Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Antsy? I've been antsy for the FIFA world cup since August 2010!!! Why move it up? The whole thing was based on the FIFA WC, and I like the basis for having this one match up with it!

Guys I've been considering moving up the World Cup to an earlier date! Tell me if you guys want that or not by voting!Also, I have something very special for you... Guys, meet our mascot for the 2014 MLPF World Cup... 

img-2511901-1-auwe1w.jpg img-2511901-2-xopl34.jpg It may be a port of Philomena by @Budding Night, real name being Maggie, but the symbolism behind it's why I chose it. It's not an entry for any contest, since that was abolished a long time ago. It was something that she just wanted to do.

Here's her description of the mascot: 

Her name's Pyralis.  Pryalis (Pronounced, Puh-ral-us, as said above) is a Phoenix, with feathers made up of every colour of the rainbow, symbolizing the brightness of our loveable ponies, and how the sight always makes us Smile Smile Smile when sad. Her name means 'Of Fire', symbolizes our burning passion for the small horses. As well as her form of creature, it symbolizes our love, the life lessons we've gained from the show. It symbolizes the strong connection we all share as bronies and pegasisters.  Legend has it this bird will streak across the sky when an act of true friendship happens. What better a mascot? The MLPF World Cup is all about bringing us together as friends, as connecting with one another to see who truly is best pony of the forums. 

That's mine thats mine that's mine!!!! :D :D :D

• Brohoof 2

You know what would be REALLY cool? It's really ambitious, but a national anthem (or theme song) for each pony would really be the cream of the crop for the World Cup.

I like the idea, no sound mixing skills or anything of the sort myself I wonder who would take that time? That's the only real challenge here. That and everypony agreeing on what each anthem would be for each pony.

Maybe to start with we could just use Youtube to just find a nice simple theme for each? Just until some one who has the skills to do so set sets us up with something at the very least.

• Brohoof 1

I like the idea, no sound mixing skills or anything of the sort myself I wonder who would take that time? That's the only real challenge here. That and everypony agreeing on what each anthem would be for each pony.

Maybe to start with we could just use Youtube to just find a nice simple theme for each? Just until some one who has the skills to do so set sets us up with something at the very least.

In any case, we need some talented musicians to help out with it...

• Brohoof 1

Yea, but like I said, we can just Youtube to find some soundtracks or such that we like for each of our favorite ponies, and if multiple people submit different tracks for the same pony we can vote on which we prefer. As well people who are musicians themselves could submit their own music, both getting great original music for their pony, and getting word out about themselves.

Edited by Light's Edge
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Guys I've compiled some flags that people have made from across the internet! Tell me what you think! 

Applejack (by @PE Brony)

post-1689-0-56245500-1397392123.jpg

Angel (by @PE Brony)

post-1689-0-46837400-1397437615.png

Discord (from Google images)

post-1689-0-56554600-1397392025.png

Granny Smith (by @Jokuc)

post-1689-0-69371400-1397392051.png

Mayor Mare (from Google images)

post-1689-0-84145600-1397392068.png

Octavia (by @PE Brony)

post-1689-0-99163900-1397392173.png

Pinkie Pie (by @Jokuc)

post-1689-0-26000200-1397392198.png

Princess Cadence (from the show itself)

post-1689-0-60218600-1397392225.jpg

Princess Celestia (from Google images)

post-1689-0-34544400-1397392255.png

Princess Luna (from Google images)

post-1689-0-78321900-1397392268.png

Queen Chrysalis (from Google images)

post-1689-0-79159200-1397392286.png

Rainbow Dash (from Google images)

post-1689-0-90775000-1397392297.png

Rarity (by @PE Brony)

post-1689-0-74526800-1397392319.jpg

Shining Armor (by @PE Brony)

post-1689-0-77541300-1397392332.png

Twilight Sparkle (by )

post-1689-0-97573800-1397392431.png

Vinyl Scratch (by @Doctor XFizzle, edited by @PE Brony)

post-1689-0-17997500-1397392476.png

Yea, but like I said, we can just Youtube to find some soundtracks or such that we like for each of our favorite ponies, and if multiple people submit different tracks for the same pony we can vote on which we prefer. As well people who are musicians themselves could submit their own music, both getting great original music for their pony, and getting word out about themselves.

Good idea. I'd love to use national anthems around the world actually. That would be the best :D

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 4

The Great and Powerful Trixie as best Cinderella character? 

Cinderella gets married to a prince

Trixie is now Cinderella

The only available prince is... Blueblood

THE WORLD CUP IS SECRETLY A TRIXIE x BLUEBLOOD SHIPPING CONSPIRACY

DONT' BELIEB THEIR LIES

also dat luna banner

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

Trixie is now Cinderella

DONT' BELIEB THEIR LIES

also dat luna banner

Trixie is now Cinderella

DONT' BELIEB THEIR LIES

also dat luna banner

But sadly, the clock will strike midnight on her tournament, so I don't think she'll ever find her Prince Blueblood :P

(edited)

So it looks like the populace is happy to keep the World Cup start date on June 12th. That I shall do.

And it looks like people are rooting for Trixie to make it far... it's possible I guess, but we'll see...

Princess Cadence being a disappointment as a 2nd seed isn't out of the question for sure. Especially with the fact she has to face Spike and a potential dark horse in Dinky Doo (Derpy's fanon sis)... 

Hey guys! To consider the people who wanted to get voting right away, I have something else in the works! A prelude of sorts to the World Cup! Have a look!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/94686-the-one-off-characters-cup-character-roster/

Also guys... I made a big mistake with the Draw Results.

Rainbow Dash and Dinky Doo aren't supposed to face each other again... I'll fix that up right now. Dinky Doo is now in Group G instead of Group H and Daring Do will be moved to Group H as a result.

Looks like Group H just got 20% cooler though... But yeah, sorry for the gaffe.

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 1

Heavy: Let us begin... Wha?! It not start until June?!

Spy: Oh, fatman, please! You are too impatient!

Heavy: Stupid Spy! I need to tell world that Pinkie Pie is best pony!

Soldier: *****, please... Fluttershy is best pony!

Spy: Gentlemen... Rainbow Dash is best pony!

**Soldier and Heavy punch Spy**

• Brohoof 1

Gotta be honest here. Over the past few weeks, I've wanted in my motivation to host the World Cup this June, mostly due to the disinterest and ambivalence people have shown towards the event. Whether it be from the mods or even the people who help make this event possible, I feel that you guys don't even want this event. If all I say really is true, then I'm cancelling the event.

Still to come before the World Cup... 

Group Analysis: I will analyze one group per day. I've already analyzed Groups A and B and will now analyze the rest of the groups! I'll give an intro to the group, key matchups, potential dark horses, and my predictions for each group! Let's see if I'm right...

I'll also say this. Something special will come after the group stage analysis... Stay tuned ;)

Gotta be honest here. Over the past few weeks, I've wanted in my motivation to host the World Cup this June, mostly due to the disinterest and ambivalence people have shown towards the event. Whether it be from the mods or even the people who help make this event possible, I feel that you guys don't even want this event. If all I say really is true, then I'm cancelling the event.

Nope sorry I'm going to have to veto that. This is not going down got it? This will go off in June and it will get crazy, trust in yourself, and I believe in you and this as well!

• Brohoof 2

@, see? 15 votes so far to keep it going and none against! Plus, this thread has 29 followers, which, in my limited time on MLPF, is up in the same area as the pony fan club threads! Rarity and Luna have a couple more than this thread. Every other thread I've participated in have MUCH less people still following them! Stay motivated, and check out my SS flag options!  B)

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
SS flag options

SS Flag options? :o What is SS? :o

EDIT: OHH... How can I be so dense?! :o. I loved the first flag by the way :)

Edited by The Ancaster Brony
  • Brohoof 1

SS Flag options? :o What is SS? :o

EDIT: OHH... How can I be so dense?! :o. I loved the first flag by the way :)

Haha!  :lol:  That was the first one I did. Simplicity. It works with some of the flags better than some of the others for sure!  B)

how does a pony "win" the cup?

There's a lot of voting matches that will happen starting June 12th.You can have a look at this site to understand the basic format of the World Cup. 

www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-basics-of-soccers-world-cup.html

• Brohoof 1