Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gilda the Griffon: Your Opinion on her Past and Future in MLP

Comet Tail

Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?  

159 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Not by a long shot :/

I don't really want to see her beak again. I could only see another case of Fluttershy crying Posted Image

Almost every other villains on FiM at least had a good reason why they are evil, but Gilda only came as a jerk because she wanted to be one.

No... I don't think she needs to come back, because I believe that would be insanely awkward... Even though she was a very unique character, she doesn't need to come back.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I've never really liked Gilda too much because of the way she had acted in the episode she was introduced but I think it would be alright if she got a second chance, If she bucks up again though...

I would'nt mind gilda returning for a minute or two cameo appearance. Maybe if we were to explore the griffin race a lot more than we definetly need to see her more.

If we need an episode about her then it would p probably be about her forgiving other ponies or something.

Rainbow Dash X Gilda!!!

• Brohoof 2

Gilda was mean, but she had an interesting design and may have learned a valuable lesson from her one appearance. I voted "unsure," but I wouldn't mind a return appearance if she cleaned up her act and helped the ponies accomplish something. (Nor would any of the ponies reject her.)

Rainbow Dash X Gilda!!!

NOOOOOOO! :blink:

Rainbow Dash X Pinkie Pie.

http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png :)

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

I didn't find her particularly interesting as a villain, but the episode itself was pretty good. I don't think she would be good for telling another story, but the writers might find a way. In other words:

• Brohoof 1

I don't like Gilda that much honestly. Though this has probably already been said, I think it would make for an interesting episode if she appeared again. Conflict is what makes something more interesting to watch (you can't write a book or story without some kind of conflict!) and I think that's what the show lacks in general. The Party Of One and Lesson Zero are my favourite episodes, mainly because there's internal conflict which is always a bonus for me.

I love this poll.

post-6480-0-91833300-1348689226.jpg

I don´t want to see her back. I´d like to see some other Griffons, but not her. Or more like I don´t care, but it makes the whole thing seem like she´s the only Griffon around. Some other Griffons should show themselves!

I think there was a topic like this already. Owell

For me I am not sure. Part of me thinks that they can't use her anymore to make a good episode. While the other part of me thinks that she maybe able to be used, but she may just stay a jerk.

I want her back. Gilda apologizing with Dash and being friends again would make up a way better episode than Trixie coming back.

I like the backstory with Dash and the comic "Dash Academy" made Gilda one of my favorite bg characters. I also like the Griffons design in general

• Brohoof 3

She's the only link we know of to Dashie's past, so she could be used to unlock it. I'd like to see her play'd with Trixie or something else.

I'd be nice to know what Gilda knows of Dash.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to see her as a reoccuring antagonist with a vendetta against Dash and Pinkie or maybe come back trying to make amends in her own conceited way. She's got issues and it's obvious she's trying to work them out. I see a lot of stories about morals going more indepth with how to react and interact with bullies. Honestly I think Gilda would make a better supporting character than, say, Trixie. Never bought into the whole 'Trixie hates Twilight' thing anyway.

She's the only link we know of to Dashie's past, so she could be used to unlock it.

Forgetting this young filly?

Posted Image

Gilda isn't the only one from Rainbow Dash's past. What about Dashie's parents? We have yet to meet them and they'd be new and interesting.

• Brohoof 1

No

Gilda is a mean Griffin and quite annoys me in her episode.

But i wouldn't mind having new Griffins come in the show, i am interested in their species, in more depth besides the rude Gilda, and that french baker looking one.

I'd like to her come back for the exact same reason I would ever want Trixie to come back... so that they can apologize for their behaviour and perhaps redeem themselves enough to become recurring characters... maybe even a focus episode for each of them.

Man, oh Man! We still have a tied! 20/20 (Just like on ABC News Special) split for those who want her back, and doesn't want her back.

I still want her back, not because she's a cruel character, but, if she does come back. Maybe she can be like pretend to be cruel, but inside of her heart she's still a good character.

You see, there's characters from other tv animation shows. Like Hey Arnold! Remember Helga Pataki? She's always been mean to Arnold. Like, calling him "Football head". But, we all know she's truly love him inside of her heart. And she also pretend to be mean and always to impress her friends from her school. Just like in real life if a kid doing cruel things to impress someone for attention. But, inside their hearts they truly care for someone... if they grow up. Did some of you ever done that thing before?

Also, how about Dragon Ball Z TV series. I haven't watch that show since ever! But, I always remember the character Vegeta always the main villian, before he turns into good (Kind of). But, he always want to defeat Goku. You see, Vegeta appeared as the main antagonist in an arc of Dragon Ball known as the Saiyan Arc. This part of the series later became known by a more common name of Dragon Ball Z. Afterward, Vegeta unites with the heroes reluctantly to thwart a greater threat, becoming an anti-hero. In spite of this change, Vegeta remains a dangerous rival to the series's main character Son Goku for almost the remainder of the series.

So for Gilda, maybe if she can comes back, not as good, but maybe always acting like a anti-hero and pretend to be a cruel character. But, she still cares for Rainbow Dash and others inside her heart.

Is that for her a good thing or what?

I'll say no. The way that they portrayed Gilda is just a one time thing. A character that was meant to just be on the show one time and one time only.

What that guy said.

I wouldn't want to Gilda the Griffon to come back, she was a jerk. Nobody disses Pinkie Pie!!! I'd cry Party Foul if i was in that episode.

Never, ever liked Gilda for one bit. However, I would totally like to see more Gryphons, and in general, more mythological creatures who blend into society. Hyppogrifs would be awesome. But totally not Gilda, just like the Flim and Flam brothers, she doesn't need to come back. I've heard rumors of Trixie coming back, but I also see no point in that. Maybe because they know how many fans like her :blink:

I really wouldn't mind if she came back, though I'd prefer Trixie to come back but from what I've heard she's coming back anyway so..