Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash being sisters is pointless (Spoilers)

pinkiefan1287

But I never seen her in the show having signs of loneliness, over worked parents, or anything to show this.

Since when did you need a hard reason to be lonely? Or even lonely at all to cherish having a sibling? Something, and story-wise—it doesn't need to be anything at all, brought Scootaloo to tears because she wanted a big sister. It didn't really matter to the audience or, at the time, Rainbow Dash. She stepped up to the starting line and joined the race with dat filly.

That's honestly all that matters. 

Since when did you need a hard reason to be lonely? Or even lonely at all to cherish having a sibling? Something, and story-wise—it doesn't need to be anything at all, brought Scootaloo to tears because she wanted a big sister. It didn't really matter to the audience or, at the time, Rainbow Dash. She stepped up to the starting line and joined the race with dat filly.

That's honestly all that matters. 

I'm just saying if there was more meaning to her wanting a sister, (like the things I listed), then I would be more willing more to accept it and feel she really needs one. By giving no real back story to it, it just makes her seem selfish and greedy. Just wanting something for no reason is not a good idea.

Still that is just how I see it.

I think that them ending up as "sisters" was meant to be the real conclusion of the subplot of Scootaloo's admiration of Rainbow Dash. Sure, it's a thing to be touched on from there on out, but never would it really need to have as much significance as it did in the episode where it finally happened. Scootaloo is implied not to have a family, so she wanted Rainbow Dash to at least voluntarily act as a sister figure for her. Once that point was reached, there was no need for the writers to exploit it any further. I'd honestly argue that leaving it at that was the better choice than taking every waking moment to rant about how great it is having RD as a sister.

I'm glad you see it that way. All of the Mane 6 don't have to be included in every episode, especially in the CMC episodes.

because pinkie

twilight and flutters didn't have a ltitle sistert involved.

I didn't need them there cause their main.

I need them there if it makes sense.

rainbow is a psudo big sister.

how about the real ones.

because pinkie

twilight and flutters didn't have a ltitle sistert involved.

I didn't need them there cause their main.

I need them there if it makes sense.

rainbow is a psudo big sister.

how about the real ones.

Just because they are there, does not mean it makes sense. Twilight and Fluttershy don't have sisters.

Just because they are there, does not mean it makes sense. Twilight and Fluttershy don't have sisters.

that was the point i was trying to get across..

i was hinting apple jack and rarity should have been there......

you know being real sisters?

i apoligize, if my direction was confusing

that was the point i was trying to get across..

i was hinting apple jack and rarity should have been there......

you know being real sisters?

i apoligize, if my direction was confusing

It's not confusing. But I think we already had that in Sleepless in Ponyville.

I sort of get what OP is saying regarding the new episode, but that sisterly relationship isn't pointless. You have to think about its meaning rather than its practical ramifications. The point is that Scootaloo now has a specific, reliable pony to call upon and look up to outside of "gee whiz, she's cool". We should see Scootaloo characterized outside of this conflict and relationship, but if anything, "Flight to the Finish" showed that Scoots very much needs a sister figure or three to comfort her.

• Brohoof 6

• 2 weeks later...

I think its not really pointless because Sweetiebell and Applebloom both have sisters that at some point have been there for them but scootaloo doesnt have a sister so RD is kinda being there for her like a sister