in the rest of the Ponyville Apples' lives, and a mare who played a vital role in the founding of Ponyville.  Yeah, I think it's apparent who should beat who here and go on to the tournament.  :mellow:

If you need anymore convincing, just watch this scene.  To this day, I seriously consider this to not only be one of the greatest scenes of Season 2, but one of the greatest scenes in the entire show.  Hits me right in the feels every time.  :(

RIGHT IN THE FEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!  :(  :(  :(

• Brohoof 6

Yay, go Applejack! :yay:

Go Granny Smith as well, she deserves it way more definitely. ;)

Dunno why so many people are voting for Angel though, can't say I understand since I don't like him at all. :P

• Brohoof 6

Groups A and B! You know what this means right? APPLE FAMILY TIME!!! :huh::mellow::catface:

roflbot.jpg

Seriously, though? Button Mash currently has a lot more support than he's worth. I will be all to pieces disappointed if Granny Smith doesn't win this. The mare who helped found Ponyville, the head honcho of Sweet Apple Acres, and a loving grandmother to her three grandchildren whom she has provided much wisdom and guidance to. Do the right thing and VOTE FOR GRANNY!

And you should obviously vote for Applejack, Winona, and Big Mac too, but luckily I have no reason to worry about them.... just yet anyway. ;)

Young-Granny-Smith-my-little-pony-friend

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 6

So... However is Twist winning?  :blink:

Because nopony remembers that Truffle Shuffle is the amazing colt who donned a fez in "Ponyville Confidential"!!!  :angry:

truffle_shuffle_has_swag_by_bakabrony-d4

SO MUCH SWAG!!!  :o  

Because nopony remembers that Truffle Shuffle is the amazing colt who donned a fez in "Ponyville Confidential"!!! 

I know, right?! Truffle Shuffle fulfills the role of being the cute but slightly ditzy background character, while Twist fulfills the role of the annoying background character.

• Brohoof 1

Keep those votes coming! An update on the World Cup matchups:

At the half-way point, Angel and Granny Smith seem set to go to the World Cup, but the matches are too tight to tell!

It's currently 31-29 to Angel  and 32-28 to Granny Smith right now, but anything can change!

Applejack is "overlooked" and "widely disliked"?  Well don't look now, but our favorite "background" pony is on the verge of shutting out Upper Crust in the current voting!  :D 

Today's votes were very easy.  Either vote for Apples, or other characters you like a lot.  Winona is easily going to defeat the Diamond Dogs and the irony isn't lost on me.  :) 

So... However is Twist winning? :blink:

Fan sympathy.  Apple Bloom forgot all about her when she became friends with Sweetie and Scoots.  :( 

• Brohoof 4

Go Angel bunny. Go! Fully supporting my waifu's pet.

Angel actually had close calls to losing three times over to Mrs. Cake, Flitter, and Mrs. Cake again.

I voted for Mrs. Cake on this one, since I don't conceivably know how both Flitter and Mrs. Cake lost to a bunny.

Angel actually had close calls to losing three times over to Mrs. Cake, Flitter, and Mrs. Cake again.

I voted for Mrs. Cake on this one, since I don't conceivably know how both Flitter and Mrs. Cake lost to a bunny.

Angel's only faced Mrs. Cake once, and that's today.

Angel's only faced Mrs. Cake once, and that's today.

Mrs. Cake once had the same score as Angel, but lower votes. In the former two matchdays, if Angel lost or draw in any way, then Mrs. Cake would have taken her place, assuming Flitter didn't beat her.

6 hours until Groups A and B end... an update on your World Cup Choices!

After what initially was a tough match, it looks like Angel is beginning to bounce past Mrs. Cake. The score is currently 47-33 to Angel.

The match between Granny Smith and Button Mash has remained competitive the whole day, where leads were switched multiple times throughout the voting period. However, Button Mash received 5 unanswered votes and now the score is 42-38 in Button's favour!

Yea he was  close to getting eliminated previously. But looks like he's gonna go on to the next round again.

Angel is best pet ;)