Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Well you guys... the voters have decided!

The snub of the World Cup...

lightning_dust_by_high_roller2108-d5o9fd

The surprise inclusion:

mayor_mare_by_fuzzystreak-d5b6cwx.png

The dark horse:

Derpy_hooves_eating_muffin_by_ininko-d53

Well by the way guys, I started a new opinion poll for you. Have fun while you get ready with your anthem and trophy entries! :D

I look forward to this. May the best pony Fluttershy win!

I think it would be cool if we made a jersey/kit for each competitor. I found a site that lets me customize one, then I took a screenshot. For example, this would be for Fluttershy, do you like it? And is this a good idea?

img-2311502-1-ewms.png

post-16340-0-59395400-1392707247_thumb.gif

post-16340-0-39756800-1392707243.jpeg

These look awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I look forward to this. May the best pony Fluttershy win!

attachicon.gifSomuchyay.gif

attachicon.gif548400__safe_solo_fluttershy_image+macro_reaction+image_stare+master_squee_edited+screencap_commando_threat.jpeg

These look awesome.

In the last option I voted other because there was no Fluttershy option! As awesome as Twilight is, I can't objectively vote for her here. xD

Oooh yeaah Trixie to win baby !!

Just added Fluttershy and Trixie to the poll! Sorry for not adding them! :o

• Brohoof 1

The most epic opening match, for sure, would be Discord VS Princess Luna.

It would be pretty hard to choose. Normally I'd go for Princess Luna, but then I'd think about it and almost choose Discord, then decide on Luna again...

Well, the voters have decided... not many of you care for soccer...

But you guys believed that the KING OF CHAOS facing against the Princess of the Night will be the most epic opening match...

And that you objectively believe that Rainbow Dash has the best chance of winning the World Cup!

Just one question. What does seeded and unseeded mean in this case? ^_^ For the ponies under the World Cup Seeds spoiler :)

Glad you asked! That's for the World Cup draw!

Let's take an empty slot called Group A. There is the first slot, second slot, third slot, and fourth slot in it. The seeded character automatically takes the first slot. The unseeded characters take either second, third, or fourth slots. This merely randomizes the schedule for the World Cup participants while maintaining the top status for the 1st seeds.

• Brohoof 1

Glad you asked! That's for the World Cup draw!

Let's take an empty slot called Group A. There is the first slot, second slot, third slot, and fourth slot in it. The seeded character automatically takes the first slot. The unseeded characters take either second, third, or fourth slots. This merely randomizes the schedule for the World Cup participants while maintaining the top status for the 1st seeds.

Thanks for explaining :lol: Makes sense :)

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash could probably win the whole thing, maybe.

She has some momentum on her side from winning 2013 March Madness, but she's got her title to defend in the 2014 MM first before the World Cup. Hope she doesn't get tired out.

• Brohoof 2

She has some momentum on her side from winning 2013 March Madness, but she's got her title to defend in the 2014 MM first before the World Cup. Hope she doesn't get tired out.

I hope so too. Come on Dashie!

• Brohoof 1

Just so you guys know... MLPF March Madness is a voting tournament like this one. Except it's a lot more fast paced and that it's been inspired by NCAA basketball. Hosted by our resident timelord, here is the thread to the tournament if you want to be made aware about it!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/51844-2013-mlp-forums-march-madness-national-championship/?view=findpost&p=1356138&hl=2013+march+madness (The link to the 2013 March Madness... 2014's March Madness is coming soon)

Beautiful normal distribution curve on what you guys predict for Applejack by the way. :3

Also letting you guys that you get a chance to predict where the rest of the Mane 6, Discord, Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna will end their World Cup journeys. Here's my predictions:

Rarity: Quarterfinals

Rainbow Dash: Final

Pinkie Pie: Winner

Discord: Semifinals

Princess Luna: Semifinals

Princess Celestia: Round of 16

I think Rainbow Dash has a very good chance to win it all.  :wub:

Sadly, my favorite pony, Fluttershy, does not.  She's playing to a very rough crowd in this forum.  :okiedokielokie:

Everyone seems so sure of Rainbow Dash making it to the finals and I think I have to agree. She all but dominated the March Madness Tournament last year and has been a consistent fan favorite on these boards. One pony who might do surprisingly well this time is Rarity. There seems to be a lot more passionate supporters in her corner than there was this time last year. ghostfacekiller

But, I'm not going to let Applejack fall without one heck of a tussle. Believe that. :umad:

• Brohoof 5

Everyone seems so sure of Rainbow Dash making it to the finals and I think I have to agree. She all but dominated the March Madness Tournament last year and has been a consistent fan favorite on these boards. One pony who might do surprisingly well this time is Rarity. There seems to be a lot more passionate supporters in her corner than there was this time last year. ghostfacekiller

But, I'm not going to let Applejack fall without one heck of a tussle. Believe that. :umad:

Ghostie's Army (or The Army of Fabulosity) will represent, you'll see.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1