Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Go Ms. Harshwinny go! Also, a few of the anthems are almost a bit too..lamenting by the way too often (or I didn't listen to the recordings long enough, heheh), or don't express the energy that must be expressed at this here World Cup!

I don't think you got to the epic parts of the songs. And maybe you should have gotten it louder. Go to 24:55 of the finale of Beethoven's 9th, the source of the "Ode to Joy" and you'll see what I mean.

Only tough choice for me was between Button Mash and Winona... but in the end I decided to pick Button Mash because I'm a gamer myself. :3

But wouldn't you like a good ol dog like Winona :)? Also, sugar cube is watching '-'.

• Brohoof 2

But wouldn't you like a good ol dog like Winona :)? Also, sugar cube is watching '-'.

Trust me, both Winona AND Button Mash are very high up on my list (That being said AJ being my favorite). It's just Button Mash is a character I can identify with and therefore he is probably my favorite male Character (after Big Mac)

If only Winona had more screen time. :|

PS: Sugar Cube can't scare me! '_'

Edited by Takumi Nishijou

This thread is practically begging for me. :P I see Winona is still losing to Button Mash. I am disappoint.

Remember, it was Winona who aided Applejack in saving Ponyville from a stampede. What's Button Mash's claim to fame? Video games? :okiedokielokie:

Give the Apple Family's dog the appreciation she deserves for her loyalty and hard work in critter corralling.

VOTE WINONA!

I'll be your bestest friend.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

Can't we let both Winona and Button Mash advance? There are a lot worse ponies on other selections ._.

1. Wouldn't be fair for the other characters in the other groups.
  2. What about Big Mac and Granny Smith?
  3. They'll advance if they're in the top 2 of their group by the end of all this.

Even though Winona and the Diamond Dogs fought hard, they both fall 37-32 to Button Mash and Dr. Caballeron respectively. Can they both bounce back in Matchday 3? Well... you decide.

But tonight... a battle between two loved characters: Princess Celestia and Derpy Hooves. I know this one will be a nail-biter, especially since it was by far the most looked forward match of Matchday 2.

Celestia'd better win :okiedokielokie:

Besides her, voted for Luna, Blueblood, Dr. Whooves, Tank, Pip the pimp, Braeburn and Roseluck. A decently interesting round, and I think at least two of my choices will lose.

• Brohoof 1

Looks like Celestia and Derpy Hooves are neck and neck. I can understand if Celestia wins, after all we know plenty about her personality and abilities like sun lifting based on the storyline, whereas Derpy’s character is mostly based on the fandom’s works...so it’s basically main character vs. strong background character.

...but no really, vote for Ms. Hooves! Or else she’ll be sad and might think you didn't vote for her because she's "offensive" :(.

• Brohoof 1

Luna's dominating Soarin... not a surprise, I voted for her this time, but there are many, many ponies(and Spike) that I would vote for over her, she's just been up against lesser characters at first here... :huh:

Surprised Blueblood is still in this... hope he gets trounced by Carrot Top though. >_>

Doctor Whooves I'm not really a fan of... so go Matilda! :P

Tank is Tank, and Blossomforth is not Tank, so Tank! :yay:

Celestia vs Derpy, very difficult decision I'll admit... I think I'll keep this one a secret. :blush:

Pipsqueak now though, I don't really like, so Nurse Redheart all the way! :D

Don't have much faith she'll pull through, but Cherry Jubilee was way better than Braeburn.

And the last one, was easy, Roseluck. One of the better background ponies I guess. ;)

I'm not terribly invested in most of these characters, even Luna, but I am psyched to see how this Derpy vs Celestia match plays out. For me, It was a toss-up between Equestria's ruler and my favorite background pony, but I came to a firm decision that I am sticking with. I'm not disclosing who I voted for on the grounds that I may face harsh repercussions by one side of the opposition. :unsure:

Princess Luna, Carrot Top, Matilda, Tank, Pipsqueak, Braeburn, and Roseluck have got my votes though. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

...but no really, vote for Ms. Hooves! Or else she’ll be sad and might think you didn't vote for her because she's "offensive" :(.

Oh you want sad?

Also, vote Celestia everybody. She inspired best fan song.

• Brohoof 1

Oh you want sad?

Also, vote Celestia everybody. She inspired best fan song.

Pretty song, I've heard it before :) . Though I'm sure people people aren't going to vote for Derpy or Celestia because they have a sad song/video that involves them. That last remark I made on my last post was just a silly gimmick!

Celestia's a great pony, but Derpy is *best pony,* so my vote goes to her.

And as one of the big residential Derpy bronies here, Christmas may've passed, but the video lives on! :D

• Brohoof 1