Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Though I doubt she'll win, anyone who gives their support to Blossomforth will have my thanks :D. She's best background pony after all.

A picture will persuade you rite

:( Dude, I am so sorry, but don't blame me, it's not my fault SOMEPONY matched up my favorite male background pony with one of my favorite background mares.  :okiedokielokie:  I'm looking at you Sterling.

Anyways, disappointed that Truffle Shuffle lost, but besides that quite pleased with the results of Groups A and B.  As for Groups C and D, most of my picks are in the lead, with the exception of Carrot Top and Roseluck.  I won't be surprised if Carrot Top loses to Tank, but I just had to vote for her; she's one of the most under appreciated background ponies out there, plus she's more or less the fanon roommate of Derpy Hooves in A LOT of fan art and fiction.  As for Roseluck, I think she could still beat Braeburn; I don't mind him, he's well intentioned and everything, but he's a little annoying as well, plus Roseluck just has a really pretty design.  But Derpy, Dr. Whooves, Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, Pipsqueak, and Soarin, they're all triumphing just as they should be.  ONWARD DERPY, TO GLORIOUS VICTORY!!!!!!!  :muffins:

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Another character tournament thing? Sweet. :D

Guess this round I'll pull for Tank, 'cuz Tank is the best. Down with Blueblood, Pipsqueak, and Doctor Whooves though, some of my least favorite characters honestly. :huh:

Two of the best ponies are up, so be sure to give them your support :wub:

row__row__row_your_boat____by_high_rolle

Voted for Pinkie, Octavia, Flim, Flam, Babs, Mulia, Ahuizotl, and of course Dashie :). Everything's going pretty swimmingly so far.

• Brohoof 6

Got my votes locked in for Pinkie Pie, Octavia, Tootsie, Babs Seed, Rainbow Dash, Bon Bon, Pearl, and Ahuizotl. As an Apple Family supporter, I refuse to give my votes to either Flim or Flam. Even though they're clearly going to win.

Let's hear it for Dashie and Pinkie!

partey_in_teh_aiirrrr_by_jack_a_lynn-d4y

• Brohoof 6

Pinkie vs Apple Cobbler xD She is winning that 

And lol @ Octavia against pound cake... Pound that cake to the ground Tavi :3

Got my votes locked in for Pinkie Pie, Octavia, Tootsie, Babs Seed, Rainbow Dash, Bon Bon, Pearl, and Ahuizotl. As an Apple Family supporter, I refuse to give my votes to either Flim or Flam. Even though they're clearly going to win.

partey_in_teh_aiirrrr_by_jack_a_lynn-d4y

I really love that drawing of Pinkie Pie and Dashie it is so awesome :3! 

This is turning out to be quite the showdown between the characters. 

• Brohoof 4

The way I see it is that the leaders have to get as high a score as possible. If they actually read the formatting for the tournament, people would realize that if they don't give them larger victories, they could be at risk of a really tough group once the actual World Cup comes around...

Yay for Dashie and Pinkie indeed, but Sugar, I'm surprised at you: you didn't vote for Dinky?!?!  How could you not cast your vote for Derpy's lovable, adorable, (non-canon) daughter?!?!

derpy_hooves_and_dinky_by_joemasterpenci

Look, you made her sad.  :(

sad_faced_dinky_hooves_by_creshosk-d45v3

Ah, I'm just messing with you Sugar, but seriously Dinky is adorable, and beats Ahuizotl any day in my book!  VOTE FOR DINKY EVERYPONY!!!  :muffins:

As for this round as a whole, most match ups so far aren't so surprising, although I will admit that I'm very surprised how close Pearl and Flam as well as Dinky Doo and Ahuizotl are so far (especially the latter).  Come on everypony, vote for Dinky and Pearl (seriously, Rarity's mom is AWESOME with her deliciously cheesy Wisconsin accent  :derp:)!!!!!!  :D

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

Yay for Dashie and Pinkie indeed, but Sugar, I'm surprised at you: you didn't vote for Dinky?!?!  How could you not cast your vote for Derpy's lovable, adorable, (non-canon) daughter?!?!

Those heart-meltingly cute pics convinced me to change my vote so I did. Dinky is beating Ahuizotl now. You can thank me later. ;)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Those heart-meltingly cute pics convinced me to change my vote so I did. Dinky is beating Ahuizotl now. You can thank me later. ;)

And once again, as this show has proven to us time and time again, cuteness triumphs over all!  ^_^   Well done SC, well done; now, allow me to preach to you the gospel of why Derpy x the Doctor is best ship now and always.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Pretty easy round here, no doubt the Mane 6's and Tavi will pull through here.

I only wish Mulia could win over Bon Bon here, her being a ninja in Pinkie's fantasy accusations and being an actual character in general makes her way better than her imo.

Also, Ahuizotl vs Dinky is kind of a bummer... a cool Daring Do villain vs a background pony who's fanon is wrong in every way imaginable and overrated to high heaven... he's got a decent amount of votes now but I have doubt he'll pull through in the end, oh well.

And Rarity's mom gets my vote over Flam here, even though him and Flim are basically the same character.

Anyway, though she probably won't need support, vote for Tavi all, bow to the second best and most beautiful background pony. :D

octavia_by_soulspade-d5cekne.jpg

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 1

1. Pinkie Pie - Rather obvious. She's pink, she's awesome, boo-yah!

2. Octavia - One of my favorite BG ponies, again, no contest.

3. Tootsie Flute - My absolute favorite filly BG pony, no contest again.

4. Babs Seed - My 4th favorite filly in general (No. 1 is Diamond Tiara (COME AT ME HATERS) No. 2 is Sweetie Belle and No. 3 is Silver Spoon)

4. Rainbow Dash - I don't even need to explain this one; it's unanimous!
5. Bon Bon - No contest again.

6. Pearl - I never liked the Flim Flam brothers...

7. Ahut- oh whatever his name is - I really don't like Dinky, yes, come at me haters but I really like Ahuty.