Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Congrats to Cheerilee on pulling off the last-minute win!!!  Love everypony's favorite teacher-mare (of course I may be biased seeing as my mom's a teacher, but come on, Cheerilee's a sweetheart!  :D).

img-2251177-1-cheerilee_by_staticwave12-

Anyways, sorry Thunderlane, had to go with Vinyl on this one.  Go DJ PON-3!!!!  B)

img-2251177-2-mlp_fim_vinyl_scratch_avat

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not a big fan of Thunderlane, but I hate dubstep, electro-music and the like, and subsequently, Vinyl. Yes, I used the word "hate". Anyways, she only appeared a few times in the show; why is she getting equal fame to long-term background ponies like Lyra and Derpy?

Congrats to Cheerilee on pulling off the last-minute win!!!  Love everypony's favorite teacher-mare (of course I may be biased seeing as my mom's a teacher, but come on, Cheerilee's a sweetheart!  :D).

img-2251177-1-cheerilee_by_staticwave12-

Anyways, sorry Thunderlane, had to go with Vinyl on this one.  Go DJ PON-3!!!!  B)

img-2251177-2-mlp_fim_vinyl_scratch_avat

Sorry Batbrony. With the 2% margin of voting in place, Daring Do and Cheerilee tied. 

Sorry Batbrony. With the 2% margin of voting in place, Daring Do and Cheerilee tied. 

Ah well, that's OK, Cheerilee still gets a point and should hopefully qualify for the tourney in her group along with Rarity, way things are going in Group L and all.  :)

EDIT: oh dear, just checked it and she might not (although Daring Do's match up against Rarity could seriously hurt her chances of getting in and give Cheerilee just the push she needs, we'll just have to wait and see).

Edited by Batbrony

The last day of Matchday 5... and it will most certainly be a pivotal one. Especially for Group P... Twilight's royal brother will take on a pony who loves to brush everypony's teeth all day... And maintain a dental hygiene that is matched by no other... Both need to secure a win to place themselves closer to the 2014 MLPF World Cup... but will kick the other into a deep hole in the process. 

The same goes for the Queen of Changelings... Will she suck the love from the promising, yet arrogant flyer in Lightning Dust? If results go her way... then the Queen will only be one step away from qualifying for the 2014 MLPF World Cup...

Groups O and P... next.

For clarification on the last poll question, note the following:

That in a World Cup group, there will be four characters. Only the top two will progress to the Round of 16. I'm asking whether I should allow 2 Mane 6 characters in the same group.

I've resigned myself to Lightning Dust's inevitable defeat here, but I still think she's a much better antagonist and character than Chrysalis. And a cuter one. You all should vote for her.

tumblr_n04qiqwhHV1su36beo2_500.gif

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 4

Cadence, Lightning Dust, Gummy, Berry Punch, Shining Armor, Zecora, Cranky Doodle Donkey, and Iron Will earned my votes.

Groups O and P, step it up and claim your victims!

Cadence-and-Shining-Armor-mlp-fim-shinin

lightning_dust_the_shadowbolt_by_philipp

• Brohoof 1

I've resigned myself to Lightning Dust's inevitable defeat here, but I still think she's a much better antagonist and character than Chrysalis. And a cuter one. You all should vote for her.

img-2253831-1-tumblr_n04qiqwhHV1su36beo2

Incompetent Lightning Dust?

Her mane seems a bit flat and narrow.

For clarification on the last poll question, note the following:

That in a World Cup group, there will be four characters. Only the top two will progress to the Round of 16. I'm asking whether I should allow 2 Mane 6 characters in the same group.

Okay so I've been thinking about that last question and at first I voted yes that two of the mane 6 should be allowed in the same group but I've changed my vote. The more I think about it the more I think we should space them out to one per group, I say this because it is pretty obvious that any background characters in a group are shit out of luck; before I thought well it's random they got a bad draw but this contest is in the spirit of competition and seeing how far our favorite ponies can go; most of us know that the mane 6 will go through so I think we should have the other character compete as much as we can let them.

(edited)

Okay so I've been thinking about that last question and at first I voted yes that two of the mane 6 should be allowed in the same group but I've changed my vote. The more I think about it the more I think we should space them out to one per group, I say this because it is pretty obvious that any background characters in a group are shit out of luck; before I thought well it's random they got a bad draw but this contest is in the spirit of competition and seeing how far our favorite ponies can go; most of us know that the mane 6 will go through so I think we should have the other character compete as much as we can let them.

That was my logic. I already had it set beforehand, and this vote poll was to see whether the majority agreed. I need at least 60% of the vote to say "yes" to allowing 2 Mane 6 characters in a group before I change my original ruling.

Edited by Sterling Crimson

(edited)

Tonight at MLPF... The first day of Matchday 6 could see more characters booking their ticket to the 2014 MLPF World Cup. All Applejack needs is a win to qualify. Even if she draws, if Mrs. Cake fails to win, Applejack qualifies anyway. Angel too can qualify... if she wins, and Mrs. Cake AND Daisy both fail to win, Angel will qualify.

As for Group B... Not only do we have a key matchup between Granny Smith and Winona... Big Macintosh can also book his ticket to the 2014 MLPF World Cup with a win AND if Granny Smith AND Button Mash both lose.

Meanwhile, Flitter faces possible elimination, and the odds are not looking good for her. If Mrs. Cake OR Angel wins tonight, Flitter is done, regardless of how she does. If Flitter does NOT win, she is also done. 

Will Applejack and Big Macintosh follow Fluttershy to the 2014 MLPF World Cup? Or will Big Mac be faced with potential elimination... 

Will a potentially well loved character be eliminated in Flitter?

Groups A and B... next. 

I decided to use some strategy to vote.

To help get AJ qualified, I voted for her. But I can't stand Angel Bunny and want to see Mrs. Cake still in the running (hoping to take second place), so I voted for Truffle and Mrs. Cake. I then voted for Flitter to cap it off.

To give Big Mac a small chance at qualifying, I voted for him. But I'm not helping his cause much, because I voted for Granny Smith and then Caballeron. To try to get Harshwhinny out of the running, I voted for the Diamond Dogs.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

LIKE I SAID YOU GUYS, IF YOU LOVE FLITTER, SHE WILL BE ELIMINATED WITH AN ANGEL AND/OR MRS. CAKE WIN. CHOOSE WISELY.

A WINONA LOSS OR DRAW WILL ALSO ELIMINATE HER.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, voted for Flitter and everything else that would help her through then, as well as AJ, Big Mac, and Button Mash. I can only hope that Flitter can make it though, with all this riding against her... :blush:

large.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Made an error about Big Mac... He will qualify with a win regardless of results from the other characters in Group B. Here's why:

On the final matchday, Granny Smith and Button Mash will play each other. A win for either would force the other to remain at 15 points, eliminating them from the tournament, while Big Mac would have at least 18 if he wins.

My poor, sweet, adorable Winona is on the verge of elimination. :(

89605__UNOPT__.gif

But I had to support Granny Smith on this one. Sorry Winona, you had a good run. You'll always be top dog. <3

NOW GIT OUT THERE AND STOMP TWIST AND SNAILS, APPLEJACK AND BIG MAC!

tumblr_m9ni1h3DQL1qc5ffho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m5jihkFJuj1qkaynko1_1280.jpg

Best-Big-Brother-applejack-my-little-pon

• Brohoof 5