Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gilda the Griffon: Your Opinion on her Past and Future in MLP

Comet Tail

Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?  

159 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I...really don't want to see her ever again, to be perfectly honest. She made Fluttershy cry! And was a bully in general. However--if she could redeem herself in some way and grew as a character, I suppose I wouldn't mind that too much. If they actually did that. :P

I'm rather neutral on this.

But @~Chaotic Discord~ does make an interesting point about Gilda's affiliation with Dash's past.

So all things considered I'd say this: I will accept Gilda's return but won't ask for it.

• Brohoof 1

Everypony hates her.

I feel like she'd instantly be hated if she ever showed her hoov- er... Talons? in Ponyville.

I can't think of any good reasons she has to return.

• 1 month later...

Sadly we have the most annoying minor villain ever returning instead, but I'd still enjoy seeing Gilda return sometime in the future. People still go on about how much they hate her, and yes, she was a bitch and that's apparent to everyone, but people change. I said it back on page one and I'll say it again, with some added flavor: Gilda is a unique link to Dash's past, and she could be used to help explain it.

I've seen a few people point out that Fluttershy was there in Dash's past as well, and yes, that's true as well, but at the end of the day Fluttershy is Fluttershy; she's nothing like Dash, while Gilda is tons more like Dash. In her youth, I see Gilda and Dash hanging out a lot more than Dash and Fluttershy when it comes to flying around, pranking and generally hanging out. Also keep in mind that Fluttershy started spending a lot of her time on the ground after she got her cutie mark, while Dash stuck to the skies as she always does. I'm willing to bet there's plenty of Dash's past that Gilda was there for, of which Fluttershy was absent from.

As for Gilda coming back, I'm not 100% sure on what I'd like to happen in an actual episode, but in the end, I think it'd be great for the show to slap up a 'second chances' theme.

post-4006-0-64949700-1352841736.png

Art by GSphere on DeviantART.

At some point along in the episode, Gilda apologizes to Dash after coming back to Ponyville. She explains her frustrations about Dash finding this new life full of other friends outside of her, and that it made her jealous, which acted as a stimulus for some of her rude and immature behavior, especially towards Pinkie Pie, and in the cross-fire, Fluttershy as well. Dash will say something like, "If you want my forgiveness, you can have it, but I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

Gilda would then approach Pinkie and Fluttershy as well, thusly.

That wouldn't be the outline for the entire episode obviously, there'd be more to it, but that's the jist of what I had in mind.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 2

It depends on how they would use her. I suppose I wouldn't necessarily mind if they redeem Gilda ( but don't redeem Trixie, as least people understand generally that you're not supposed to support Gilda) but honestly I feel like there are better uses for an episode and if you're going to give screen time to a minor character then I would rather it go to a character I like more (cough, cough Spitfire)

Edited by DashForever

It depends on how they would use her. I suppose I wouldn't necessarily mind if they redeem Gilda ( but don't redeem Trixie, as least people understand generally that you're not supposed to support Gilda) but honestly I feel like there are better uses for an episode and if you're going to give screen time to a minor character then I would rather it go to a character I like more (cough, cough Spitfire)

It's about the lesson potential, not just the characters themselves :3 Like my post above states, Gilda's return has potential for a 'second chances' theme written all over it.

one thing that was on my wishlist for season 3 was "more griffons"

there was only one griffon in season 1 (Gilda)

and one in season 2 (the baker... forget the name)

so i hope to see more griffons!

i can tottaly relate to Gilda... not the last part of the episode...

so ya... i guess id like to see Gilda again

"She made Fluttershy cry?" So did Angle, Philomena and Rainbow Dash and I donÄt hear anyone demanding they don't appear again. :huh:

I'd love to see a redemption episode (though I got a feeling Trixie will get that slot). Because I'm pretty sure, that when stuff hits the fan, both Dash and Gilda would still have each others back. I'd love to see an episode of the two having to work together (maybe something from their shared past comes up), that ends with Dash offering Gilda to come hang out sometimes.

No, i don't want gilda back. I hated her from the start. When i saw her at first i though like. "Woo is this the cool one in the series that will stay for pretty long?" I was happy when she ran out of town ^^

GAK

Edited by Rain Dance

I think she could possibly come back as a friendship lesson "People can change". She comes back all nice and stuff but the ponies are unsure, and she ends up having actually changed. :huh: I think she has potential.

Well, I'm really not sure....it depends how they place her in the show.

I liked the Gilda episode, it was really good (expect for the fact that she yelled at Fluttershy :( ). However, I really don't see why she should come back. She's not a really iconic character like Trixie, and Trixie is a more developed character, and the writers/creators liked her so they decided to have her come back. It's not the same story with Gilda. She didn't really have enough 'oomph' to make it back. So I'm not sure she will return.

...And I think we all know from the episode that she didn't want to come back since all the 'uncool' people were there. So she's probably off to another place. If she returns on the show, great. If she doesn't, great. I really don't mind, as long as the episode is good and that it has ponies in it. :)

There's a lot of characters I want back-Flim and Flam, Gilda, Stephen Magnet, Trixie (though she has another episode), etc.

So yes, definitely. :D

"She made Fluttershy cry?" So did Angle, Philomena and Rainbow Dash and I donÄt hear anyone demanding they don't appear again. :huh:

I'd love to see a redemption episode (though I got a feeling Trixie will get that slot). Because I'm pretty sure, that when stuff hits the fan, both Dash and Gilda would still have each others back. I'd love to see an episode of the two having to work together (maybe something from their shared past comes up), that ends with Dash offering Gilda to come hang out sometimes.

Trixie's entire known platform thus far has been her coming back and using her mysterious new-found powers to kick Twilight out of town; I doubt she's going to have redemption. If she does, it's going to feel forced and sudden, and I will not be happy xD

Agreed with everything else.

• Brohoof 2

For me, it would be interesting, as some of Rainbows backstory may open up more, such as more of her time at flight school, but then again, Gilda is just a bitch, and would take a whole lot of redeeming to make better. It would be interesting to see what they would do to her but I am unsure on how much I would like it.

I'd like to see Gilda come back. Trixie is coming back, so why not Zoidberg Gilda? Trixie seems to have many more supporters than Gilda because Gilda actually mistreated Fluttershy. Trixie didn't even get the chance, since they didn't interact, but I doubt she'd have treated Fluttershy any better. For that matter, Fluttershy made two of her best friends cry. Should we all hate her twice as much as we hate Gilda? Anyway, before I'm sidetracked any further by Trixie-angst, I'll just say that I think Gilda should return to be redeemed in some way.

• Brohoof 2

I thought Dashie kind of droped the ban hammer on her. But i didn't like her that much to start with really she was to douchey for me.

Like Shadow Stalker said i would personally love to see more of Dashies backstory but they could do it without Gilda i think.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gilda again, but only if the episode makes her see the error of her ways. For example, she gets into some kind of trouble where the ponies have to rescue her, and she says something like "I guess you guys aren't totally lame." keeping that Gilda atitude yet acknowledging the ponies' help.

Edited by PonyHag1

Not really. If it happens, I won't complain about it, but I don't think there's a reason for her to come back. If I remember correctly, she was the one who broke of the friendship with Rainbow Dash, so it's not like there's enough unfinished business to justify a revenge plot.

Well, the fact she made Fluttershy cry makes me slightly bitter towards her. However I guess if she comes back friendly and all. I wouldn't mind it.

I never really had any astounding need for her to come back though, she isn't the type of character I'll die without them coming back for sure, but I'm fine if she does.

As long as the episodes still good.

I'd love to see an episode were she comes back, and for some reason she ends up as a pony, it's too big of a long shot, but I think it'd be pretty awesome, maybe she'd apologize to Rainbow Dash for being a jerk to her friends xD

Honestly, if Trixie gets to come back, Gilda should get to come back.

Personally, Gilda is one of my favorite characters, and I feel like they could do more with her. I don't exactly know what, but I feel like there can be more.