Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

I know most people would like heavy metal for tournaments like these, but guys... it's based on world football. Let's just use some theme songs that were used from past football (no not the NFL) tournaments shall we? 

EURO 12:

2010 FIFA World Cup:

2002 FIFA World Cup:

EURO 2000:

Edited by Sterling Crimson

Go Twily! No way second best pony will lose, but still.

Sombra may have been a bomba, but I like him more than Auntie Applesauce.

I think I like Diamond Tiara less after the latest episode... but she still has more character than some crystal pony.

Tom is the wooer of most beautiful ponies and great defender of the mirror pool, his story of a once evil rock now a reformed defender of dangerous magic is surely greater than a mane-dying mayor.

Fluttershy surely(shyly?) won't lose here either, Sapphire Shores isn't that great honestly.

Lyra vs Pound Cake... I guess Lyra. I'll say no more about it(not really a Lyra fan but not a Pound Cake fan either lol)

Crackle must win this. I wouldn't even mind if he won it all(I mean, if all the other characters I like don't pull through, but that's pretty unlikely).

Also, Bloomberg because Bloomberg(is it weird that I first read that as Boomerang? Probably).

• Brohoof 1

1. Twilight Sparkle - No explanation

2. King Sombra - Lol who's Applesauce?

3. Diamond Tiara - Best filly incoming. ...i'm like a demon in a Ghostbusters movie. Your hate makes me stronger.

4. Mayor Mare - She is much, much more funny then Tom. Also, politicians.

5. Fluttershy - Do I honestly need to explain this one?

6. Lyra - She's one of my favorite background ponies!

7. Wild Fire - Gotta love her personality and cutie mark

8. Rumble - The little filly is just too cute.

The toughest so far was Wild Fire (Sibsy) vs Crackle the Dragon.

I wanted to pick both, of course that isn't possible so in the end I decided over Wild Fire, the reason being that however awesome I think Crackle is, Wild Fire is based on one of the animators of the show (Sibsy) and MLP would not be what it is with out them.

I also chose Diamond Tiara, the reason being character development. I have no idea who Castle is other than a crystal pony and his design isn't all that awesome to deserve my vote I think.

For all who're wondering, this is Castle the crystal pony:

Castle_id_S3E2.png

8. Rumble - The little filly is just too cute.

Last time I checked Rumble was a colt ;)

I'm rooting for Twilight Sparkle, King Sombra, Diamond Tiara, Mayor Mare, Fluttershy, Pound Cake, Wild Fire, and Bloomberg. Not all of these matches are quite going my way, but I don't really care so long as Twily and Flutters reign supreme which they will. ;)

medium.png

Ninja'd: Ah, so these matches are over for today? :o Well, time to vote on the new ones!

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I'm rooting for Twilight Sparkle, King Sombra, Diamond Tiara, Mayor Mare, Fluttershy, Pound Cake, Wild Fire, and Bloomberg. Not all of these matches are quite going my way, but I don't really care so long as Twily and Flutters reign supreme which they will. ;)

medium.png

Ah, so these matches are over for today? :o

The ones with Twilight and Fluttershy have ended since 9:30pm EST. We are now onto Groups I and J. Both ponies have taken significant victories though. And like I said, we had our first draw!

• Brohoof 1

The ones with Twilight and Fluttershy have ended since 9:30pm EST. We are now onto Groups I and J. Both ponies have taken significant victories though. And like I said, we had our first draw!

Yeah, I got ninja'd by the new matches but I got my votes in, so we're fine. :)

Alright then, let's go Discord, Spitfire, Owlowiscious, Scootaloo, Sunset Shimmer, Joe, and Fancy Pants. I don't even know who Cloudy Quartz is, but if their competition is Snips then they have my vote.   :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I'll root for Agatha most here! Probably the best Crystal Pony, or at least the one with the most character. I really hope she doesn't lose to Joe, but I'm about as sure about that as she was about working at the library... still really hope she pulls through! :D

Crystal_librarian.e.png

It should be obvious to all that I voted for Twilight the other day. Nothing else mattered. :P

Two members of the Apple family this time? Got to support them regardless of who they're up against. Applejack is my second best pony and very kindred to me. That makes me an honorary Apple (in my strange mind). Have to stick with family. :lol:

1. Discord - No explanation.

2. Spitfire - Kickass hair

3. Featherweight - HE'S TOO CUTE

4. Cloudy Quartz - I really like her name!

5. Scootaloo - Seriously guys

6. Sunset Shimmer - Her pony design is my absolute favorite ever!

7. Agatha - I like her over Joe, DEAL WITH IT.

8. Smarty Pants - Sometimes, no words need to be said on how awesome this person is.

Whoever was the 1 person who voted for Garble over Rarity, you should be ashamed. It is inexcusable to choose a one episode dragon over a member of the Mane Six and most importantly best pony. A curse upon your house.

• Brohoof 2

Voted for Sweetie, Mr. Cake, Philomena, Snowflake, Cheerilee, Inkie Pie and Daring Do.

Oh and Rarity, duh. One of the best characters in the show versus some one off cliche teenage douchebag dragon? Right. Inkie Pie beats Flash Sentry on basis of having a prettier design, and whatever "personality" Flash expressed wasn't enough to make up the ground.

rock_farm_by_zig_word-d6xattx.jpg

Photo Finish is cool, but I've always had a soft spot for Celestia's troll bird and for phoenixes in general. The other decisions were easy as pie.

• Brohoof 2

I almost feel sorry for Garble, I never disliked the guy and thought he was at least good for manning Spike up a bit... but you know, there's somepony else who's probably been manning him up more all along, and that of course would be best pony Rarity. Sorry to run you into a tree(again) Garble, but between you and Rarity, you ain't got a chance(besides, she almost beat you up when you turned into a jerk, so bleh). Go Rarity! :D

As for the other(less important) matchups:

Sweetie Belle > Little Strongheart

Mr. Cake > Apple Bumpkin

Photo Finish > Philomena

Snowflake > Igneous Rock

Cheerilee > Aloe

Anyone > Flash Sentry

Daring Do > Magnum