Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Wow... we're almost done World Cup Qualifying... time flies by doesn't it? Well, a preview of the very last day of matchups.

Group O

In this group, you'll have one more huge battle that will decide who qualifies for the 2014 MLPF World Cup with Princess Cadence. Both characters are tied at 15 points, and a win for either one would book their ticket. Your choice? An oriental zebra who resides in the Everfree Forest... and the pet of a well loved Mane 6 character... a certain Pinkie Pie... Can Zecora rhyme her way into the World Cup, or does Gummy's toothless mouth have some bite to it?

Group P

In the very final qualifying group, Twilight Sparkle's handsome brother is a draw away from qualification. Meanwhile, our resident dentist needs a loss from Shining Armor coupled with a big enough win to get past him...

Voted for Cadence, Zecora, Lightning Dust, Chrysalis, Iron Will, Silver Spoon, Cranky and Thunderhooves. Glad to see that best boy qualified last round :). Can't take that for granted, the way some of these matches have been going >_>

• Brohoof 1

Voted for Cadence, Zecora, Lightning Dust, Chrysalis, Iron Will, Silver Spoon, Cranky and Thunderhooves. Glad to see that best boy qualified last round :). Can't take that for granted, the way some of these matches have been going >_>

This guy knows who to vote for! :D

Coincidentally, I voted for all of the same characters. Too bad Cranky will lose. >_>

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

This is the last day before we head to the real World Cup, so let's get this train rolling!

TheHeartsandHoovesDayCard.png

Voted for Cadence, Zecora, Chief Thunderhooves, Lightning Dust, Chrysalis, Silver Spoon, Iron Will, and Shining Armor.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

Guys... I was wondering for a bit... I really want the World Cup to start on June 12... but it just seems so far away... what do you guys think? I personally think it's epic to have the MLPF World Cup in conjunction with the FIFA World Cup. At the same time, it's so far away... and I'm so excited at starting the tournament early! I'll probably keep the World Cup date at June 12...

BUT SO YOU KNOW... A LOT will happen between now and the World Cup on June 12. Here's what I'm hoping to get done:

1. A World Cup Mascot (In Progress)

2. A World Cup Draw Song Competition (More like background music when I perform the Draw. More on that later)

3. A World Cup Banner Competition (More on that Later)

4. The World Cup Draw on May 12 (will explain after Qualifying is concluded).

Tell me what else you want to see before we start the World Cup! I want this event to be a forum-wide event once it's started, and that begins with YOUR contributions! :D

I can understand Jet Set getting no votes against Princess Celestia so far but who did Berry Pinch piss off to be getting shut out by Chief Thunderhooves?  :blink: 

May the best ponies win.  :)

Nay, what I wish to know is this;

Why is Lightning Dust getting beat by a background pony?

Well, before, I would have voted for Lightning Dust, but since she's eliminated, I have to go with the only third pony that can get into the World Cup. 

Well guys... the 2014 MLPF World Cup qualifying rounds are complete. Congratulations to the 32 characters who have qualified for the 2014 MLPF World Cup!

mlfw568_14832_-_animated_clopplauding_fl

All 32 characters have been placed into 4 pots of 8. They will be randomly drawn into 8 groups of 4. Each group will contain one character from each pot. Here are the four pots for the 2014 MLPF World Cup based on their record during qualifying. Tell me what you think of the results! :)

post-1689-0-21369800-1392516925_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

Congratulations to the 32 ponies that have qualified for the World Cup! I'm sad that Lightning Dust didn't make it, but my favorite ponies made it into the cup with no problem.

What a long road of competition!

All 32 characters have been placed into 4 pots of 8. They will be randomly drawn into 8 groups of 4. Each group will contain one character from each pot. Here are the four pots for the 2014 MLPF World Cup based on their record during qualifying. Tell me what you think of the results!  

Pinkie Pie made it into the qualification? :) 

Really? :) 

I KNEW BEST PONY WOULD MAKE IT!!! :lol: 

Though I haven't posted here or kept up with the updates for a while, I shall definitely try and devote myself to supporting her in these upcoming events. Things are about to get tense now.

FOR FREEDOM!! FOR LAUGHTER!!! :angry:

crisis__pinkie_pie_by_starlightspark-d4y

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be cool if we made a jersey/kit for each competitor. I found a site that lets me customize one, then I took a screenshot. For example, this would be for Fluttershy, do you like it? And is this a good idea?

ewms.png

Edited by JPBrony773
  • Brohoof 3

I think it would be cool if we made a jersey/kit for each competitor. I found a site that lets me customize one, then I took a screenshot. For example, this would be for Fluttershy, do you like it? And is this a good idea?

ewms.png

Dude... you did this?! THIS IS AMAZING!! DO IT BUDDY!! I WELCOME IT!! :D

• Brohoof 1

Alright guys, so here's how the 2014 MLPF World Cup Draw will proceed:

post-1689-0-21369800-1392516925_thumb.pn

1. You guys see the World Cup pots above you? The first basic thing to know about the Draw is that these characters will be drawn into 8 groups of 4. They will be labelled Groups A through H. The opening game of the 2014 MLPF World Cup will take place in Group A. Each group will contain one character from each pot. So a possible group could be Fluttershy, Derpy Hooves, Octavia, and Sunset Shimmer.
  2. If you noticed there are two types of pots: Seeded and unseeded. The seeded pots are going to be given a fixed first position. The unseeded pots will have their positions randomized within their groups. This merely randomizes the World Cup Group Stages schedule.
  3. Each character will be represented by a slit of paper with their name on it within the pot they've been grouped in. Beginning with the first pot, the first character drawn will be placed in Group A. Each successive character will then be placed into the next successive group until all names have been drawn. The process repeats for all 4 pots.
  4. There is one caveat to the draw. The characters that played each other in qualifying CANNOT be drawn into the same group. So Applejack and Angel can't be in the same group for the World Cup.
  5. Positions for the unseeded characters will be randomly placed with the roll of a die. 

I think that explains everything...

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. It's actually really easy and I enjoy doing it, I would be happy to do some more.

I also made some kits a while ago

Both you guys have amazing jerseys. I hope you both can make some... :D

• Brohoof 2

The whole qualifying thing was pretty fun, dang was it brutal on some characters though. Seems most of the characters I love made it in at least, I'm especially ecstatic that Snowflake actually made it. Here's to a great world cup in May! :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Now that World Cup Qualifying's come to an end, here's my personal take of the process.

On Qualifying itself

Honestly, I felt the process was a bit long. I realized that by the time we reached the fourth matchday. If I were to do it again, I would have a series of qualifying legs where most of the minor characters would be eliminated early on. We'd be down to 64 or so characters and we could have a shortened Round Robin campaign with more competition. I also wished for more Season 4 characters to appear because I feel they would have provided stronger competition than most of the minor characters I posted on the roster. Other than that, it was a lot of fun hosting qualifying, and I can't wait for the World Cup! :)

On the World Cup Roster

It was most of what I expected. I wished that Dr. Whooves and Lightning Dust would make it, but I didn't vote at all, so I couldn't control the results. Otherwise, my favourite characters made it (ie Fwuttashy :blush: because of my wuvie :blush: ) It would have also been cool to see Button Mash over Granny Smith, but the AJ fans convinced me that Granny Smith was the more legit pony. (Time for me to get creamed by Button Mash fans! :o) Otherwise, it was most of what I expected, and my format led to the best of characters qualifying (for the most part)

• Brohoof 1