Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

I had a change of heart 30 minutes before the last poll closed. Granny Smith and Button Mash were tied 60-60. I decided Granny Smith deserved to go on. :3

As for this round, let's go Pipsqueak! :D

0mi2npL.png?2

Edited by Moon Moon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Do you guys vote with a strategy in mind? I highly suggest you do. You see, Dr. Whooves and Soarin will only be separated by vote differential if they both win. Which do you want in the World Cup more? By the looks of it, Dr. Whooves will just squeak through, but Soarin can still fly past him if he gets more votes compared to Dr. Whooves (just needs 3 at this point).

Edited by Sterling Crimson

Do you guys vote with a strategy in mind? I highly suggest you do. You see, Dr. Whooves and Soarin will only be separated by vote differential if they both win. Which do you want in the World Cup more? By the looks of it, Dr. Whooves will just squeak through, but Soarin can still fly past him if he gets more votes compared to Dr. Whooves (just needs 3 at this point).

You know, several ponies would have WON over the first place or runner-up if people voted more wisely. Matchday 6 was an utter disappointment.

As of now, Dr. Whooves and Princess Celestia will be the next qualifiers for the 2014 MLPF World Cup. 

Preview of tonight's matches:

Group E:

Octavia has the one-up on Babs Seed after taking a strong, assertive win over her back at Matchday 5. All she needs now is a draw to qualify, while Babs Seed has what can be considered an insurmountable task, needing a win by at least 59 clear votes over Octavia AND an Octavia loss. For now... it seems almost certain that Octavia will follow Pinkie Pie out of Group E to the World Cup...

Group F:

In this group, you will have direct control over who qualifies to the 2014 MLPF World Cup from Group F with Rainbow Dash. You will decide between Lyra's best friend, a pony well known for being named after a French candy treat, and Derpy Hooves' fanom sister. Can Bon Bon shoot the sweets out on Dinky Doo, or will Dinky Doo spit them right back at Bon Bon to qualify for the 2014 MLPF World Cup?

Groups E and F... next.

With half an hour to go... Dr. Whooves and Soarin are exactly tied for 2nd... how are we going to resolve this... The best way I can resolve it is to use a random draw, BUT we have to remember that Soarin technically "won" over Dr. Whooves 39-38 but was considered a draw because Soarin didn't get the extra vote to make ir 40-38... The one vote that made it 39-38... would make the difference now. Because Soarin has one extra vote over Dr. Whooves... 

Edited by Sterling Crimson

This time, there is no fun and games in earning your spot to qualify! With time running out, the slumber parties and tickle fights end now! Groups E and F, earn your spots!

pinkiepie.png

Here, have a cute Pinkie Pie.

Totally accidentally voted for Pumpkin Cake because I read the other option as Pumpkin Pie and I didn't know who that was oops lol

So Dinky Doo is cute and all that but that Bon Bon. Her design is one of my favorites. That, and she's best friends with best background pony Lyra...

mistletoe_by_tsurime-d5yb1gf.jpg

• Brohoof 1

:o ...

:o ...

The buck is this crap?!?!  :okiedokielokie:   Friggin' Soarin' got into the tournament over Dr. Whooves?!?!?  Why I oughta- wait, what the buck, what's going-  :huh:

derpy_hooves_by_ec8er-d3kyluk.png

:blink: Uh oh.

mlfw2253-13267666821824.png

Grrrrr... SOARIN'!!!!!!!!  You kept my muffin out of the tournament!!!  We were going to be there right alongside each other every step of the way, but then YOU come along and screw all of that up.  Celestia is my witness, if we face each other, I'm going to throttle you, DO YOU HEAR ME!!!  :angry:  Nopony messes with my Doctor and gets away with it, NOPONY!!!!!!!

If you and I square off, pray... pray for your life, because there is nothing on this earth that will stop me from laying the most brutal beat down on you that I possibly can.  FEAR MY WRATH YOU SWINE!!!!!!!!!!  :angry: 

Now if you'll excuse me everypony, I need to go comfort my Doctor.  :( 

dr__whooves_and_derpy_by_sonica_michi-d5

You're a winner to me no matter what some poll says.

Oh... well, th-thank you Derpy, that's... wow, I should lose at things more often.

Oh, before I go, don't forget to vote for my other muffin, little Dinky Doo!  :muffins:  The Doctor might not be in, but there's still a chance my little muffin and I might get to compete with each other!!!

doctor___derpy___dinky_by_sirhcx-d5sauvd

Please do vote for her... or else.  :okiedokielokie:   I won't go into specifics, but let's just say you won't want to see me if both of my muffins don't get in.

angry_derpy_by_wrathe64-d3bxdjm.jpg

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 4

snip

Batbrony, I just gotta say, you are without a shadow of a doubt, the most passionate competitor in this tournament (or any for that matter. You were this way during the March Madness Tourney too). I don't even care if I agree or disagree with your choices. I'm just glad to see you here fighting so feverishly for your favorite ponies because your enthusiasm emanates from every post your write, seriously. You're representing mere background ponies and somehow making them seem so exciting. I hope the best for all of your favorites. Stay awesome and keep it up! B)

That said, I am supporting Dinky Do so good luck to her! :muffins:  I'm also voting for Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Babs, Octavia, Ahuizotl, Peachbottom, and Apple Cobbler. :3

• Brohoof 3

snip

Awww, thanks SC, that really means a lot coming from you! :muffins:  All things considered I started out this tournament pretty chill, but then Derpy just walloped Princess Celestia of all things and since then my blood's been boiling with excitement! B)  I really, really did want the whole Hooves family to get in, so the Doctor losing does kind of seriously tick me off, and I'll be even more disappointed if poor Dinky doesn't get in.  Somebody's gotta represent these characters who have more going for them than we see in the show, and might as well be me; they may not do a whole lot, but that doesn't mean they can't be great characters in other formats if you just get a little creative and use your imagination, and that's what I love about them, especially Derpy.

Best of luck to the Apple Family sans Winona once the tournament gets going, I'm sure they'll all do great!  :catface:

• Brohoof 2

Batbrony, I just gotta say, you are without a shadow of a doubt, the most passionate competitor in this tournament (or any for that matter. You were this way during the March Madness Tourney too). I don't even care if I agree or disagree with your choices. I'm just glad to see you here fighting so feverishly for your favorite ponies because your enthusiasm emanates from every post your write, seriously. You're representing mere background ponies and somehow making them seem so exciting. I hope the best for all of your favorites. Stay awesome and keep it up! B)

That said, I am supporting Dinky Do so good luck to her! :muffins:  I'm also voting for Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Babs, Octavia, Ahuizotl, Peachbottom, and Apple Cobbler. :3

No, I am the most passionate competitor. I'm actually a bit glad that Soarin' won, since he hasn't gotten much attention until now, despite being one of our favorite Wonderbolts.

Dang, Bon Bon vs Dinky seems heated :o

I think Bon Bon might be more deserving though. Not a huge fan of either pony, but I've said how I felt about Dinky(or at least her fanon) before so... yeah. >_>

I guess she is somewhat adorable though, but that's a given for any little filly character

Also, too bad about Babs Seed but, Octavia must go on. :D

Dinky may be down, but she's hardly out of this thing yet.  Time to break out the big guns.  Vote for Dinky Doo everypony, you know you simply cannot resist the cuteness.  DO NOT RESIST THE CUTENESS!!!! :angry:  I've heard it's bad for one's health, true story.  -_-

dinky_sittinng_pretty_by_axemgr-d4ce6s6.

tumblr_mqe6zf5ZTC1rpb34po1_1280.png

82394%2B-%2BAlula%2BDitzy_Doo%2BNoi%2BPl

sparkler_and_dinky_by_equestria_prevails

56841%2B-%2BDitzy_Doo%2Bcute%2Bderpy_hoo

cloud_surfing_by_mylittlesheepy-d52toc2.

• Brohoof 3

Bon Bon vs Dinky Doo is looking VERY tight right... but Dinky Doo is still down by 2 votes! All she needs is a draw to qualify, so she's not far! It is currently 35-33 to Bon Bon

A preview of tonight's matches...

Group G

There are three characters fighting to go with Twilight Sparkle to the World Cup. Two of them will fight each other for the spot, while the other may arguably have an easier foe. An inanimate rock can eliminate an evil tyrant with at least a draw, but a win will assure its qualification. The Mayor of Ponyville will need some help from the King. She needs to beat Diamond Tiara, while hoping that King Sombra wins to get through. The King however... may have other plans. He needs to win by enough votes against the Rock to assure qualification...

A complicated jumble in Group G... how will it end... Will Tom the Rock smash the other two out of the park with a win? Will King Sombra feast on the crystals of victory? Or will Mayor Mare assume what she feels is her elected World Cup ticket?

Group H

While Fluttershy and Lyra have already qualified from this group, questions still arise as to who will win the group. Lyra needs to hope for a Fluttershy loss, coupled with a large enough victory to steal top spot from her. Fluttershy on the other hand... just needs a draw...

Groups G and H... next.

I hope you guys don't vote past 9:15 pm tonight. I have orchestra again, and I don't want you cheating on me because I'll be back late :P

Dinky may be down, but she's hardly out of this thing yet.  Time to break out the big guns.  Vote for Dinky Doo everypony, you know you simply cannot resist the cuteness.  DO NOT RESIST THE CUTENESS!!!! :angry:  I've heard it's bad for one's health, true story.  -_-

img-2292461-1-dinky_sittinng_pretty_by_a

img-2292461-2-tumblr_mqe6zf5ZTC1rpb34po1

img-2292461-3-82394+-+Alula+Ditzy_Doo+No

img-2292461-4-sparkler_and_dinky_by_eque

img-2292461-5-56841+-+Ditzy_Doo+cute+der

img-2292461-6-cloud_surfing_by_mylittles

I don't know why, but this in a montage would go great with The Turtles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFyTHc9IgKU

So Congratulations to Octavia and Dinky Doo for qualifying to the 2014 MLPF World Cup! I've extended the deadline for mascot entries to March 1st, BUT I will only allow ONE MASCOT ENTRY PER CONTESTANT.

So Congratulations to Octavia and Dinky Doo for qualifying to the 2014 MLPF World Cup! I've extended the deadline for mascot entries to March 1st, BUT I will only allow ONE MASCOT ENTRY PER CONTESTANT.

What if I wanted to have the mascot be more than one representative? I had a concept where three different 'mascots' together represented the contest. Would I be allowed to submit them as a group?

What if I wanted to have the mascot be more than one representative? I had a concept where three different 'mascots' together represented the contest. Would I be allowed to submit them as a group?

You may submit them as a group :) Group mascots are allowed, but I will only allow one entry :)