Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Wait sooo... Who won? ( For the whole thing ) ? Please not Twilight, but Rarity :D!

No one's won anything yet. The process of determining the true winner will begin on June 12th... :) There will also be a World Cup Draw on May 12th.

Edited by Sterling Crimson

I wish to Lyra and Soarin some good luck, for they are probably the underdogs (and favorite minor characters of course) in the competition!

lyra___season_2_poster_vector__jumping_i

officer_soarin___by_gig_mendecil-d4uvm8t

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

You and @Doctor XFizzle have any suggestions on what I should use these jerseys for? :)

Maybe use them to make a preview graphic for each match? I don't know, I hadn't really thought about it. If you want, here's a link to the ImageShack album where I'll be storing them all. https://imageshack.com/a/vA2q/1

Jerseys for Sweetie Belle, Spitfire, and Octavia.

vw4o.png

yin2.png

rljk.png

Edited by JPBrony773
  • Brohoof 2

I'm generally pleased with the qualifiers.  :)  I too am a bit disappointed Lightning Dust didn't make the cut.  But Doctor Whatshisname?  :huh:  I thought he was borderline at best. 

Of the 32 who made it to the World Cup, were there any surprises? 

Of the 32 who made it to the World Cup, were there any surprises?

If you're asking me, I felt the biggest surprise was Dinky Doo. I wouldn't have guessed her getting past Bon Bon. As for Lightning Dust, I have to say... if you lose to Iron Will and Colgate, you're not really deserving of qualification (no offense). 

Ok you guys... I don't want this thread to die between now and the World Cup. I already have a Mascot contest set up. I will begin more contests in the next few days! Good luck to all future participants! This World Cup will not be successful without your enthusiasm and participation! :)

I also added more opinion polls for you all to vote on. It's just asking on who you think got snubbed and who you think are surprise inclusions to the World Cup. I also ask about dark horses and what we should add to the World Cup to make it more epic :)

For those of you who don't understand the MLPF World Cup format, have a look at this link. I am using the FIFA World Cup format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup#Final_tournament

Hear ye, hear ye! The World Cup is in need of a new trophy! One that best exemplifies the epicness and splendor of Best Character of MLP! One that glimmers and sparkles underneath the limelight! This is YOUR chance to shine! Submit to me your best concept of a World Cup Trophy by March 15th and you could have the winning character's name engraved on YOUR TROPHY for all to see! Make sure you give a place for the best pony's character to be engraved though!

On the other hand, if you are talented with writing music, then I suggest you compose a World Cup Anthem! I need something upbeat, something epic, and something unifying! Submit to me your song, complete with vocals AND instrumentation by April 19th, and you could win a chance to broadcast your anthem before we perform the World Cup draw on May 12th!

All entries must be sent to me through private messaging with the appropriate titles: "World Cup Trophy Entry" AND/OR "World Cup Anthem Entry" Good luck to all involved! And may the most talented... win.

Edited by Sterling Crimson

What i don't get is how derpy and celestia are thought of as underdogs. Theres absolutely no way derpy and celestia are underdogs silly forumers

When compared to the Mane 6 and Princess Luna, they most certainly are underdogs.