Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gilda the Griffon: Your Opinion on her Past and Future in MLP

Comet Tail

Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?  

159 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Yes and no, have her still hate the rest of the 6, but have her make up with Dash regardless. It'd show that some of your friends may not get along with others

I second that! That's a great idea. Every adversary getting redeemed would get really boring after a while. This is a bit deeper than that and if executed well it could even make for an interesting dynamic between Gilda and RD if they decide to involve Gilda in future episodes.

The show should show us more Gryphons too. Maybe even their homeland! Just don't characterize all of them after Gilda. Don't make them all be upstuck assholes. That would be one dimensional and disappointing.

I think it would be nice for her to be redeemed, but I wouldn't be mad if she wasn't. I don't really think about her much and don't really care either way so I'm pretty neutral. I would like an episode about her and Dash in Flight Camp though

She was trying too hard for us to either recognize her or like her. I think she should be redeemed but, since we've seen her behavior and actions in Griffon The Brush Off I don't think that she can be redeemed after that.

Hi there, @. As it turns out, we already have a thread for discussion Gilda, her possible return and possible redemption, so yours has been merged into it. Just letting you know. ;)

Guilda isn't coming back trust me. The way she treated The mane 6 and The other equestrians nopony would let her back into ponyville. And guilda would never want to come back anyway because to her, the equestrians are "lame, losers". Guilda is pathetic.

Ha the voice of reason said we could easily see Gilda in the equestrian games.

I mean, i'm hopping for the shadow bolts but i'll take gilda.

I can see Gilda coming back to "prove" to Rainbow Dash and the others that she's cooler than they are. She was pretty surprised that Rainbow Dash had been responsible for the pranks that initially led to her leaving Ponyville, and though she sort of told her off, I think she still misses her and doesn't understand how much she must have changed since they were young together. So Gilda might come back and try to alienate the other ponies from Rainbow Dash in an effort to make her want to be friends like they used to be. I think it would be too much of a character shift to totally reshape her attitude in one more episode, but she might come to see that Rainbow Dash has grown up a little (I think it's perfectly possible that she was just like Gilda when they were young and she didn't know any better), and it might lead her to look more closely at herself.

• Brohoof 2

I can see Gilda coming back to "prove" to Rainbow Dash and the others that she's cooler than they are. She was pretty surprised that Rainbow Dash had been responsible for the pranks that initially led to her leaving Ponyville, and though she sort of told her off, I think she still misses her and doesn't understand how much she must have changed since they were young together. So Gilda might come back and try to alienate the other ponies from Rainbow Dash in an effort to make her want to be friends like they used to be. I think it would be too much of a character shift to totally reshape her attitude in one more episode, but she might come to see that Rainbow Dash has grown up a little (I think it's perfectly possible that she was just like Gilda when they were young and she didn't know any better), and it might lead her to look more closely at herself.

Now this is just pure excellence. If Gilda comes back, she should indeed have bad intentions but perhaps change her mind either that episode or later on. Perhaps Rainbow Dash's improved behavior causes Gilda to finally realize she was acting childish before and change her ways.

Yes, there are so many questions that I felt were unanswered when she left.

I want to see how they met and became friends in flight camp.

I also want to know what happened to her and learn more about both Griffons and their culture, as her appearance gave me interest in their background.

Yesh i would like to see more gilda, i know she's a bully but also an interesting character i would like to hear more of her backstory 

Edited by Vermillion

I think this is how they should bring back Gilda,they show RD having a bad day and getting embarrassed and laughed at so she calls Gilda for cool lessons and as usual Gilda acts like a jerk RD talks to her about it and in the end she was just trying to impress people

I think this is how they should bring back Gilda,they show RD having a bad day and getting embarrassed and laughed at so she calls Gilda for cool lessons and as usual Gilda acts like a jerk RD talks to her about it and in the end she was just trying to impress people

I think RD would never in a million years ask anyone for help with being cool

• Brohoof 2

I think RD would never in a million years ask anyone for help with being cool

I don't think I could ever in a million years agree with this more than I do now.

By the way, if Gilda does show back up, I'm just going to go ahead and say it's likely going to be another redemption type episode. Although that would be kind of disheartening considering that we're going onto fourth season and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are still bullies...

Oh well, I guess Gilda is an adult and it would be cool if she learned her lesson, rather than two kids who have a life full of learning ahead to teach them that bullying is wrong.

I however do think it would be awesome if Gilda stayed a jerk even if she appeared again. Because I love me some jerks.

Mmmm, jerk noodles for breakfast. My kinda food.