Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Well guys... with the lack of submissions... I decided to cancel all contests indefinitely... I'll keep the current trophy model. However, if you guys do want me to look at a trophy or a mascot, you can just hit me a PM and I'll have a look at it. :)

As for the World Cup Draw on May 12th... Tell me what would be the DEADLIEST possible group in the World Cup. There's only two rules: Only one character from each pot may be used, and the group winner and runner up from the same group CANNOT face each other. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Pot 1 should have all of the Mane 6 members, replacing whoever had the smallest point difference. HOW DARE PINKIE BE IN THE SECOND POT

Uhh, otherwise pretty good! I'll be honest, though, I would wait until March Madness is finished before setting a boundary to take in poll results. I know from your perspective it looks like the World Cup might have lost interest, but we'll be flocking back to it ;)

(edited)

I think Pot 1 should have all of the Mane 6 members, replacing whoever had the smallest point difference. HOW DARE PINKIE BE IN THE SECOND POT

Uhh, otherwise pretty good! I'll be honest, though, I would wait until March Madness is finished before setting a boundary to take in poll results. I know from your perspective it looks like the World Cup might have lost interest, but we'll be flocking back to it ;)

Don't worry too much about the lack of popularity of the World Cup. I'm just taking a leave of absence because I needed it. I needed to get away from the forums and just regroup myself, making sure I wasn't addicted to it. 

I'll be back stronger than ever after exams though! Nevertheless... I was wondering... can you add me on Skype? I have a drawing request for you. You can find me by searching "Sterling Crimson" or typing paul.naphtali1.

Edited by Sterling Crimson

LOL. I'm back from my absence. No thanks to Fluttershy fans and March Madness xD

After the March Madness rave is completed, I still need some people to help me out!

• Brohoof 1

LOL. I'm back from my absence. No thanks to Fluttershy fans and March Madness xD

After the March Madness rave is completed, I still need some people to help me out!

What do you need help with? I'm always happy to help, if I can that is.

What do you need help with? I'm always happy to help, if I can that is.

If you are an artist, I can always appreciate some flag making :3. That's the most important part :3.

(edited)

Been a very busy semester. Gonna try to get that theme done ASAP!

Wait... ... can you make it a World Cup theme now? Instead of a TV theme? Because I decided not to livestream the draw because of all the flaming that can happen when the ponies are drawn.

• Brohoof 1

If you are an artist, I can always appreciate some flag making :3. That's the most important part :3.

Ah, sadly I am not :( my art skill are restrained to doodles on notebook paper and they are rather sad even on that level :P

but it you have anything else I can help with let me know haha

(edited)

Wait... ... can you make it a World Cup theme now? Instead of a TV theme? Because I decided not to livestream the draw because of all the flaming that can happen when the ponies are drawn.

Don't you have "Chariots of Fire" as a World Cup Theme?

But...I can make one. 

Edited by Thunder-Dash

(edited)

Don't you have "Chariots of Fire" as a World Cup Theme?

But...I can make one. 

I honestly don't approve it as a World Cup theme. If you can make one, I think you'd be doing a great service to us :3. Otherwise, you COULD just make a TV theme.

Like these ones:

The 2014 MLPF World Cup Groups have been posted! Each character in a group will play 3 matches total! Top 2 ponies progress to the knockouts! Matches begin June 12th! :D

• Brohoof 1

What a creative idea this is! I'm a huge World Cup fan and I'm EXTREMELY anxious for June to come. I'm so sick of turning on ESPN and every other channel I have that broadcasts sports and only seeing baseball and basketball! Two of my least-favorite sports! Come on footy!!

• Brohoof 1

Nice! Twilight shouldn't have too much trouble in that group. Rarity got a tough group, but I think she'll pull through.

I've got Group D as the group of death, similar to real life. I've got Group G as the group of life, very unlike real life. (come on USA) :P

• Brohoof 1

Uhm, so I don't understand how this works at all. Could someone explain how the voting works?

We haven't voted yet. I just placed all the characters into 8 groups of 4. Each character will play 3 games in their respective groups. Win = 3 points, Draw = 1 point, Loss = 0 points. Top two characters by points advance to the knockout stages. 

Voting begins June 12.

We haven't voted yet. I just placed all the characters into 8 groups of 4. Each character will play 3 games in their respective groups. Win = 3 points, Draw = 1 point, Loss = 0 points. Top two characters by points advance to the knockout stages. 

Voting begins June 12.

So what is the poll at the top for?

It's an opinion poll! The Group of Death's the toughest group, while the Group of Life's the weakest (easiest) group.

Ahh, thanks. Yeah I don't really follow sports to begin with, which since I'm an American means  anything soccer related is completely esoteric to me.

• Brohoof 1