Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP: A Christmas Carol - OCs AND VOICE ACTORS OPEN!

Neon Fire

So I came across a thread about who you'd cast for MLP characters in the movie "A Christmas Carol" and a thought came across my mind.  I was thinking that it'd be a cool idea to make an animation with MLP characters and base it around the story of Christmas Carol.  I'm not 100% sure I wanna do this since it would be very time consuming, however, I think I'll give it a shot!

SO...  Here's the deal.  I'm going to need the following things:

Voice actors

Artists and animators (Mint Drop, Star Burst)

Writers (Neon Fire, Applesack, FMStorm, Star Burst, theadventuretimefan)

Music writers (SpinjitzuMaster (no others needed); Singing: Thevenomous)

Now, here's who I need for voice actors

Prince Blueblood (aka Scrooge): Mono_Chrome

Shining Armor (Cratchit): Thevenomous

Pipsqueak (Tiny Tim): Ragin' Red Talon

King Sombra (Jacob Marley): Thevenomous

Sweetie Belle (Ghost of Christmas Past): No one

Pinkie Pie (Ghost of Christmas Present): No one

Rainbow Dash (Ghost of Christmas Future): Me

Applejack (Fred): Pink Mist

Rarity (Belle): Pink Mist

Cadence (Mrs. Cratchit): No one

Twilight (Fezziwig): No one

Background voices: zenofan1

Okay, so I'm kind of basing these characters off the Disney movie since I never saw the older ones...   :P  But if you think I forgot anyone, let me know.  I'll probably need various background voices as well.

Also!  I will be needing your OCs!  Most of them will likely be background ponies but some may even be voice acted too!

What I do not accept for OCs

1. Alicorns

2. OCs with too many colors

3. Crazy designs (butterfly wings, stripes and spots everywhere, just try to make it seem like it'd be something you'd see in the show, kay?)

Edited by Neon Fire

Okay then let's give this a shot-

http://snd.sc/1fz455t

Hmmm, it was a good attempt, but I wanna try and have it sound more like Sweetie.  Feel free to try other characters!

Are you trying to release this by christmas? That's too soon of a deadline

Ah, no way. xD  Wayyyy too soon to have it done by then.

I'm a jack of all trades. I can do some animation, and maybe some voice acting. Writing by far is my best though.

Sounds great!  I'll have you set to be one of the script writers.  Feel free to try out for any of the characters and also do you have any animation samples?

Sounds great!  I'll have you set to be one of the script writers.  Feel free to try out for any of the characters and also do you have any animation samples?

Darn, I wish I had. My computer broke with my animation software, although with MS paint I could whip up some horrible low res animations.

Darn, I wish I had. My computer broke with my animation software, although with MS paint I could whip up some horrible low res animations.

It's fine, if you don't have any, don't worry about it.  How close would you say it is to MLP FiM?

It's fine, if you don't have any, don't worry about it.  How close would you say it is to MLP FiM?

It's a bit rougher, so not as smooth. Other than that, it's pretty good. A lot like My Little Portal.

Awesome, that can work. You've also got the part as animator if you want too!

here's what I will do.

My computer has broke and will not return until during winter break. In also leaving then XD. So, once u get my computer back it may take me a while to set up and get a base. After that a weeks worth if time could go into 30 seconds of animation. So yeah, it will take a LONG time.

edit: I'll write the whole time though. Give me any special notes via PM by Thursday.

Edited by Applesack

here's what I will do.

My computer has broke and will not return until during winter break. In also leaving then XD. So, once u get my computer back it may take me a while to set up and get a base. After that a weeks worth if time could go into 30 seconds of animation. So yeah, it will take a LONG time.

edit: I'll wire the whole time though. Give me any special notes via PM by Thursday.

It's fine, there's no rush for this to get done.  I'll add you then as animator and if needed, I could help a bit too, however I've never animated.  But yeah, don't worry, no rush.

Here's my voice reel, it should have Rarity, Luna, Scootaloo, and Applebloom. 

Well Luna, Scoots and Applebloom aren't in there. 

[WILL EDIT IN A SECOND]

EDIT:  Could you try lines with just Rarity?

Edited by Neon Fire

I would help and all, but i'm not really able to do animation at all, i'm a horrid writer And i'm not really much of an artist either.

I can't really write music either, i mean I kinda somewhat sing, but i've never been professionally trained or anything, and singing in character or something means its even harder probably. In other words i think i'm not talented enough for that, even if its like the only thing i'm atleast decent at.

Voice acting i'm pretty meh at at best. Never done any really.

And not to mention my schedule is a bit iffy as far as when i can do stuff due to things i have like school and band, and the fact i'm a closet brony, so i can only really do alot of this when alone, which is a bit iffy on time. (Not to mention even with stuff like singing i'm kinda shy about it unless i'm alone.)

So yeah, basically Tl;Dr of this whole thing.. Is that i kinda lack the talent and time to do this, and thus i probably shouldn't ;p.

I wish you good luck though! I'm looking forward to see how it turns out!

• Brohoof 1

This is really good, although it just doesn't feel right somehow. It's not 'bad', heck it's not 'good' it's great, but it just feels off. But eh, we are t exactly using professional mics in a soundproof recording room, so...

IM NOT THE LEADER, JUST MY OPINION

Why did my notification say you quoted my post? :P Eh must be a glitch

Why did my notification say you quoted my post? :P Eh must be a glitch

haha, I did but it disappeared :3

Your AJ is almost the real deal, and your Rarity is really good. If you want my opinion, is go for the AJ one. AJ is hard.

• Brohoof 1

I think Pink Mist is a dead ringer for AJ. Just my opinion.
Anyhow, I would like to offer my services as voice actress. Though I'm not very good at some of the voices, I'm going to try most of them, at least female voices anyhow.
And, if I eventually figure out how to animate legs, I'd love to help you out as an animator.

• Brohoof 2

I'll go ahead and try out for Rarity and AJ :)

WOW!  Those are like...  Spot on!  You've got the parts for both of them! =D

I can be a writer if you want to!

Awesome, I'll add you to the list!

I think Pink Mist is a dead ringer for AJ. Just my opinion.

Anyhow, I would like to offer my services as voice actress. Though I'm not very good at some of the voices, I'm going to try most of them, at least female voices anyhow.

And, if I eventually figure out how to animate legs, I'd love to help you out as an animator.

Sweet, just post some samples and I'll let you know how it goes!  As for animating, that would be great if you can help!

EDIT:  To the writers, I'll send out a PM with info tomorrow!  And just because we have some writers now, you can still feel free to help out!

Edited by Neon Fire